FA Cup Draw - Tonight - 7PM (1 Viewer)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

How often is any lower league club live on the BBC? It's a shame the beeb has such a lack of decent live sport nowadays.
I don't know how old you are S.B.F but it goes back to the premier league days and before !
When it came to live FA CUP games on the BBC Cov City were never chosen .
The semi final against Leeds in 87 was on ITV and it was only when it came to final in 87 we were on the BBC !

Mcbean

I understood there was someone in MOTD team who was not a Cov fan at all hence all the crappy games they televised

Nick

Administrator
It doesn't have the feel of a decent draw at the Ricoh. If it was away to them it would be different I think.

Astute

It doesn't have the feel of a decent draw at the Ricoh. If it was away to them it would be different I think.
Getting through and having the chance of a big payday is more important than a dodgy away game for me.

oucho

Sorry if I missed it, but when is the date and TV coverage (if any) confirmed for the Boreham Wood game?

dazed&confused

Never thought I'd say this, but I agree with Nick. Us at home to Boreham Wood doesn't reek of possible cup upset, and so will have very limited interest for a TV audience. A probable Sunday attendance of ~4k will prove them right. Us away at Boreham Wood would have gotten the TV company's juices flowing and would have lead to squeaky bum time for all on here. To be truthful, the only attractive TV games are Fylde v Wigan and Gateshead v Luton. And while Flyde v Wigan does nothing for me, Gateshead v Luton might peek my interest.

Last edited:

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Never thought I'd say this, but I agree with Nick. Us at home to Boreham Wood doesn't reek of possible cup upset, and so will have very limited interest for a TV audience. A probable Sunday attendance of ~4k will prove them right. Us away at Boreham Wood would have gotten the TV companies juices flowing and would have lead to squeaky bum time for all on here. To be truthful, the only attractive TV games are Fylde v Wigan and Gateshead v Luton. And while Flyde v Wigan does nothing for me, Gateshead v Luton might peek my interest.
Boreham wood pulled off a shock by beating Blackpool from Div 1, who's to say thay can't do it again !
So much for the glamour of the FA CUP .

itsabuzzard

Never thought I'd say this, but I agree with Nick. Us at home to Boreham Wood doesn't reek of possible cup upset, and so will have very limited interest for a TV audience. A probable Sunday attendance of ~4k will prove them right. Us away at Boreham Wood would have gotten the TV company's juices flowing and would have lead to squeaky bum time for all on here. To be truthful, the only attractive TV games are Fylde v Wigan and Gateshead v Luton. And while Flyde v Wigan does nothing for me, Gateshead v Luton might peek my interest.
Pique

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

covcity4life

when we played spurs in fa cup 3rd round you would think shoe in for tv as replay of fa cup 87, however they were home so it was a no contest

this looks same on paper so might not be on tv

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

when we played spurs in fa cup 3rd round you would think shoe in for tv as replay of fa cup 87, however they were home so it was a no contest

this looks same on paper so might not be on tv
IF Boreham Wood were to win at the Ricoh , surely that would be a bigger shock then if they were at home !!!
The glamour of the FA CUP , yeah right !!!

Users who are viewing this thread