F1 2022 (1 Viewer)

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Bring on the new year , it looks like ferrari are making massive gains , and many teams could be vying for the title ; one thing is for sure - It’ll be hard to beat last season.

bezzer

Ferrari making massive gains? Comedy Gold!

Give it 2 races and Ferrari will say they're concentrating on the 2023 season.

Saddlebrains

Otmar Szafnauer given the boot by Aston

Says to me theyre in the shit.

Also i also read Ferrari has made massive gains. I hope so, my favorite team, and also, how good would a fight between Max, Lewis, George, Leclerc and Sainz be? :love:

Paul Anthony

FIA confirming Masi has been dropped as race director. People may say that's all down to Mercedes, but there's been reports floating around for a while now that more than one team had lost faith in him. I don't see they had any other choice myself, he made a lot of questionable decisions over a couple of years.

The role is going to alternate between two people (which sounds like a very typical FIA response to a problem, I can see that causing it's own issues down the line). On a related note, sounds like the very experienced Herbie Blash is coming back in some capacity, so hopefully that's a good sign.

Saddlebrains

Otmar Szafnauer given the boot by Aston

Says to me theyre in the shit.

Also i also read Ferrari has made massive gains. I hope so, my favorite team, and also, how good would a fight between Max, Lewis, George, Leclerc and Sainz be? :love:

As i was saying 😍😍

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220217-162543_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20220217-162543_Twitter.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20220217-162539_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20220217-162539_Twitter.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 20220217_162423.jpg
    20220217_162423.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 23

Paul Anthony

Vettel refusing to race in Russia this season, even if the race goes ahead. Verstappen saying it shouldnt go ahead. FIA are monitoring the situation. Think they may end up having no choice but to find alternatives. In my opinion, they should be announcing it as cancelled immediately instead of putting it off. I understand, of course, there's money involved. But now's the time to take a stand.

Wonder where this all leaves Haas, what with being pretty much solely bankrolled by Mazepin snr.

NorthernWisdom

I understand, of course, there's money involved. But now's the time to take a stand.
Given where else they race, it's maybe a little naive to expect F1 to come over all ethical!

Getting a lot of respect for both Vettel and Hamilton the past couple of years. They use their position to at least try and shine a light on the darker side of the sport they love.

Paul Anthony

Apparently all teams are suffering with this. Looks like there's been a bit of an oversight in the rules. Also can't be doing any good for everyone's backs!

Paul Anthony

So what happens to/at
Haas?
Sponsorship and driver.

Think there's a lot of legal discussions about to happen for them over the coming days/weeks.

In the short term, they've said Pietro Fittipaldi (reserve) would get the drive if Mazepin loses his funding. In terms of finance, without Mazepin Snr's funding they're screwed. However, if Andretti are really serious about entering F1 in the future, and it seems they are, then this is a very easy way for them to accelerate the process. Seems it's the best hope they have.

Paul Anthony

So, Nikita Mazepin, whose dad has pretty close ties to Putin, can continue race as long as he races under an FIA flag instead of a Russian one.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I know he's supposedly a Cov fan, but Christian Horner has lost the plot, claiming it was unfair for Masi to lose his job and only did so because of Mercedes pressure and 'bullying'.

Fact is he did not apply the rules of the sport in the last race of last year, which totally altered the outcome of both the race and Championship. His place was untenable.

What makes it even more laughable is that Masi only did that in the last race because Horner himself put massive pressure on him. What he relays to the Mercedes team is pretty much exactly what Horner said to him.

Methinks Horner is just miffed he hasn't got someone who can easily be pressured as race director anymore.

Saddlebrains

I know he's supposedly a Cov fan, but Christian Horner has lost the plot, claiming it was unfair for Masi to lose his job and only did so because of Mercedes pressure and 'bullying'.

Fact is he did not apply the rules of the sport in the last race of last year, which totally altered the outcome of both the race and Championship. His place was untenable.

What makes it even more laughable is that Masi only did that in the last race because Horner himself put massive pressure on him. What he relays to the Mercedes team is pretty much exactly what Horner said to him.

Methinks Horner is just miffed he hasn't got someone who can easily be pressured as race director anymore.

I think Horners stroppy because the Red Bull this year is a dog according to the rumour mill

Saddlebrains

Screenshot_20220309-194705_Twitter.jpg

Good to see Mr 'world peace and equality to everyone' Hamilton backing this.....

Most hypocritical man ever. People wonder why i dont like him

covcity4life

Don't bother with all this pre season stuff. Tend to just have a great understanding of motor racing naturally.

Look forward to first race.

Si80

View attachment 24105

Good to see Mr 'world peace and equality to everyone' Hamilton backing this.....

Most hypocritical man ever. People wonder why i dont like him
Yet a quick check on his Insta story has him talking about the war in Ukraine and mentioning where he's supporting and how to help if you can and sharing it to 27M followers.

Yeah he's not standing with his fellow drivers giving the same message at all...:unsure:

covcity4life

Yet a quick check on his Insta story has him talking about the war in Ukraine and mentioning where he's supporting and how to help if you can and sharing it to 27M followers.

Yeah he's not standing with his fellow drivers giving the same message at all...:unsure:
I totally agree.

Some tried to say verstappen was racist for not kneeling last year. I just don't think people can say from afar.

Si80

Really looking forward to this season. Hoping for McLaren to make another step forward again and Norris to get his first GP win s he so deserved one last year.

Lewis to romp to his 8th title too. George to be worse than Bottas as a wingman.

Saddlebrains

If the rumours are true, and tomorrow will show, then Mercedes have found a second since the last test

No sidepods apparently. Found a way to move the cooling into the engine cover. If so then thats genius!

Me, i want Ferrari and Mclaren up front together, 2 favourite teams with Great drivers.

Will Russell get the better of Lewis? In qualifying i think so. Not on race pace.

Can see Red Bull struggling for no other reason than a feeling.

Think Williams and Alpine will make a step forward, and Aston Martin swapping places with Williams

Here's hoping for a great season

Paul Anthony

If the rumours are true, and tomorrow will show, then Mercedes have found a second since the last test

No sidepods apparently. Found a way to move the cooling into the engine cover. If so then thats genius!

Me, i want Ferrari and Mclaren up front together, 2 favourite teams with Great drivers.

Will Russell get the better of Lewis? In qualifying i think so. Not on race pace.

Can see Red Bull struggling for no other reason than a feeling.

Think Williams and Alpine will make a step forward, and Aston Martin swapping places with Williams

Here's hoping for a great season

I kind of hope the rumours of no side pods on the Merc aren't true, at least not literally anyway. It's just going to look very...... odd without side pods!

Users who are viewing this thread