Eviction notice (5 Viewers)

OyJimmy

If King or SISU want to hard ball then they need to come up with an alternative venue for the club to play in. Silence speaks volumes

slowpoke

Doug king is taking over fuck all.
Discussing the intricacies of his deal with sisu is like discussing which is the best wardrobe to go through to get to Narnia. It's a fucking fantasy.
Don’t disagree but until we know differently officially I’m assuming he is. So another angle what if he doesn’t. and don’t just say Ashley, there’s Hoffman’s consortium, Dawkins and his Americans, the eccentric Storey and I have heard another stalking horse, Cov fan too, kicking his heels at the moment, I am wondering if King is his jockey.

rexo87

View attachment 27642

(I’m still not sure why King isn’t an option, is it just incredulity or has something happened I’ve missed?)
It's just not happening is it? I could sort of understand a billionaire coming in and splashing millions on transfers without the ground to get us promoted, however

1. The soundbites from King when it was first announced was that it was more of a project which included the ground.
2.He doesn't have a huge amount of money relatively speaking in this footballing world.
3. He is not going to own the ground and now it's up in the air as to whether we will actually be able to play at the stadium. He even said on the steps of the courtroom to Gilbert that the lease was secure - it's now clear it wasn't.
4. The links to Sisu from the very start create obvious doubt even before you take into account the timing of the 'takeover' and then everything that has happened since.
5. He now seems to have gone very silent indeed. Neither Sisu or DK would tell Gilbert a few days ago that the takeover had been signed.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

CDK

This happens after king comes out with a takeover plan sisu give up accept 2 offers standing back this all looks planned to suit Ashley with the lease withdrawal notice.
This should be a warning to all clubs about any club in our situation as in the end you will always be at the mercy of sharks,players,scum bags.
The EFL and the FA should make part of club constitutional law that every club must own there ground and spiritual home or get thrown out of the pyramid .

Senior Vick from Alicante

The only thing we need at this moment in time is new ownership, forget all the bollocks with the council who have had to put the public purse first in any decision involving the club. They are twats but they have business principles that are in law and have to be followed however much we hate them. The one thing that has been a constant is our owners, they have made poor business decisions time after time, the only decent one being Robins. The club will thrive without them with a modicum of investment, all they have left of any value is the team. If they want to sell the club and get maximum money for it the playing staff have to be intact, if they asset strip in January they get the transfer money and nothing else. The club is worth more as it is. Putting a patsy buyer up in the form of King to drive the price up is only angering any potential buyer. FG have followed standard business practice when the offer has not be signed and that's so they have certainty for their business going forward when making financial forecasts. Any competent lawyer would have told SISU the licence would expire with the death of ACL, they have willfully chosen to ignore this. The bury our head in the sand and batter you in the courts attitude is coming home to roost. We will not be evicted but this is the end game for SISU its now just about how vindictive they want to be towards the club and the manager that has taken to the peak sale price.

Northants Sky Blue

Gary Hoffman 'confident' of CBS Arena resolution with Coventry City

“I would only get involved if there was a spirit of partnership and attitude, both short and long term, to work together and for Coventry to play there.

“I would never take a role at the stadium if there was not an objective of having a long term partnership with Coventry City FC."

“I want to follow the City home and away every week with my family.”

Nick

Administrator
The only thing we need at this moment in time is new ownership, forget all the bollocks with the council who have had to put the public purse first in any decision involving the club. They are twats but they have business principles that are in law and have to be followed however much we hate them. The one thing that has been a constant is our owners, they have made poor business decisions time after time, the only decent one being Robins. The club will thrive without them with a modicum of investment, all they have left of any value is the team. If they want to sell the club and get maximum money for it the playing staff have to be intact, if they asset strip in January they get the transfer money and nothing else. The club is worth more as it is. Putting a patsy buyer up in the form of King to drive the price up is only angering any potential buyer. FG have followed standard business practice when the offer has not be signed and that's so they have certainty for their business going forward when making financial forecasts. Any competent lawyer would have told SISU the licence would expire with the death of ACL, they have willfully chosen to ignore this. The bury our head in the sand and batter you in the courts attitude is coming home to roost. We will not be evicted but this is the end game for SISU its now just about how vindictive they want to be towards the club and the manager that has taken to the peak sale price.

And Ryton.

Why is it that people seem to think Ashley is "angered"? Is it so it excuses him from being a c**t too?

stupot07

Sisu are a truly awful owners, but I dont understand why everyone is so quick to believe FG statement as gospel. They are all spinning it and telling the audience what they want them to hear. The FG and Ashley will want to squeeze every penny they can out of the club so will play hardball whatever what has and hasn't happened. Its easy to just blame sisu as we already have them, but we need to keep an open mind. We continually get shafted by everyone.

I dont trust either of them. They can all fuck off.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
In the Know Simon Jordan strikes again

"They should have known that when they bought the football club, the licence they were under would fail in the event of ACL going into administration and so it has happened."

The bottom line is that they have a licence that expires at the end of May next year under the current terms that they have got.

slowpoke

Why ? That’s how a lot of these successful business people operate. Storey does look a strange one and gobbing off about millions for transfer targets etc did him no favours but he’s definitely not a loan wolf, do I want him probably not, do I want sisu to remain definitely not.

chiefdave

he said we had and signed a licence with wasps for ten years that now becomes null and void upon Ashley’s takeover of the ground. If sisu didn’t know that then that’s their own stupid fault. They were good terms for us and Ashley wants market value for rent and a new rent agreement. That’s all just not the peanuts we were paying wasps.

we have until May 2023 season end to agree a new deal else we are homeless again. in the mean time we stay on current terms and home games are not in doubt. So that’s a relief for now.

as for Ashley buying the club he said wait and see. Who knows but certainly a possibility. He also said this is what puts do many buyers off ccfc is there is too many moving parts and too many people involved. Sisu ccc and now Ashley and obviously was wasps and makes the whole thing hard work.

He was also very critical of sisu and said look they owned the club now for 15 years and have messed up at every turn. How we were bottom of the chain when Ricoh came up for grabs is ludicrous to him.

really enjoyed his insight tbh and agree with it all
not sure that gives us much insight, it sounds more like he's read the press releases from the club and Frasers and just filled in the gaps with a similar best guess to most on here

personally I see no reason the existing deal can't continue in both terms and length, something the clubs statement said they'd be happy with

this is exactly what people were worried about with Ashley / Frasers, he would come in and put the rent up. Of course that was scaremongering and there was no way he would do that, or at least that's what was being said at the time when everyone was getting excited about him potentially taking the club over

now he is doing that its changed to the club should just accept whatever terms are offered yet we all know the owners aren't putting more money in so if the rent goes up the, already small, playing budget goes down, why would anyone be in favour of that

where does this end? what happens if we sign to the end of the season and they demand £1m a year, or £5m a year or any figure plucked out of thin air. Market rate is a great thing to throw out but what really is market rate, there seems to be numerous clubs that have very good deals on their grounds, why are we always the ones that lose out

shmmeee

not sure that gives us much insight, it sounds more like he's read the press releases from the club and Frasers and just filled in the gaps with a similar best guess to most on here

personally I see no reason the existing deal can't continue in both terms and length, something the clubs statement said they'd be happy with

this is exactly what people were worried about with Ashley / Frasers, he would come in and put the rent up. Of course that was scaremongering and there was no way he would do that, or at least that's what was being said at the time when everyone was getting excited about him potentially taking the club over

now he is doing that its changed to the club should just accept whatever terms are offered yet we all know the owners aren't putting more money in so if the rent goes up the, already small, playing budget goes down, why would anyone be in favour of that

where does this end? what happens if we sign to the end of the season and they demand £1m a year, or £5m a year or any figure plucked out of thin air. Market rate is a great thing to throw out but what really is market rate, there seems to be numerous clubs that have very good deals on their grounds, why are we always the ones that lose out

Has he put the rent up? I’ve not seen that claimed.

chiefdave

Gary Hoffman 'confident' of CBS Arena resolution with Coventry City

“I would only get involved if there was a spirit of partnership and attitude, both short and long term, to work together and for Coventry to play there.

“I would never take a role at the stadium if there was not an objective of having a long term partnership with Coventry City FC."

“I want to follow the City home and away every week with my family.”
must be back from his holiday :ROFLMAO:

clint van damme

Don’t disagree but until we know differently officially I’m assuming he is. So another angle what if he doesn’t. and don’t just say Ashley, there’s Hoffman’s consortium, Dawkins and his Americans, the eccentric Storey and I have heard another stalking horse, Cov fan too, kicking his heels at the moment, I am wondering if King is his jockey.

I haven't heard about hoffmans consortium. Thought he was part of Ashley's crew.
The other I'm not taking seriously.

chiefdave

Has he put the rent up? I’ve not seen that claimed.
he said we had and signed a licence with wasps for ten years that now becomes null and void upon Ashley’s takeover of the ground. If sisu didn’t know that then that’s their own stupid fault. They were good terms for us and Ashley wants market value for rent and a new rent agreement. That’s all just not the peanuts we were paying wasps.
I take Ashley wanting market rent and not the peanuts we were paying Wasps as meaning it is going up

better days

It's actually not unique to us CD

Tomh111

Why ? That’s how a lot of these successful business people operate. Storey does look a strange one and gobbing off about millions for transfer targets etc did him no favours but he’s definitely not a loan wolf, do I want him probably not, do I want sisu to remain definitely not.
He isn't a successful businessman, he's a spiv.

Classic modern day egotist, with a shit beard.

chiefdave

they seem in a very similar situation to when Wasps decided to take the piss with the price of things like safety offices, hospitality etc. just another example that separating clubs and stadiums is asking for trouble

SIR ERNIE

Difficult to know exactly what's going on but based on what I've seen, I find it difficult to envisage a situation now where Ashley will not ultimately own the football club.

One of the most important questions is when.

I think the answer is probably in the next 3 weeks. It’ll be dictated by the January window. He will want to secure the club with its best players still on the payroll and a chance of making the playoffs this season. With that comes potentially huge financial reward.

I don't accept but Ashley necessarily holds all the cards because Sepalla holds the threat of cashing in by selling the best players next month and effectively trashing the club. There's a pressure on Ashley therefore to act quickly and to some extent Sepalla can almost name her price as long as she doesn’t push it too far.

A lot of the bad feeling towards Ashley during his time at Newcastle was due to the fact that he never invested to the level that their fans believed the club deserved. They’ve always had a vastly inflated opinion of themselves and would never settle for being a bottom half PL side.

I think most of us would be very happy to just be a Norwich.

skybluetony176

Sisu are a truly awful owners, but I dont understand why everyone is so quick to believe FG statement as gospel. They are all spinning it and telling the audience what they want them to hear. The FG and Ashley will want to squeeze every penny they can out of the club so will play hardball whatever what has and hasn't happened. Its easy to just blame sisu as we already have them, but we need to keep an open mind. We continually get shafted by everyone.

I dont trust either of them. They can all fuck off.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I think it’s more a case of being less likely to believe a statement made by our owners than taking a statement from FG as gospel. We’ve been here so many times with our owners it’s far more easy to be cynical about their statements above all else.

covmutley

So to confirm, it's a good thing if he distresses the club?
I don't know, nobody does. That's why my post starts 'unfortunately', because this is messy at best, and a potential disaster at worst.

I just don't see why people can't see the reality that the football and business are 2 separate issues. Again, I wish they weren't

Sbarcher

The Oxford lease runs until 2026 then they need to find a new home. They are currently scoping a site just outside of Kidlington for an 18,000 stadium. Lots of local opposition as you might expect. Kassam wants to re-develop the current site and get rid of the 3 sides.

fernandopartridge

My assumption is that SISU's license to play at the stadium was as convenient for them as it is for the landlord, they no doubt wanted the easy ability to threaten to move elsewhere at short notice in the same way the landlord retains the right to kick the club out at similar notice. It's come back to bite.

Great_Expectations

Whether the eviction notice is ‘standard practice’ or not, and whether it’s part of the chess game going on or not (it is), it’s still a shit thing to do from a fans perspective and shows either a lack of understanding or a lack of care.

It’s caused backlash and arguments amongst fans, it’ll cause uncertainty amongst staff/players and makes it absolutely clear to the piranhas circling our players how vulnerable we are.

Users who are viewing this thread