Transfer Rumour Ellis Simms (4 Viewers)

RoboCCFC90

If it’s true that we are spending around £7m that shocks me somewhat. Could we get better for £7m? I’m inclined to believe so.

djr8369

Maybe Yok deal nearly over the line so we can now commit to spending. Hopefully it’s legit and confirmed.

no_loyalty

Good player, happy to have him, but the 7-8 mill is expensive.
It is but if he bangs in 20+ goals which he is fully capable of, he will be in demand for big money.

RoboCCFC90

like who. Simms has significant upward potential in both ability and potential returns.
Macrus Forss and Sam Surridge? Of course the figures quoted aren’t exact, but could we’ve got one of these players for the same money, yes.

I will concede the fact that Simms is younger therefore he has a potential to have a higher sell on value, but if we are losing Vik we need to replace him with someone proven and I just have doubts over Simms compared against Surridge.

Ccfcisparks

Macrus Forss and Sam Surridge? Of course the figures quoted aren’t exact, but could we’ve got one of these players for the same money, yes.

I will concede the fact that Simms is younger therefore he has a potential to have a higher sell on value, but if we are losing Vik we need to replace him with someone proven and I just have doubts over Simms compared against Surridge.
Surridge is hardly handy in front of goal.

I'd imagine he would cost within £1-2m of what we would pay for Simms anyway.

napolimp

Wow. Wasn't expecting this if true. Appears to be capable of scoring a few goals, and appears to be the right age to gain value. Hopefully the right attitude and fit, but I'm sure MR has done his research. A lot of money to gamble on one player though, assuming Vik rumours are correct and what we will have left after this.

PVA

Hope this is true, I think he'd be a great signing.

Plus I said it would be a good shout back in January 😎

SkyBlueMatt

The price is unnerving but if he'll replace Vik's goals for a fraction of the price. It's a winner.

Apparently he's a natural finisher and he has strength but not really any pace.

If he turns out to be a 1 in 2 striker, 22 years old, English. We'll never lose cash on him.

skyblu3sk

This would show real intent. Like others I worry a little about the price mainly as it may mean we can buy less in other positions. Saying that we are screaming out for striking talent hopefully we will be able to pick up some bargains. Thinking about it if we have managed to get an amazing deal for Vik then maybe Doug holding out has got the majority of this fee!

Users who are viewing this thread