F1 2022 (2 Viewers)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I just don't think Russell is going to be much of a team-mate for Hamilton. Hope I'm wrong.

Saddlebrains

Turns out it is true looks unreal!

Testing is on Sky sports F1 all day today tomorrow and Saturday lads

Paul Anthony

Got to hand it to them, it's a very ambitious design. How on earth they've got that through the side impact tests, I don't know! They're obviously confident they've got enough cooling going to the engine.

Saddlebrains

The cars look slow, cumbersome and generally hard to turn and stop.

I'm all for a challenge for the drivers but my lord these look pants

Paul Anthony

I'm beginning to think Red Bull might be miles ahead. Lot of hype about Ferrari, but I'm just not sure. Hope they're close. McLaren having some major brake issues.

I did say last season the most George Russell thing that could happen was he'd get the Mercedes seat, and they'd build a car that was absolutely nowhere. Looks like it's come true.....

Last edited:

Saddlebrains

Which he will.

Merc are definitely sandbagging. I expect Hamilton to pop that new motor on P1 Saturday afternoon by a clear second and Red Bull to shit themselves.

I think they are also, but only on the engine

The driveability of the car looks appalling. Porpoising more than anyone else and watching testing it seemed easier to turn a HGV into some of the corners than the mercedes

I think its a 3 way fight, Red Bull, Ferrari, Mercedes for the year

Id love nothing more than a Ferrari title

jordan210

Merc will be sand bagging but also so will the others. Maybe not by as much. But I would not be surprised to see Merc struggle for the first few races.

Hopefully we get a good surprise of one of the midfield teams being right tup their

Paul Anthony

As much as Mercedes like to hide their pace, I genuinely think they're in trouble early doors this season. The thing looks like an absolute monster to drive. Doesn't look fun at all! I expect Red Bull to take quite a dominant victory in Bahrain, even if Ferrari are in contention, their famous strategy bottle job will probably come into play.

Obviously really hope McLaren are up there, but I don't think they're quite there yet.

Saddlebrains

As much as Mercedes like to hide their pace, I genuinely think they're in trouble early doors this season. The thing looks like an absolute monster to drive. Doesn't look fun at all! I expect Red Bull to take quite a dominant victory in Bahrain, even if Ferrari are in contention, their famous strategy bottle job will probably come into play.

Obviously really hope McLaren are up there, but I don't think they're quite there yet.

McLarens brake issue seems a pretty difficult one to overcome. Mercedes does look a complete pig at the mo, but once its dialled in they will fly.

Pecking order as of now?

I would go

1 - Red Bull
2 - Ferrari
3. Mercedes
4. McLarne
5. Alpine
6. Alpha Tauri
7. Alfa Romeo
8. Aston
9. Haas
10. Williams

Paul Anthony

McLarens brake issue seems a pretty difficult one to overcome. Mercedes does look a complete pig at the mo, but once its dialled in they will fly.

Pecking order as of now?

I would go

1 - Red Bull
2 - Ferrari
3. Mercedes
4. McLarne
5. Alpine
6. Alpha Tauri
7. Alfa Romeo
8. Aston
9. Haas
10. Williams

I'd probably go along with that order for the first few races at least. I think the midfield could be quite close. Could come down to who has nailed the new weight limits, which rumour says Alfa Romeo have.

Saddlebrains

Forza Ferrari!!
So so happy to see them back at the front

Max V Leclerc, V Sainz, with Russell and Lewis hunting them down through the year

Fasten your seat belts ladies and gents

Paul Anthony

F2 race has been absolutely chaos. Race leader had a bad stop, couldn't get the wheel on. The guy who took the lead pitted and broke his front wing. Late safety car called for a stranded car, two cars pitted and their wheels fell off as they drove off, one of them stuck blocking the pit lane. It's rarely dull in F2....

xcraigx

It will be interesting to see how successfully cars can follow closely later on today. I hope it doesn't make overtaking so simple that the finishing order will be determined pretty quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread