England cricket (1 Viewer)

lifeskyblue

That was a great innings by Roy. Hopefully set up the platform

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCFC88

We bat long, even if it comes down to Rashid and Big Mo I'd be confident from here. I start to worry when Plunkett is padding up though.

Gazolba

What does Morgan have to do to get dropped? He seems to get a duck in almost every innings. He cannot bowl and never seems to take catches. Is there a reason he plays?

Otis

What does Morgan have to do to get dropped? He seems to get a duck in almost every innings. He cannot bowl and never seems to take catches. Is there a reason he plays?
samrickettsyndrome

Captains are immune to prosecution.

CCFC88

His field settings yesterday got us a couple of crucial wickets and his strategic planning with the bowling line up has been almost perfect throughout, its not like football where your performance on the pitch is 95% of the role. To suggest a captain that has steered his team to the world cup final should be dropped is absurd.

Yes he has had a couple of golden ducks, but his knock against Sri Lanka, rotating the strike allowing Buttler to go mental got us out of the group stage.

You cant judge a cricket captain by a number next to his name on a scorecard, especially not in a short form knockout competition.

Otis

His field settings yesterday got us a couple of crucial wickets and his strategic planning with the bowling line up has been almost perfect throughout, its not like football where your performance on the pitch is 95% of the role. To suggest a captain that has steered his team to the world cup final should be dropped is absurd.

Yes he has had a couple of golden ducks, but his knock against Sri Lanka, rotating the strike allowing Buttler to go mental got us out of the group stage.

You cant judge a cricket captain by a number next to his name on a scorecard, especially not in a short form knockout competition.
Yep!

Exactly the same as we don't see Sam Ricketts organising the defence when we're not looking.

Covstu

Another top performance and cannot wait until Sunday now!

I would disagree with Morgan being dropped, he could lead us to victory! I would potentially move him down the order so someone like Stokes can be 3 or 4 and can do some early damage. It was a great decision to bowl first which with the condition of the pitch was a great decision despite the amount of people saying we should have batted.

scroobiustom

not the biggest fan of t20 but this world cup has been genuinely exciting!

England having some real players helps!

just for the record Morgan vs. Colly in t20....

GamesRunsAverage
Collingwood3558319
Morgan61139420

Not a huge difference really and colly won a world cup! (with Morgan as a batsman)

stick with him!

CCFC88

He is our most experienced T20 player, having played in India, Australia and at home, anyone who thinks he should be dropped clearly doesnt understand the game.

I think he learnt a lot from our ODI series with NZ last year and I understand he is good freinds with B McCullum, a grandaster of limited overs cricket, who will have passed on words of advice.

Back to Sunday, who would you rather we face in the final?

WI, I think if you can get into an injured Gayle early they have shown that they are brittle and very beatable. Also their bowling lineup doesnt worry me as much as India's, especially on a slow pitch.

India, Not looked great throughout really, shouldnt even be here following the Bangladesh debacle, a packed stadium could work against them if we can get on top but in Kohli and Dohni they have real match winners.

Captain Dart

not the biggest fan of t20 but this world cup has been genuinely exciting!

England having some real players helps!

just for the record Morgan vs. Colly in t20....

GamesRunsAverage
Collingwood3558319
Morgan61139420

Not a huge difference really and colly won a world cup! (with Morgan as a batsman)

stick with him!

Average isn't as important in T20 as in longer forms of the game. In T20 either you get decent runs or blow out in the attempt, the frequency of the good scores that contribute to a winning total is more important in my opinion, getting a few ducks/single figure scores is not unlikely. So getting 20 every match it is not as good as getting 2 40's and 2 0's.

Gazolba

I think whoever bats last will win the final. Knowing how many runs you need is key.

Covstu

He is our most experienced T20 player, having played in India, Australia and at home, anyone who thinks he should be dropped clearly doesnt understand the game.

I think he learnt a lot from our ODI series with NZ last year and I understand he is good freinds with B McCullum, a grandaster of limited overs cricket, who will have passed on words of advice.

Back to Sunday, who would you rather we face in the final?

WI, I think if you can get into an injured Gayle early they have shown that they are brittle and very beatable. Also their bowling lineup doesnt worry me as much as India's, especially on a slow pitch.

India, Not looked great throughout really, shouldnt even be here following the Bangladesh debacle, a packed stadium could work against them if we can get on top but in Kohli and Dohni they have real match winners.

Yep bang on. Glad we have the Windies even though we list to them earlier. We are shit with spin so didn't fancy taking India on in the home turf.

Otis

Yep bang on. Glad we have the Windies even though we list to them earlier. We are shit with spin so didn't fancy taking India on in the home turf.
Just need to get Chris Gayle and then another 9 wickets early and we have a good chance.

Covstu

Just need to get Chris Gayle and then another 9 wickets early and we have a good chance.

That's what India thought too Otis!! Put them into bat first, both teams weaknesses is the bowling attack so going to see some decent scores I would say.

Gazolba

So long as we can keep their batsmen reasonably in check we'll be ok. But as soon as we allow anyone to unleash their fury our bowlers will get rattled. Need to hold any catches we get and at least one of our batsmen needs to get a big score.

J

Jack Griffin

Dot ball dot ball ...
c778a4757455a1304b69ba7cc0b69b07.jpg

CJ_covblaze

Feel for Stokes. Four bad balls (slippy ball) but his contribution helped put us in a winning position in the first place.

Grendel

Feel for Stokes. Four bad balls (slippy ball) but his contribution helped put us in a winning position in the first place.

It was a poor decision to leave him to the end. Willey had to be the death bowler.

We should have slipped another over or two by root or Ali when the West Indies were rebuilding. Stokes and Plunkett are easy meat at the death. Stokes repeatedly bowled attempted Yorkers which ended up as full pitch deliveries all at the same pace.

Morgan as a batsmen looks out his depth at world level and he's no captain of note. Time to go.

oucho

Classic, team has lost so let's change the man in charge, will CCFC fans ever learn?

Grendel

Ian1779

Classic, team has lost so let's change the man in charge, will CCFC fans ever learn?

Morgan was revered as the great hope in the shorter format. And the whole time if we are honest - he wasn't a patch on KP and now Root. He doesn't contribute to the team anymore, and there are better T20 players that aren't getting in.

Covstu

I think the boys did well but that short total was always going to get chased Down. These things happen and we were beaten by the better team. Don't blame Morgan for this, we have had a great tournament where no one expected us to get out of the groups

Gazolba

Anyone who can hit four sixes off the last four balls deserves to win, and anyone who bowls four balls that can be hit for six in the last over deserves to lose.

Users who are viewing this thread