Fans Forum (2 Viewers)

duffer

I realise I'm tilting at windmills a bit here, I just really don't want us to move significantly outside the city. I find it hard to think that a place like Coventry hasn't got a spare bit of land to build a development on. Having a look though, they may be right.

If you wanted to squeeze just a ground in somewhere, you might get away with it. But SISU seem to be talking about a ground plus a large retail footprint to make it pay for itself. That's going to make it hard.

And if not in Cov and it's going to be on green belt, then the PP for a large retail development plus the stadium is going to be very tricky. Neither the much touted exemplars of the Amex (Brighton) nor the New York (Rotherham) have large retail developments alongside, as I recall.

dongonzalos

I realise I'm tilting at windmills a bit here, I just really don't want us to move significantly outside the city. I find it hard to think that a place like Coventry hasn't got a spare bit of land to build a development on. Having a look though, they may be right.

My opinion is we won't be moving anywhere other than the Ricoh.....

J

Jack Griffin

The airport's green belt, I think. Hence all of the hoo-hah about the planned development there, and the supposed 14,000 jobs.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/ne...c-inquiry-controversial-250m-coventry-7140101

Given that's been called in for public enquiry I'm not sure there's much scope for a new stadium there. This will, of course, be SISU's big problem. Even if they can buy enough land somewhere in leafy warwickshire outside Coventry, getting planning permission isn't a given. (Appreciate you already know this, btw, just pointing the flaws in the new stadium plan).

Cool, I didn't want that development to proceed, too near where I live & going ahead would despoil the Baginton & Bubbenhall area.

Plus it is one less option for SISU to site a stadium.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grendel

Agreed the other option Is a Myth.

The only remote possibility is near the NEC but that would be agreeing with Jack Griffin.

skybluetony176

The only remote possibility is near the NEC but that would be agreeing with Jack Griffin.

Bermuda park is the myth I keep hearing. I was told about another mythical site from a complete stranger but it's so outrageous I'd be embarrassed to repeat it.

Its not Narnia either.

letsallsingtogether

Would have thought that it would have been to expensive there I'm sure JLR would want it for their carpark?

duffer

Cool, I didn't want that development to proceed, too near where I live & going ahead would despoil the Baginton & Bubbenhall area.

Plus it is one less option for SISU to site a stadium.

In truth Jack, I think the decision from the planning Inspector is still pending. The gateway scheme could still get the go ahead. If so, there was talk about reducing the A45 to one lane in each direction in the plans, iirc. If for no other reason, I don't fancy that. I'm not convinced about the 14,000 jobs either, in truth - that would be equivalent to Peugeot and Jaguar (Browns Lane) starting back up again if I've got my numbers right. I can't see that from warehousing, personally...

Anyway a different argument, but the stadium + retail build in green belt, that will be a tough sell, imho.

duffer

Bermuda park is the myth I keep hearing. I was told about another mythical site from a complete stranger but it's so outrageous I'd be embarrassed to repeat it.

Its not Narnia either.

Dammit, I was banking on Narnia. Easy to get to from my wardrobe. ;)

dongonzalos

Went to the CTK meeting with JS,TF and ML.

JS is well spoken not to sure why she has an issue with public meetings. She is confident clear and looks the part.
The message they were trying to convey was the Ricoh is not an option.
However when hit directly with the question would you come to the negotiating table there was resounding hesitation and no instant or definitive no.
My gut feeling says Ricoh is still Plan A and they are manoeuvring to get back to where they were before the council refinanced the loan. Once there the negotiations will take place again.
The JR can do this.

They provided no rational argument for why they can't publicly make an offer for ACL.
Or why they can't publicly make a temporary rent offer matching what they pay at Northampton.

For me the only sensible explanation for not making an offer for ACL is they want to see what happens with the JR first as they can inherit an even stronger negotiating position. Also by not making the temporary rent offer. It's shows they don't want to give ACL a penny. Nothing else makes sense a temporary rent deal would be better financially for them and would secure a long term fan base. If it was rejected they would have the public on their side.
Lets get on with this JR and then see the calls be made.

Nick

Administrator

JS is well spoken not to sure why she has an issue with public meetings. She is confident clear and looks the part.
However when hit directly with the question would you come to the negotiating table there was resounding hesitation and no instant or definitive no.
My gut feeling says Ricoh is still Plan A and they are manoeuvring to get back to where they were before the council refinanced the loan. Once there the negotiations will take place again.
The JR can do this.

They provided no rational argument for why they can't publicly make an offer for ACL.
Or why they can't publicly make a temporary rent offer matching what they pay at Northampton.

For me the only sensible explanation for not making an offer for ACL is they want to see what happens with the JR first as they can inherit an even stronger negotiating position. Also by not making the temporary rent offer. It's shows they don't want to give ACL a penny. Nothing else makes sense a temporary rent deal would be better financially for them and would secure a long term fan base. If it was rejected they would have the public on their side.

How were people chosen for this secret meeting? ;) :) :p

Lord_Nampil

The JR can do this.

I was there as well, Wat did you think of the councils agreement with Higgs regarding matching any offer the club makes for the 50% share in ACL....

I do agree the JR needs to get out the way we need everything in the open. I got the impression that they could say more, but the JR was in the way....

dongonzalos

How were people chosen for this secret meeting? ;) :) :p

Sent an email directly to JS

Not that secret, like with the meeting with TF I asked if I secure a meeting if anyone wanted anything asking.

Didn't really turn into a drama :)

Strangely enough I agree with Grendel now. These smaller meetings are a better idea it was hard enough to stick to your question with this one. Never mind 100 people.

JS should get herself on CWR.

dongonzalos

I was there as well, Wat did you think of the councils agreement with Higgs regarding matching any offer the club makes for the 50% share in ACL....

I do agree the JR needs to get out the way we need everything in the open. I got the impression that they could say more, but the JR was in the way....

I need to look into that one I believe the council can't own the entire private company. I maybe wrong. I knew they had the power to veto. However deciding that they would veto just because of a radio interview with PWKH where he suggested they may. Is not the same as completing a deal and the council blocking it.

olderskyblue

Who said this?

Nick

Administrator
Sent an email directly to JS

Not that secret, like with the meeting with TF I asked if I secure a meeting if anyone wanted anything asking.

Didn't really turn into a drama :)

Strangely enough I agree with Grendel now. These smaller meetings are a better idea it was hard enough to stick to your question with this one. Never mind 100 people.

JS should get herself on CWR.

What makes you so special? (ok, Dongo impression over) :)

What were your impressions?

_brian_

He did a cracking Bruce Forsyth*!!! LOL!!!

(*I'm making out that it was impressions of famous people he was doing and not what he thought about the Sisu mob! LOL!!! Love it!)

chiefdave

It's probably something really obvious but what is the CTK?

Did anything get discussed regarding the financing of the new ground and how they will actually achieve a return for their investors?

dongonzalos

Joy is switched on dont know why she won't do more public speaking.

My gut instinct says the JR, not offering a new temporary rent deal purchasing the land is all designed to put pressure on ACL. If the judge makes the council take the loan back you are back to where we were pre refinancing. Except now the club are in Northampton as well.

I think post JR they will start negotiating again. Hopefully hard and fast and get the deal done.

However the message at the meeting was we no longer consider the Ricoh as an option the new stadium is the only option.

skybluetony176

He did a cracking Bruce Forsyth*!!! LOL!!!

(*I'm making out that it was impressions of famous people he was doing and not what he thought about the Sisu mob! LOL!!! Love it!)

you can only do a Brucey in the 1st half of a CCFC season, we dont do "good games" in the 2nd half

shmmeee

Joy is switched on dont know why she won't do more public speaking.

My gut instinct says the JR, not offering a new temporary rent deal purchasing the land is all designed to put pressure on ACL. If the judge makes the council take the loan back you are back to where we were pre refinancing. Except now the club are in Northampton as well.

I think post JR they will start negotiating again. Hopefully hard and fast and get the deal done.

However the message at the meeting was we no longer consider the Ricoh as an option the new stadium is the only option.

Did you get the figures for the new stadium in terms of debt and rate of return?

dongonzalos

Did you get the figures for the new stadium in terms of debt and rate of return?

No Schmee as always no figures. Nothing more on that above what I covered with TF.
Unfortunately last night as you were getting an answer to a question someone would jump in ask something else and you go off track.

Lord_Nampil

No Schmee as always no figures. Nothing more on that above what I covered with TF.
Unfortunately last night as you were getting an answer to a question someone would jump in ask something else and you go off track.

I think that was the problem, quite a few questions were asked which had already been answered just from a different voice, although the answers are all the same! I think we need the JR out the way first then these questions can be homed in on to!

There was a suggestion a task force be set up after the JR to basically approach the council and try and bring bk a Ricoh return..... Something, I think needs to happen but maybe not headed by the club, (the impression i got) but fans driven as we are the biggest part of this. It could help maybe if local businesses got involved too, at the end of the day they are being affected as well, but not to the pain the fans are going through! Maybe this is the thing we could all unite on and push forward......

Monners

Useful feedback from those that attended. Just wish that TF et al would put this new stadium nonsense to one side an focus on what can actualy be done for the club in regard to getting back home. I sincerely hope that Sisu aren't just using this method of fan liaison as a PR exercise, and there is actually some substance there. I shall remain open minded on this though until proven to be the case. Like others have said, more focus seems likely post JR.

valiant15

Ccfc4l, dont worry about it fella, youll be ok because you're staunchly anti Coventry council,youll never get a ban from nick and co for that. I got a ban because I slagged of the disciples beloved tim fisher. We can't have these nasty folks doing things like that on a football forum can we, after all its not as if they treat us like shit is it. Strangely enough it let's me log in now and again,not that id bother posting much now anyway. They might as well rename this site the rabid anti council talk or gmk2.

Don and co, dont let that slimy bastard fisher pull the wool over your eyes. There never will be a new ground, hopefully when they lose the judicial review they'll piss off back to the sewer they crawled out from.

Users who are viewing this thread