Europa League Final Rangers v Frankfurt (1 Viewer)

Grendel

You think chanting about hating people of a certain religion is OK?
Strange.

Mmmm my spreadsheet oddly can’t find any criticism from David or anyone else regarding the charming ditties sung at Celtic park over the years

clint van damme

Mmmm my spreadsheet oddly can’t find any criticism from David or anyone else regarding the charming ditties sung at Celtic park over the years

Thats absolutely desperate from you. A chant aimed at 1.2 billion of the world's population and you mumble something about o'day.

Grendel

Thats absolutely desperate from you. A chant aimed at 1.2 billion of the world's population and you mumble something about o'day.

i don’t mumble anything - he once again has introduced a sectarian argument to promote an agenda which will detract from the football discussion - I don’t think some football fans are chanting against 1.2 billion people

clint van damme

i don’t mumble anything - he once again has introduced a sectarian argument to promote an agenda which will detract from the football discussion - I don’t think some football fans are chanting against 1.2 billion people

But thats what they're doing whether you think so or not.
I don't think these chants, or others from rangers and celtic should be sung at football and I certainly wouldn't be excusing sectarianism or racism because I had a beef with one poster.

Grendel

But thats what they're doing whether you think so or not.
I don't think these chants, or others from rangers and celtic should be sung at football and I certainly wouldn't be excusing sectarianism or racism because I had a beef with one poster.

Who introduced the clip?

Grendel

I understand that, but I'm not sure how why that makes it ok to excuse its content.

Do you think he introduced it as he’s genuinely shocked offended and needs counselling as 1.2 billion catholics have been victimised or because he wants to promote his republican agenda?

clint van damme

Do you think he introduced it as he’s genuinely shocked offended and needs counselling as 1.2 billion catholics have been victimised or because he wants to promote his republican agenda?

Eh? Are you serious? It's aimed at1.2 billion catholics worldwide, if he's trying to introduce a republican agenda then he's so far wide of the mark it's unreal.
Your beef is affecting the pair of you, I don't know why you don't just block each other and stick to it.

Sick Boy

All it does it just make them look like a bunch of bellends. Half their team are probably Catholics and they’re singing it in a Catholic country. It’s hardly a great advert of Scotland and Britain.

Grendel

Eh? Are you serious? It's aimed at1.2 billion catholics worldwide, if he's trying to introduce a republican agenda then he's so far wide of the mark it's unreal.
Your beef is affecting the pair of you, I don't know why you don't just block each other and stick to it.

Rangers fans are singing it against Celtic fans. Do you honestly honestly believe Chelsea fans were raving fully committed Nazis opposed to the whole of the Jewish population when they sang the singing the blues song?

clint van damme

Rangers fans are singing it against Celtic fans. Do you honestly honestly believe Chelsea fans were raving fully committed Nazis opposed to the whole of the Jewish population when they sang the singing the blues song?

Fucking hell!

Grendel

This forum gets more bizarre by the day

True but to suggest this was bought up by IRA other than to promote a republican agenda is ridiculous and I suppose he’a achieved what he wanted

I mean the average football fan will sing any old shite especially something that offends the Auld enemy

clint van damme

Do you think the word Hun is a derogatory term?

What has that got to do with the chant being discussed here?
The equivalent would be singing songs against protestants and I wouldn't think that was OK.

Going by your logic you would think its OK but I wouldn't agree.

And I think the campaign you linked failed.

Sick Boy

True but to suggest this was bought up by IRA other than to promote a republican agenda is ridiculous and I suppose he’a achieved what he wanted

I mean the average football fan will sing any old shite especially something that offends the Auld enemy
Not sure the average fan would sing about hating certain religious groups, personally.

clint van damme

I'm not sure posting against a sectarian slur equates to calling for a united Ireland.

Grendel

What has that got to do with the chant being discussed here?
The equivalent would be singing songs against protestants and I wouldn't think that was OK.

Going by your logic you would think its OK but I wouldn't agree.

And I think the campaign you linked failed.

I was only asking your opinion if the term is acceptable?

Grendel

Not sure the average fan would sing about hating certain religious groups, personally.

The average Celtic and rangers fans would

The average Chelsea fan did.

clint van damme

The average Celtic and rangers fans would

The average Chelsea fan did.

And your excusing one example which is fair enough if you think it's OK. I don't.
There was a big mob of Chelsea outside the Brew and Baker once singing anti Jewish songs and they were quite appalling to be honest.

Grendel

Not really, no.
But if it was proven to be sectarian then I would say it shouldn't be used.

So it’s an offence under the race relations act to use the word ADM used?

clint van damme

I know you consider it offensive but it’s no more illegal or offensive than using Hun to a Protestant from their perspective is it.

Well hun is aimed at people associated with a football club, regardless of their background and taig is aimed at a certain group based on their nationality and religion so I think there's a difference.

Grendel

Well hun is aimed at people associated with a football club, regardless of their background and taig is aimed at a certain group based on their nationality and religion so I think there's a difference.

That’s interesting because wasn’t someone convicted of a religious breach of peace by wearing a t shirt with Hun on it as it was considered anti Protestant of Scotland and liable to incite violence?

clint van damme

That’s interesting because wasn’t someone convicted of a religious breach of peace by wearing a t shirt with Hun on it as it was considered anti Protestant of Scotland and liable to incite violence?

I don't agree with targeting anyone based on their religion simple as that. Though I'm fairly sure othe clubs call rangers supporters huns including hearts which is also a strongly protestant club.

Users who are viewing this thread