England v Scotland (1 Viewer)

Covstu

This game could have been so different

Covstu

The pace has been the key difference, England attacked with speed and everytime we look like scoring. Scotland just do not have any players with that capability

ccfc92

The pace has been the key difference, England attacked with speed and everytime we look like scoring. Scotland just do not have any players with that capability

I'd also say, Scotland setting up attacking England helped too. We normally play VS 11 centre backs

Otis

England have been very poor for the most part.

Looked good for the last 25 mins, but it was game over by then.

This game had a touch of the Iceland match about it. Scotland pressed and we kept making a whole stack of mistakes in our own half.

Lucky for us that tonight we met a team whose final ball and shooting was very poor.

Always great to win 3-0, but still lots to be concerned about and if we were to play a half decent side and put in a performance like that we would be in big trouble.

I did feel for the Scots. Great effort and determination and they had the chances. Very much lacking the quality in that final third though.

Thought Cahill and Stones were very poor. Was impressed with Rose and Walker and Lallana and Sterling I thought did well too.

Comfortable win in the end, but still a load of work to do.

ccfc92

braveheart_header.jpg

Darren Fletcher in his interview :D

CJ_covblaze

Nearly landed on the row behind after the Sturridge goal. Not the best England performance but we didn't really need to be that good. We didn't even get into second gear. Scotland were terrible. Anya crapped his pants every time Rose and Lallana got the ball. Wallace, Berra and Hanley were all poor and were committing mistake after mistake. Brown shouldn't have bothered coming back. As for Griffiths, he couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

Again I was very impressed with Lallana. He was superb and IMO if he had played in Ljubljana we would be sat with maximum points. Outstanding header from Sturridge. Nice ball in too.

Still not sure about Southgate either way. Won't be after Tuesday either. Anything but an embarrassing drumming though and the FA will give him the job.

Strachan won't be hanging around much longer surely. Who's next there? Heard Moyes mentioned. That'd be brilliant! More than happy with that.

CJ_covblaze

I know one happy little 7year old who's going to get back late tonight Third visit to Wembley, lucky little munchkins aren't they kids today. B-)

He was full of beans at Stanmore Wingy. Bet he's zonked now he's in the car though.

Covstu

Nearly landed on the row behind after the Sturridge goal. Not the best England performance but we didn't really need to be that good. We didn't even get into second gear. Scotland were terrible. Anya crapped his pants every time Rose and Lallana got the ball. Wallace, Berra and Hanley were all poor and were committing mistake after mistake. Brown shouldn't have bothered coming back. As for Griffiths, he couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

Again I was very impressed with Lallana. He was superb and IMO if he had played in Ljubljana we would be sat with maximum points. Outstanding header from Sturridge. Nice ball in too.

Still not sure about Southgate either way. Won't be after Tuesday either. Anything but an embarrassing drumming though and the FA will give him the job.

Strachan won't be hanging around much longer surely. Who's next there? Heard Moyes mentioned. That'd be brilliant! More than happy with that.
Alex Neil being touted at the moment

CJ_covblaze

bringbackrattles

What is it with all the love for Stones by managers and players ? I don't get it as he's error prone and a liability for club and country. They say he will make mistakes,but that he's learning !

CJ_covblaze

What is it with all the love for Stones by managers and players ? I don't get it as he's error prone and a liability for club and country. They say he will make mistakes,but that he's learning !

He's got so much talent it's unreal. He does make the odd error but they'll get stamped out soon enough. He does enough to make his place in the squad worthwhile at the moment.

Whilst we're on the subject of Stones, Harries reminds me a lot of him. Huge potential there.

bringbackrattles

He's got so much talent it's unreal. He does make the odd error but they'll get stamped out soon enough. He does enough to make his place in the squad worthwhile at the moment.

Whilst we're on the subject of Stones, Harries reminds me a lot of him. Huge potential there.
As it's you CJ I'll take your word for it as you've seen him play live,I've just seen him on the telly.But should a professional player make so many errors ?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Stones along with Alli are two of the most overrated english players around. There not bad players, both should go onto have decent careers in the premier league but neither of them are nowhere near as good as the media and pundits like to make out.

Gazolba

Good win over a nothing Scotland team. Scotland were abysmal. England were just above ordinary but you cannot argue with three brilliant headers. Rooney had a not half bad game though I still think he should retire from internationals and give the next generation an opportunity.

covmark

Thrown away a 2-0 lead against the Spanish C team today
Hardly a C team was it, and tbh they didn't look like scoring till the last 5 minutes. I'd be more pissed off if I was Spanish, because they were shite. At least we looked dangerous pretty much every time we attacked.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Hadji10

Hardly a C team was it, and tbh they didn't look like scoring till the last 5 minutes. I'd be more pissed off if I was Spanish, because they were shite. At least we looked dangerous pretty much every time we attacked.

Yeah I'd be pissed off is was Spanish too, winning 3 of the last 5 major tournaments just isn't good enough is it!

We played okay, felt like we were at full pelt whilst they played it at a friendlys pace, they can click through the gears and when they do a team like England can't stop them.

fernandopartridge

Oh yeah great

CJ_covblaze

More than happy with the performance. Wasn't much different to the one against them last year really. We were the better side this time. Grantd both sides didn't really field their strongest 11s.

Lallana going off early was a blow. Think Hart would've stopped the second. Another day we would've won that.

covmark

Yeah I'd be pissed off is was Spanish too, winning 3 of the last 5 major tournaments just isn't good enough is it!

We played okay, felt like we were at full pelt whilst they played it at a friendlys pace, they can click through the gears and when they do a team like England can't stop them.
WRT your first sentence, I was talking in context of the game, not the last 10 years. Your second sentence I tend to agree with.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Only 3 of the Spain players who started get anywhere near the first team in a competitive match. Quite a few of them who played tonight would struggle to make the strongest squad.

We played pretty much our strongest available and couldn't see it out. When Spain brought on there B players like isco, morata and koke and we couldn't handle their quality, if Spain had their A players we would have been comfortably beaten.

CJ_covblaze

Only 3 of the Spain players who started get anywhere near the first team in a competitive match. Quite a few of them who played tonight would struggle to make the strongest squad.

We played pretty much our strongest available and couldn't see it out. When Spain brought on there B players like isco, morata and koke and we couldn't handle their quality, if Spain had their A players we would have been comfortably beaten.

We were without Dele, Walker, Kane, lost Lallana (alongside Dier he's our best player) early on and bought on both our 4th choice keeper & 4th choice centre half for 45 minutes. It was a B team at best.

Hadji10

Does it matter anyway? We always perform in friendlies. It's the real thing that counts and we constantly dissapoint.

Users who are viewing this thread