Fa Cup Draw Thread (1 Viewer)

Londonccfcfan

Damn , the f***kers don’t play again after us untill Monday evening on 15th January.

So that’s 9 days rest before their next match! They would have had an eye on the Manchester game if it was Saturday.

They may well play their full strength now!

Otis

I think it’s more to do with the fact their one of the premier league teams that no one are really bothered about
It is a West Midlands derby though. Not been a big game in the past, but then we have been starved of such high profile games for a long time.

no_loyalty

Damn , the f***kers don’t play again after us untill Monday evening on 15th January.

So that’s 9 days rest before their next match! They would have had an eye on the Manchester game if it was Saturday.

They may well play their full strength now!

I doubt they will, will probably be Crouch and Berahino up top though

CharlesMore

The candidates for TV coverage are I would say:

Liverpool v Everton - dead cert

Brighton v Palace - maybe

City v Stoke - good chance

Forest v Arsenal - dead cert

Forest Green /Exeter v West Brom - good chance

Fleetwood/Hereford v Leicester - very good chance and dead cert if it is Hereford

Shrewsbury v West Ham - maybe

Norwich v Chelsea - dead cert.

How many games are usually covered? About 5 is it?

You are missing the obvious off the list, the only dead cert is Man United.

They have had every FA cup game televised since 2006!

That truly reflects a fair redistribution of all tv monies......

Otis

Those that need an excuse not to go. Will find it.
Well if it's the weekend I think it is I am busy picking up old dog poo from our back garden.

It's all scheduled in and everything and I'm fed up of all the squelching in the dark in the middle of the night.

Otis

You are missing the obvious off the list, the only dead cert is Man United.

They have had every FA cup game televised since 2006!

That truly reflects a fair redistribution of all tv monies......
Man U v Derby? Surely not. Much more appealing games to be found in the draw.

Sky Blue Harry H

I am confident Stoke will sell out their 6k allocation. If I'm honest, I'll be surprised if we sell more than 10k (so, for me - 15-16k). If it had been one of the glam clubs, you could have easily added 10k on to that. A few of us still have long memories - we weren't excited by Stoke 10-20-30 years ago, and still aren't! (Oh yes - a few knuckle draggers will be on show, too !)

Otis

I am confident Stoke will sell out their 6k allocation. If I'm honest, I'll be surprised if we sell more than 10k (so, for me - 15-16k). If it had been one of the glam clubs, you could have easily added 10k on to that. A few of us still have long memories - we weren't excited by Stoke 10-20-30 years ago, and still aren't!
Yeah, surely 15,000-16,000. Has to be.

pusbccfc

The idea of 6000 away fans would get people wanting to go.

One of the things which keeps me away some weeks is the lack of atmosphere from the tiny away followings we get at the Ricoh.

wingy

F**king Delilha.
Is Mr Singh still reffing? B-)
Lots of flip flopping beteeen yesterday and today.
Yesterday the stench of the glory supporter was going to wreck the pleasure of the Illuminati, then turns to the moaning buggers won't come. B-)

Johnnythespider

What do,people base 25k on

who said it will be empty?

I don’t know anybody who bangs on about a packed Ricoh
I just plucked a random figure out of the air mate, I'm basing it on about 15,000 stay away fans who haven't spent any money on the football this season turning up and 5,000 season ticket holders + 5,000 Stoke.

Covstu

It’s a decent tie to be fair, yes not the top draw we all wanted but should be a decent game.

Sky Blue Harry H

Every now and then, you get a club that is skint who draw a PL club (rolling in cash)in the FA Cup and the PL team does the gracious thing and lets the skint club keep all of the revenue - just putting it out there!

ovduk78

I went to that and met a couple of mates at Rugby station who were going but they were going to go in with the Stoke fans in their half of the west end so I went in with them. The Stoke fans were not happy when it got to 4-1 which I am sure was in the first 15 minutes and staged a sit in but I didn't want to sit and a few of them suspected I was a Coventry fan. Luckily I got away with it but they were not a pleasant bunch to be with

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Every now and then, you get a club that is skint who draw a PL club (rolling in cash)in the FA Cup and the PL team does the gracious thing and lets the skint club keep all of the revenue - just putting it out there!

Yeah but it's not easy having to pay your 4th choice keeper £30k a week!

Sky Blue Harry H

I went to that and met a couple of mates at Rugby station who were going but they were going to go in with the Stoke fans in their half of the west end so I went in with them. The Stoke fans were not happy when it got to 4-1 which I am sure was in the first 15 minutes and staged a sit in but I didn't want to sit and a few of them suspected I was a Coventry fan. Luckily I got away with it but they were not a pleasant bunch to be with

Only remembered I was there when you mentioned the sit in ! That was funny. I was in the City part of the West End. Was it around then that Shilton had been caught cheating on his missus, and City fans were singing about 'Tina in the back of a Cortina' or some such classic melody!?

ovduk78

Only remembered I was there when you mentioned the sit in ! That was funny. I was in the City part of the West End. Was it around then that Shilton had been caught cheating on his missus, and City fans were singing about 'Tina in the back of a Cortina' or some such classic melody!?
I reckon Shilton was at Derby when we sang about Tina

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Yes I agree most Stoke fans are not a pleasant bunch. I remember this being a sunny day being in the Kop for some reason that day.It helped towards another relegation escape. One of the more unusual amazing escapes culminating in the famous/infamous Bristol City 2-2 game.

better days

I reckon the Duke will fancy playing in this one as he'll want to show Wolves what he can do against a Premier League side
Unless they screw things up they look a good bet to be there themselves next season

ovduk78

Hoping MR man marks Peter Crouch with the 2 DKEs in one of those one piece comedy outfits, like in the circus - one sat on top of the other's shoulders - that'll confuse him.
Do you remember when MIckey Gynn marked Kevin Francis when he came on as a sub for Derby?

Users who are viewing this thread