FA Cup Draw - Tonight - 7PM (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

I was thinking that but home advantage may scupper that.

Can see tv having Fylde v Wigan, Gateshead v luton & Slough v Rochdale being favourable at the min.

But the landlords are home to
Leicester at 4:30 on the Saturday so it won't be then.

Agree with all three of them being ahead.

Imagine it being on TV on a Friday night, you'd struggle for 2000 home fans regardless of the price.

pusbccfc

Would love to get through and get a big home game. Chelsea have been the only real big boy to come to the Ricoh.

Other than the likes of Bournemouth, Burnley, Stoke and Swansea, it would sell out. You could argue some Championship teams at home would see a 25k+; Leeds, Villa, Sunderland, Birmingham etc.

bringbackrattles

Their manager said after the draw in so many words that they fancy their chances. They're on a high after beating Blackpool, and are going well just one division below us. Tricky tie I reckon.

Sky Blue Harry H

I was thinking that but home advantage may scupper that.

Can see tv having Fylde v Wigan, Gateshead v luton & Slough v Rochdale being favourable at the min.

But the landlords are home to
Leicester at 4:30 on the Saturday so it won't be then.

Had we been drawn away- yep, TV game. Don't think Slough v Rochdale looks attractive (does it?)

ps1948

Their manager said after the draw in so many words that they fancy their chances. They're on a high after beating Blackpool, and are going well just one division below us. Tricky tie I reckon.
Their Manager is unlikely to say that they don't fancy their chances and that they might as well not turn up......even if he is really thinking that.
It's a good draw for us, with a good chance of getting through to Round 3, but let's not start to count our chickens, we know what usually happens when optimism breaks out.

Sky Blue Harry H

I know it's a CCFC fan's mindset, but I've just read through the draw again, and we still stand out as the biggest team in the hat at present. The BBC have confirmed this, by headlining our tie with Boreham Wood, so it must be true !

chiefdave

Wasps game is being televised already so think that won't be shifted it'll be CCFC
Would be interesting though. Remember the FA and FL require CCFC to have primacy as a condition of entering the competition. You would assume (or maybe not where SISU are concerned!) that it was put in to the lease. If a TV company said they wanted CCFC on and the FA said we had to play Saturday what happens?

better days

Would be interesting though. Remember the FA and FL require CCFC to have primacy as a condition of entering the competition. You would assume (or maybe not where SISU are concerned!) that it was put in to the lease. If a TV company said they wanted CCFC on and the FA said we had to play Saturday what happens?
We give up home advantage in exchange for larger share of tv money?
Don't think it will happen though
We could be asked to play on Friday, Sunday or Monday all of which are TV slots
There is decent money for any of these live televised games

itsabuzzard

No. Please refer to earlier post by Ferguson's Beard.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

skyblue025

If it's on BT there won't be a clash as they have the rugger rights. It makes perfect sense for them to have us on as the cameras will all ready be there for the Wasps game saving transport and setting up costs. Makes sense to me.

better days

TV money for teams selected for live games. Not sure if this is shared between the two clubs
ROUNDS LIVE LIVE REPLAY
FA Cup – Round 1 £67,500 £33,750
FA Cup – Round 2 £72,000 £36,000
FA Cup – Round 3 £144,000 £72,000
FA Cup – Round 4 £144,000 £72,000
FA Cup – Round 5 £247,500 £123,750
FA Cup – Round 6 £247,500 £123,750

The first figure is for the original game
The second is for a televised replay

Users who are viewing this thread