Johnnythespider

Don't they fight and stuff in the woods? Weights etc combat training
Yes apparently they do lots of stuffing in the woods

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Johnnythespider

Stan the man Collymore is periscoping it all again

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

CJ_covblaze

Periscope is well worth looking at atm. There are certainly a few idiots out there. Was always going to happen. Close to the UK. Interesting to see the UK Police's reaction. They're stopping (or at least trying to stop) the French Police attacking and tear gassing the Brits. Now if there was seriously bad behaviour it's fair to say our Coppers wouldn't be doing that.

SBAndy

Not a particularly pleasant atmosphere over here in certain parts. Bit of a ding-dong earlier on with English fans leaving the fan zone and having glass bottles launched at us. Couldn't tell you who did it, mind, as I was out of there straight away.

Bumberclart

When Sky News are reporting that the French police are being heavy handed, it must be bad.
I notice the Russians didn't seem too keen to get involved last night, without the element of surprise.

Nick

Administrator
From what I saw, the British police seem to be doing a better job. Actually talking to people rather than just hammering people with batons and teargas.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Unfortunately, the grief with the Russians at the first game appears to have acted like a call to arms for the english element.....a lot more have travelled to lille without tickets...its gonna get very messy tonight.....

....and even worse if we lose....

Nick

Administrator
Unfortunately, the grief with the Russians at the first game appears to have acted like a call to arms for the english element.....a lot more have travelled to lille without tickets...its gonna get very messy tonight.....

That's the thing isn't it.

I just hope innocent Russian fellas don't take a kickin like English fans did or it gets stupid. Fair enough, go there and enjoy the party and if the Russian fans start attacking then stick up for yourself. To go out there to do the same as what they did though is stupid.

tisza

it's all a load of alcohol-fuelled nonsense. Blokes on the lash all day get wound up by a couple of big mouths and start acting up. Yesterday what happened was the alcohol ban wasn't enforced & from what it seems the trouble was localized around one small area with a tiny % of "fans".
Stand to be corrected but I don't think there was 1 English fan arrested at the last Euros in Ukraine/Poland despite much pre-tournament media hype about cheap alcohol, racism & local hooligans.

chiefdave

Saw some footage being broadcast on twitter that showed the British police getting in between English fans and the French police who were about to tear gas them. Quick chat with the England fans and it was all calmed down.
While there is no doubt some complete idiots out there, from all countries, think the French police need to look at their approach. They seem to be enflaming situations rather than calming them.

Nick

Administrator
Saw some footage being broadcast on twitter that showed the British police getting in between English fans and the French police who were about to tear gas them. Quick chat with the England fans and it was all calmed down.
While there is no doubt some complete idiots out there, from all countries, think the French police need to look at their approach. They seem to be enflaming situations rather than calming them.

That's the thing, when the Russians ran up and gave individual fans a pasting the french police's approach was to get there ten minutes later and tear gas the england fans.

eastwoodsdustman

French police don't look like they have any plans in place to deal with football supporters. They were totally unprepared in Marsielle and in then to try and gas people to move them on is just stupid and asking for trouble to break out. If they are going to treat the people like animals then guess what will happen?
Their intelligence seems to be terrible. Not just from a football point of view but with the terrorism threat too. They are clueless by the looks of the way they deal with things and monitor people and threats from hooligans and terrorists alike.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Whilst I agree the policing is shit & the Russians are asking for it, its indisputable that there are a good number of English cunts out there too.....

My mate who lives there is currently most pissed off, not with the Slovak, Russian or English hoolies, but furious that his local booze shop is closed:mad:

....oh well, hope for the best, expect the worst & watch collymore running with the pack on periscope later....

chiefdave

Fair play to Collymore, some great coverage. Seen he's been getting grief for what he's been doing off 'proper' journalists.

Nick

Administrator
Although, embarassing footage of england fans and young migrant kids. Making them down beer for money and stuff :(

duffer

Although, embarassing footage of england fans and young migrant kids. Making them down beer for money and stuff :(

And there's your problem, Nick. If a bunch of lads roll up to a bar, start sticking all the flags up, get pissed, pile into the usual offensive (and often racist) 'banter' and songs, and then behave like this then they're going to draw attention to themselves.

It doesn't mean that they should get a kicking from a semi-organised Russian militia, but let's not deny that it's provocative and the French police (as do many other forces outside of England) have a very different way of dealing with what they see as provocation. No one's going to change that, so maybe the better option as England fans is to restrain our own behaviour and try not be such dickheads when we're abroad. I say this as an England fan, fwiw.

Nick

Administrator
And there's your problem, Nick. If a bunch of lads roll up to a bar, start sticking all the flags up, get pissed, pile into the usual offensive (and often racist) 'banter' and songs, and then behave like this then they're going to draw attention to themselves.

It doesn't mean that they should get a kicking from a semi-organised Russian militia, but let's not deny that it's provocative and the French police (as do many other forces outside of England) have a very different way of dealing with what they see as provocation. No one's going to change that, so maybe the better option as England fans is to restrain our own behaviour and try not be such dickheads when we're abroad. I say this as an England fan, fwiw.

Maybe the Russians could be selective?

Mocking young homeless kids - Punch them, they deserve it
Old boy going to watch the game - Don't hit him in the back of the head 5 on 1

duffer

Maybe the Russians could be selective?

Mocking young homeless kids - Punch them, they deserve it
Old boy going to watch the game - Don't hit him in the back of the head 5 on 1

To be honest mate, I'd say nobody should be punching anyone and we shouldn't kid ourselves that some of our lot are beyond kicking the crap out of people when they're down, tooling up, or taking advantage of age, size, or numerical differences. There's no honour in hooliganism - never has been.

Sky Blue Harry H

Any Russians arrested will ask (or the local Russian ambassador will demand that they are) to serve their sentence back in Russia, then be released due to miscarriage of justice (set up by English hooligans/miigrant jihadists) and treated as national heros (I know that's me being bigoted and prejudiced, but I suspect it won't be far off the mark)

tisza

doesn't seem to stop - 6 Russians ultras (on their way home) arrested in Cologne for attacking a Spanish tourist.

on a separate note I had no idea these MMA gloves they used were weighted with lead - just thought they were padded.

CCFC Germany

There was a pretty good article about the whole Russia - England story in a German newspaper. I've got to admit, I am a little bit too lazy to translate it all, as it is quite long... But it reflects what we already discussed quite a lot here...

Sky Blue Harry H

The thing that has surprised me is the black t shirted Hungarian Brigade who led the march through Marseille. If ever anything smacked of right wing politics aligned to football, this looked like it. Always right at the front of the stadium (can you imagine how many legitimate seat holders have been 'moved' by that mob, so they can get to their territorial position? I also suspect by the general appearance of those wearing the shirts, that you have to go through some initiation rights, as I can't imagine them 'allowing' an 8 stone weakling into their 'club'!

tisza

The thing that has surprised me is the black t shirted Hungarian Brigade who led the march through Marseille. If ever anything smacked of right wing politics aligned to football, this looked like it. Always right at the front of the stadium (can you imagine how many legitimate seat holders have been 'moved' by that mob, so they can get to their territorial position? I also suspect by the general appearance of those wearing the shirts, that you have to go through some initiation rights, as I can't imagine them 'allowing' an 8 stone weakling into their 'club'!
I know quite of a few of these boys. Most of them are more old-fashioned Ultras - over-passionate fans. Generally nationalistic but Hungarians as a whole are.
They will get involved if someone has a pop but apart from games against Romania they don't tend to go looking for it and are certainly nothing like the Russian lot.
On the domestic club front it's different there is a lot of these organized fights 20 v 20, 30 v30 - normally well away from the match and a load of this MMA & body building nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread