Doug King Takeover (5 Viewers)

MalcSB

Thanks to Coventry City for collaboration, too...
And no mention of Wasps.

aviles

Another depressing day as a Coventry supporter. It does make you wonder what the announcement of DK’s takeover last night was all about. Surely sisu and DK knew they didn’t have a cats chance in getting the stadium. The only thing I can now think of (hope for) is it was a play to make the club more valuable if Ashley comes knocking… being debt free and no long in need of money (so it seems), we are no longer in a position where Ashley can try and force a cheap sale of the club. Who knows what’s going to happen next, feeling pretty deflated right now

Philosorapter

Just out of curiosity.

Does anyone know who is in charge at the sky blue trust.

They haven't updated their site since telling everyone there was an AGM.

That's around 4 months ago.

MalcSB

Another depressing day as a Coventry supporter. It does make you wonder what the announcement of DK’s takeover last night was all about. Surely sisu and DK knew they didn’t have a cats chance in getting the stadium. The only thing I can now think of (hope for) is it was a play to make the club more valuable if Ashley comes knocking… being debt free and no long in need of money (so it seems), we are no longer in a position where Ashley can try and force a cheap sale of the club. Who knows what’s going to happen next, feeling pretty deflated right now
It could always be as simple as Sisu have sold an 85% stake in the football club to DK. Give the bloke a chance, and if he turns out to be Michael Knighton in disguise then pillory him. If he gets EFL approval and no players are sold in January, that would be a good start. He has also said he is not keen on constant litigation, another bonus.

the rumpo kid

The way I see it now, sisu have three options.
1. Sell to Mike Ashley
2. Use the Doug king money to make a massive bid for promotion, then sell a premier League club.
3. Assets strip, sell anyone they can get a £ for and offer what's left to the highest bidder.

Guess which one I think the vindictive hedge fund will go for ?

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I really don't see how either new owners benefit by trying to distress the other now. It would reduce revenue and the value of the club if we moved elsewhere/got relegated.

And if Ashley is interested in buying us (as surely he must be), it would cost more to bring us back to the level we are now.

So, IMO it's uncertain, but not depressing :)

MalcSB

1. Sell to Mike Ashley
2. Use the Doug king money to make a massive bid for promotion, then sell a premier League club.
3. Assets strip, sell anyone they can get a £ for and offer what's left to the highest bidder.

The wrong one.

rexo87

hes finished

summary:

he loves Ashley
everybody should be friends
everyone should love the council as they built the stadium and got games on in last few weeks
regeneration, regeneration, regeneration

ceetee

1. Sell to Mike Ashley

Are you suggesting that Doug King will put in £?millions so that SISU can control a business that they only have a 15% share in?

Robinshio

so
1. is king still in charge
2. is he interested in investing in the football club
3. will he be building a new ground or working with ashley
4 or is this another 15 years of pain

I have no idea whether to plan for champions league or national league

MalcSB

so
1. is king still in charge
2. is he interested in investing in the football club
3. will he be building a new ground or working with ashley
4 or is this another 15 years of pain

I have no idea whether to plan for champions league or national league
1. Not yet, needs EFL approval
2. He says he is
3. Working with Ashley
4. Who the fuck knows

jordan210

Surprise surprise

The chief executive of Coventry City Council escaped a no-confidence vote, it has emerged, as the proposal for a motion was not backed by enough councillors at a Labour group meeting.

Users who are viewing this thread