Eviction notice (2 Viewers)

The Philosopher

If only someone else had thought this in 2014 and attempted to bring in another club to share the burden. They would surely be hailed as doing the best for the club and not at all fucking them over?

The idea had merit. Had that been communicated properly and / or CCFC been given chance to own the other half of ACL and pitch pressure reduced by having youth / reserve / JPT cup whatever elsewhere then animosity might have been less.

Unfortunate that SISU / Wasps / CCC didn’t have a drink of sensible juice and sit down and put a plan together.

Split costs and share increased advertising revenue for example.

All are to blame, but CCC didn’t cover themselves in glory I’m afraid. Their Comms were terrible and the ego of certain (what should be) public servants went against Coventry public interests

Skyblueweeman

Why does any business run an exhibition centre? Last I checked the NEC don’t need a Premier League team to make money.

To make money?

Run a venue and make £100m in, erm, 15 years (being generous).

Run a Championship club and make £100m in less than 12 months.

No brainer really, innit?

Anyway, I think we both agree that MA isn't going to kick the club out to further his business interests. It surely helps his business finances to take us on and help us up a level.

Last edited:

alexccfc99

Adding Sports Direct to a stadium name and 'only investing' net £100m over his time to anger the Geordies is a bit different to getting a club to leave a stadium so he can use it for his business interests.

It won't happen anyway.
He was a dreadful custodian of Newcastle United, I think they know the inner runnings of their football club better than anyone else

If a fan of another club lectured everyone on SISU not being so bad because of a few trips to Wembley and a league title we’d tell them to go swivel

chinamans view

No. And I don’t see why we need a new licence either, except for the fact that because it’s a licence they can cancel it whenever.

What matters is the legal entity, not who the majority shareholder of that entity is.
The present directors must sign any agreements in law, not old directors of companies ,thats why the old agreement is null and void, otherwise old directors would be responsible for ever

shmmeee

The present directors must sign any agreements in law, not old directors of companies ,thats why the old agreement is null and void, otherwise old directors would be responsible for ever

Are you saying that when King takes over he’ll have to re-sign every single contract CCFC have entered into?

Skyblueweeman

He was a dreadful custodian of Newcastle United, I think they know the inner runnings of their football club better than anyone else

If a fan of another club lectured everyone on SISU not being so bad because of a few trips to Wembley and a league title we’d tell them to go swivel

I've not tried to say I know their goings on better than them.

My point is, effectively kicking a club out to further his business interests (which won't happen anyway) is worse than anything that happened at Newcastle.

They got to stay in their ground. He spent millions on players. Regardless of all the shit stuff that they went through, it's not even comparable to a club having to move out of a ground that was built for them.

Sky Blue Pete

To make money?

Run a venue and make £100m in, erm, 15 years (being generous).

Run a Championship club and make £100m in less than 12 months.

No brainer really, innit?

Anyway, I think we both agree that MA isn't going to kick the club out to further his business interests. It surely helps his business finances to take us on and help us up a level.
Seriously no interest expressed at all

oldfiver

I do not understand this

Directors sign as officers of the Company - and any agreement is with the Company not the Owners or Directors
So any changes to either of those does nothing to invalidate an agreement with the Company

rexo87

Anyone a bit concerned we haven't had an announcement on the ground for rest of the season yet? Was supposedly a foregone conclusion at the start of the week so expected something concrete by now

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

better days

I do not understand this

Directors sign as officers of the Company - and any agreement is with the Company not the Owners or Directors
So any changes to either of those does nothing to invalidate an agreement with the Company
The old license was with a company that is no longer trading (Wasps/ACL - we don't know which)
So it falls away
Licenses aren't transferable

Sky Blue Pete

Anyone a bit concerned we haven't had an announcement on the ground for rest of the season yet? Was supposedly a foregone conclusion at the start of the week so expected something concrete by now

I think it’s only conspiracy theorists on here causing confusion
Pretty certain no one will be evicted even following through on the notice before may 23

skybluetony176

Then the consultation group may have indicated a possible refusal. Whatever - it is going to be some years away I suspect
My mate who went to the Ansty get together, has had conversations with his councillors both local and parish believes that it’s a done deal. He points to the work already carried out to the local road network, he also believes MA wouldn’t have been interested in ACL otherwise citing a pattern of investing in other projects outside of his usual business model in areas where he’s making investments in his usual business model. Nothing approved until it’s approved officially but it’s certainly not been turned down and it’s certainly being seriously considered.

shmmeee

My mate who went to the Ansty get together, has had conversations with his councillors both local and parish believes that it’s a done deal. He points to the work already carried out to the local road network, he also believes MA wouldn’t have been interested in ACL otherwise citing a pattern of investing in other projects outside of his usual business model in areas where he’s making investments in his usual business model. Nothing approved until it’s approved officially but it’s certainly not been turned down and it’s certainly being seriously considered.

I can’t see how it could be from my limited knowledge TBF. Would seem a slam dunk appeal.

MalcSB

What’s that got to do with whether the exhibition centre can make money?
The NEC is on an entirely different scale, handily located near international airport and railway station. If it had an arena it would be looking to use it, as it hasn’t it can’t. As an exhibition centre, isn’t the CBSA a bit tin pot?

oldfiver

The old license was with a company that is no longer trading (Wasps/ACL - we don't know which)
So it falls away
Licenses aren't transferable
I was answering the general point made in the post
"The present directors must sign any agreements in law, not old directors of companies ,thats why the old agreement is null and void, otherwise old directors would be responsible for ever"

Not the point you are making

slowpoke

There will be no eviction at all, was never going to be, deal to continue to play at CBS will continue for years, the word eviction was leaked out and could have come from anywhere, sisu end, Fraser end, Storey even CCC. We’ll probably never know.

shmmeee

The NEC is on an entirely different scale, handily located near international airport and railway station. If it had an arena it would be looking to use it, as it hasn’t it can’t. As an exhibition centre, isn’t the CBSA a bit tin pot?

OK pick any other exhibition centre. My point was it’s unlikely owning the club is essential to the entire operation. Now it’s debt free and with capital to develop it, I can see how there’s a business there. But as people keep telling me Ashley is a smart business man and his ways are unknowable to us mere mortals. Just pointing out several people were interested who weren’t trying to buy the club. The only reason we think Ashley is is because he owned Newcastle.

MalcSB

OK pick any other exhibition centre. My point was it’s unlikely owning the club is essential to the entire operation. Now it’s debt free and with capital to develop it, I can see how there’s a business there. But as people keep telling me Ashley is a smart business man and his ways are unknowable to us mere mortals. Just pointing out several people were interested who weren’t trying to buy the club. The only reason we think Ashley is is because he owned Newcastle.
Certainly agree with last sentence.

rexo87

If everyone's so confident there's no eviction, why hadn't it been confirmed yet

bigmacdaddy01

Odd how Arena coventry limited is now ACL Astute 2022 same with ACL2006

Both now have changes of address to the administrator.

Anyone who deals with these things. is this standard ?

Does this mean that Frsner group owns the property and no ACL as a company
I think this is the key to why a new license is required.

Ashley/Frasers have acquired an asset of ACL (the long lease), not ACL itself (with all the debt attached to it).

Hence the club's 10-year license with ACL is null and void and the need for a new agreement with Frasers.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I think this is the key to why a new license is required.

Ashley/Frasers have acquired an asset of ACL (the long lease), not ACL itself (with all the debt attached to it).

Hence the club's 10-year license with ACL is null and void and the need for a new agreement with Frasers.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

No, they took on ACL.

If they have moved the lease, where is it now?

shmmeee

I think that’s right that they’ve only bought the lease. The administrators report mentions staff TUPEing across to “SDI (Retail co 10)” which seems to be an Ashley company. The administrators report is interesting reading though, page 26 goes into the sale process, seems Ashley was the only bidder basically.

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/document-api-images-live.ch.gov.uk/docs/RuRDTjwFHa4rByeG4Cd5c8AHapP-0F-7BtkAzWcYiQw/application-pdf?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=ASIAWRGBDBV3MG2B3ZEO%2F20221208%2Feu-west-2%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20221208T133502Z&X-Amz-Expires=60&X-Amz-Security-Token=IQoJb3JpZ2luX2VjEBgaCWV1LXdlc3QtMiJHMEUCIQCLSUm5t4Bk2d1ZdkF8XRwayOrquO5dau82H7u8LGRSgQIgDDJ9PsKDcrCMKHfeoDgyZwK6IfGK0TTixbbbAvWGsQEqzQQIQRAEGgw0NDkyMjkwMzI4MjIiDBQgz3QoqDgkXxx0XiqqBFXZ9abqaYDP1u6CK41rKNmXS%2FIWzJk9sTxOZUQeOmuPCO7STtr%2FdliG0VfpH1TeD1vJGECdKrCPbW%2Fu7ckqgANwcwXERdNChRQmjOizhp8zYSwkjAhvzDehnGcsEsANUy%2BzXDHqsoBfuh3P3747th%2B9cypB0nwhTrTdzcadwrvmCPkNeyHkGsoChdqOJKdbQJp4k2EZyE5AvSBW4wgO15DtIMe6aOB1KA3ElwXYVnIqNo98tLFigA4EBUj3xqaC1eEeyE47uGG9Jw2BVAkoXPNuL2Y0kkNZuETyotqFXflnFCVDH00CPmzX7OkraZhhVhuWIQgMCss%2B%2FRcOaDZ4JVdVupjkbkUGdqz8J%2BffBhZs794BzNSMz5LPwOrhzDVYRqlf%2Bw%2BVZIazo8whRdqukPDwbiACBFpSlIQEMdtQMu6qkNNXtTYLTwfJjDBe7lRLrneJU2Ci%2FAYp27CxBTx4oZrCKy4gZAPy6CrBAc%2FaZSii3%2F9i3IbZToDneFT40iz28lt%2BUdXSf7ql12noToNlebzhadDLgnUK%2Fr1x%2BYM9vRMK3grspMs2YJ0gtkOybQDPFhM3pfVFrTH3oep3hhiFx7VOv6A1YX904HAHvmy0hIJPXH0DnVdlCwZpJRXWOF4C5zAw5G5ht1mV8mkakzRV%2F7xbFHyz2RFL80VhBbAMUQhzNCBUSXVGQ2BT%2FFPpmfftbNoHNOZrBAjz3SM9MWHF7ATrC%2FLnqFCgMakXMLurxpwGOqkBOhILBTBuQ%2Bdgz5qkB9QDwaM%2BLaZ%2BmKH8rLC7Kie7z%2FEREEOAtYrDe4HwsxjMaZOJ0wl8m85rdtAkJMe%2FgYD0KqL%2B5BgKFmj62J%2BHkrf19fBMB3QLZs%2FEcc5%2F9CsXW6pXcYlRZ%2Fq9a%2FRY6UyOLfzlRMckQHa8%2BblcpT8tLxUuDqtexU9O51d2o4vc9oVtNgt%2FQGcRxqh%2BsVLp6nKUlv3qHgUqC41BHSOLqQ%3D%3D&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&response-content-disposition=inline%3Bfilename%3D%22companies_house_document.pdf%22&X-Amz-Signature=b819a30fc47f98b50493cacb4a64b4dacb84cc5999575a1622cd68144d7f768f

shmmeee

I think that’s right that they’ve only bought the lease. The administrators report mentions staff TUPEing across to “SDI (Retail co 10)” which seems to be an Ashley company. The administrators report is interesting reading though, page 26 goes into the sale process, seems Ashley was the only bidder basically.

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/document-api-images-live.ch.gov.uk/docs/RuRDTjwFHa4rByeG4Cd5c8AHapP-0F-7BtkAzWcYiQw/application-pdf?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=ASIAWRGBDBV3MG2B3ZEO%2F20221208%2Feu-west-2%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20221208T133502Z&X-Amz-Expires=60&X-Amz-Security-Token=IQoJb3JpZ2luX2VjEBgaCWV1LXdlc3QtMiJHMEUCIQCLSUm5t4Bk2d1ZdkF8XRwayOrquO5dau82H7u8LGRSgQIgDDJ9PsKDcrCMKHfeoDgyZwK6IfGK0TTixbbbAvWGsQEqzQQIQRAEGgw0NDkyMjkwMzI4MjIiDBQgz3QoqDgkXxx0XiqqBFXZ9abqaYDP1u6CK41rKNmXS%2FIWzJk9sTxOZUQeOmuPCO7STtr%2FdliG0VfpH1TeD1vJGECdKrCPbW%2Fu7ckqgANwcwXERdNChRQmjOizhp8zYSwkjAhvzDehnGcsEsANUy%2BzXDHqsoBfuh3P3747th%2B9cypB0nwhTrTdzcadwrvmCPkNeyHkGsoChdqOJKdbQJp4k2EZyE5AvSBW4wgO15DtIMe6aOB1KA3ElwXYVnIqNo98tLFigA4EBUj3xqaC1eEeyE47uGG9Jw2BVAkoXPNuL2Y0kkNZuETyotqFXflnFCVDH00CPmzX7OkraZhhVhuWIQgMCss%2B%2FRcOaDZ4JVdVupjkbkUGdqz8J%2BffBhZs794BzNSMz5LPwOrhzDVYRqlf%2Bw%2BVZIazo8whRdqukPDwbiACBFpSlIQEMdtQMu6qkNNXtTYLTwfJjDBe7lRLrneJU2Ci%2FAYp27CxBTx4oZrCKy4gZAPy6CrBAc%2FaZSii3%2F9i3IbZToDneFT40iz28lt%2BUdXSf7ql12noToNlebzhadDLgnUK%2Fr1x%2BYM9vRMK3grspMs2YJ0gtkOybQDPFhM3pfVFrTH3oep3hhiFx7VOv6A1YX904HAHvmy0hIJPXH0DnVdlCwZpJRXWOF4C5zAw5G5ht1mV8mkakzRV%2F7xbFHyz2RFL80VhBbAMUQhzNCBUSXVGQ2BT%2FFPpmfftbNoHNOZrBAjz3SM9MWHF7ATrC%2FLnqFCgMakXMLurxpwGOqkBOhILBTBuQ%2Bdgz5qkB9QDwaM%2BLaZ%2BmKH8rLC7Kie7z%2FEREEOAtYrDe4HwsxjMaZOJ0wl8m85rdtAkJMe%2FgYD0KqL%2B5BgKFmj62J%2BHkrf19fBMB3QLZs%2FEcc5%2F9CsXW6pXcYlRZ%2Fq9a%2FRY6UyOLfzlRMckQHa8%2BblcpT8tLxUuDqtexU9O51d2o4vc9oVtNgt%2FQGcRxqh%2BsVLp6nKUlv3qHgUqC41BHSOLqQ%3D%3D&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&response-content-disposition=inline%3Bfilename%3D%22companies_house_document.pdf%22&X-Amz-Signature=b819a30fc47f98b50493cacb4a64b4dacb84cc5999575a1622cd68144d7f768f

Page 34 seems to lay out all bids received. Just reading it now. Also mentions Dawkins and Kings bids as a note.

CCFCSteve

the links as long as the document 😊

Users who are viewing this thread