Fábio Tavares (1 Viewer)

larry_david

Couple of great balls , but petrified to try and take a man on
I genuinly think he's been told to play sensible. When he first came in 2 years ago he was constantly running at men and taking it straight out of play or essentially running into them. I have no doubts he's actualyl very confident on the ball, but i think he's been told to keep the ball moving.

Look at yesterday where he cut onto his left and it was deflected just over the bar. He is confident and as others have said, he deserves more minutes.

Londonccfcfan

Couple of great balls , but petrified to try and take a man on
Our £8M man on other side was shot to pieces. Blew on him he fell apart. Was like bambi on ice.

Tavares had the energy and willing and determination that Haji Wright lacked.

He had an absolute stinker. He slipped when taking penalty and kept on falling over. But Tavares was only option. Did very well the young lad.

Londonccfcfan

Our £8M man on other side was shot to pieces. Blew on him he fell apart. Was like bambi on ice.

He had an absolute stinker. He slipped when taking penalty and kept on falling over. But Tavares was only option. Did very well the young lad.
Well not so young anymore. Wrong perception.

Evo1883

He gets the marks for the 2 great crosses , did little else .

Wright's performance was shite

Tavares next season needs to be on loan in league 1 , we need better squad options , last night highlighted our squad is really not deep enough , again

larry_david

Had he not started the season injured I think he would of been loaned . Perhaps that's the plan for the next campaign
At this point with Tav i'm willing to overlook age. A bit like McFadz who started the pro game late and said that was why he was reaching his peak at 33-34

Obv for a nippy striker, pace is the main asset which will go when he reaches late 20's.

Point i'm making, a year out with Achilles injury, came from Rochdale reserves when he wasn't exactly young, it's only the last month he's actually taking his first steps properly in the first team

Conclusion = one year left on his deal, i'd absolutely loan out to play striker in a league 1 team for half of next season and see how he comes back. If he's banging them in, great, if he's not, 6 months and he'll go to another level.

stevefloyd

You have to factor in that he isn’t a winger. Despite his pace he’s essentially a poacher. He never gets played there, which is correct given where he is in the pecking order, but also means it’s difficult to judge him. He’s picked up goals when he has played there albeit against poor opposition. Retain Simms and Wright. Replace Godden. Introduce Mason-Clark and in that scenario I think Tavares is ok as part of the squad.
I still haven't seen any form of pace from him yet..

Cally Fedora

Yeah. But our 8m man on the other side already has lots of goals and assists.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

His biggest problem here is that he needs to be played as a striker (ok, he did pretty well out wide last night) but he's not big enough or strong enough to be a lone striker.

Given his age, I don't see the point in sending him out on loan next season. He has to stay here and try and break into our team or we should sell him. His close season fitness plan needs to be protein shakes and weights.

Last edited:

Hobo

I think he needs to look at Jodi Jones as an example. Go and find a League One or League Two club and get regular first team football. Staying at Coventry isn't going to progress his career quickly enough. Even if he went out on loan he would just come back to being a squad player at best.

Reactions: AOM

TomRad85

Get him in the team until the summer. Get Lati on the bench ffs.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

fatso

I’ve been critical of him for a long time and I’m still unsure if he’s good enough for us long term, but he did himself proud today and was exactly what we needed when he came on.
Exactly.

He's gone from "never going to make it"
To. "long term injured, forgotten man"
To. "Just a bench warmer" to "viable option from the bench"

TBF he's done quite well so far since getting over the horrendous injury. I'd like to see what he can do with a full pre-season under his belt. No idea if that's going to be here or somewhere else, but he's done his future prospects no harm with his cameo today.
(Just hope he's not badly injured again)

Hertsccfc

Can we finally put the derision about this player from some quarters to bed.

Three goals in two starts this season and more than once recently has come off the bench and looked our best player. Today he was outstanding. Not just his pace and skill but deft touch and passing and intelligent play, including covering for Van Ewijk. Was a pity he had to go off.

All of this after over a year off with a really serious injury.

Some decided to write him off before he had played, but today he showed beyond doubt he has plenty of ability.

larry_david

Three goals in two starts this season and more than once recently has come off the bench and looked our best player. Today he was outstanding. Not just his pace and skill but deft touch and passing and intelligent play, including covering for Van Ewijk. Was a pity he had to go off.

Some decided to write him off before he had played, but today he showed beyond doubt he has plenty of ability.
Got injured skinning two of their players too and being hacked down

Martin180

Didn't some do the same with O'Hare after his injury ?
Keep Fabio for the next couple of seasons for me

Users who are viewing this thread