Fifth Round... / Brighton Ticket Details (2 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

Exactly - it ridiculous that people are moaning. Every season everyone knows that the best way to get a ticket to big games is being a season ticket holder. There no big conspiracy, the club haven’t got this wrong.......... it’s just tough shit. If you’re not a ST holder then I’d suggest to buy a fucking ST next season.

Seriously why do people think that 2 per ST is a problem. They obviously are valued more than any other fan to CCFC so they will be rewarded by the club.
As a fan who lives outside the city I don't get to all home games but the added benefits mean its worthwhile for me to get a season ticket. If the club started to reduce things like away allocation then it wouldn't be worth me getting a season ticket in the first place and the club would miss out on that income. That would also mean I'm less likely to go to certain games, club income drops further. I suspect that would be the case for a few others also.

BHAFC2018

I don’t think you can win with these things tbh. All about demand, apart from the FA cup games, we don’t get many glamour ties. The ironic issue for us is that league two stadia is too small!

But surely a loyalty scheme is exactly what you need? From my very brief time on here you have sold out FGR and going to sell out Mansfield. Yet I would imagine people who are doing both those games are going to miss out on the game against us. As the biggest team in League 2 any sign of a promotion challenge is going to see you wanting to take huge followings every week. A loyalty scheme is surely a must ?

Johnnythespider

All this will be academic once Brighton do to us what Swansea are doing to Notts County. Currently 6-1 with 30 minutes left.

Ricketts

I (and my wife) have two season tickets, and have done for years, including vice-president's, Ladbrookes Club, Premier Club, legends lounge etc.

We go to all the home games, and as many away matches as we can. Very often do hospitality, to avoid the fans that we wouldnt want to be associated with. Those of you a few years ago at Peterborough on a bank holiday know who you are, but probably won't be on here because I doubt they can read, and if they could they couldn't understand. Over the years we havent done all the away grounds, but a fair whack.

I haven't been able to get tickets for Brighton, others have bought them before me.

C'est la vie.

There's a lot more in the world to worry about. Get real.

clint van damme

But surely a loyalty scheme is exactly what you need? From my very brief time on here you have sold out FGR and going to sell out Mansfield. Yet I would imagine people who are doing both those games are going to miss out on the game against us. As the biggest team in League 2 any sign of a promotion challenge is going to see you wanting to take huge followings every week. A loyalty scheme is surely a must ?

and would cost to administer. Even if that cost i minimal, they're not going to pay for it.

Covstu

I (and my wife) have two season tickets, and have done for years, including vice-president's, Ladbrookes Club, Premier Club, legends lounge etc.

We go to all the home games, and as many away matches as we can. Very often do hospitality, to avoid the fans that we wouldnt want to be associated with. Those of you a few years ago at Peterborough on a bank holiday know who you are, but probably won't be on here because I doubt they can read, and if they could they couldn't understand. Over the years we havent done all the away grounds, but a fair whack.

I haven't been able to get tickets for Brighton, others have bought them before me.

C'est la vie.

By the sounds of things you wouldn’t want to mix with us peasants anyway!

Covstu

Know what your saying but generally we don’t have this issue. The two cup games and forest green have been the biggest ones. Generally any ST holders could get an away ticket if they are buying on the first few days

Liquid Gold

We've sold out both of the games you mentioned to season ticket holders. Just like the game at your place.

covboy1987

Somebody may have already mentioned this - The obvious thought of buying tickets in the Brighton end with our allocation sold out -Message on the Brighton website if you try to purchase a ticket
Due to Coventry City selling out their allocation, this game will not go on General Sale. Anyone purchasing tickets will need a purchase history with us.

Tommo72

We've sold out both of the games you mentioned to season ticket holders. Just like the game at your place.

Yes but the whole point of a loyalty scheme for away supporters is to reward those that follow the team away.....hence why clubs have it....

I’d imagine if Coventry did manage to get promoted and do well next season then away tickets would be a struggle again.

BHAFC2018

That is my point by not having a loyalty scheme even within STH surely it is quite possible that a STH who has been to all your games home and away this season could of missed out today as there was no priority and you sold out in 2 hours. I appreciate that these situations may be rare as soon as you start to be more successful and climb back through the leagues you will need one in place.

Tommo72

That is my point by not having a loyalty scheme even within STH surely it is quite possible that a STH who has been to all your games home and away this season could of missed out today as there was no priority and you sold out in 2 hours. I appreciate that these situations may be rare as soon as you start to be more successful and climb back through the leagues you will need one in place.

Yep you get it....

pusbccfc

Maybe they could sell an away membership for say £50 which gives you priority alongside season ticket holders.

Adge

Fair play Adge

Personally not bothered, see it as a £200+ and 2 days saving
Yes,indeed it can stack up. FGR just gone, Brighton, Crewe, Mansfield etc coming up, said to my son that I need an appointment with the bank manager this week! :emoji_briefcase::emoji_money_mouth::emoji_weary:

Modcons86

Yes,indeed it can stack up. FGR just gone, Brighton, Crewe, Mansfield etc coming up, said to my son that I need an appointment with the bank manager this week! :emoji_briefcase::emoji_money_mouth::emoji_weary:

Any idea on the rough date of ticket release for crewe? Guessing end of feb.

fernandopartridge

C'est la vie.

Agree with the thrust of your post. However, you appear to be considerably richer than us lot on here *(bar Grendel)

skybluesam66

The club has done nothing wrong
I have physically queued for hours in the past in the snow
Now I just sit in the warm and queue on my laptop

Anybody who was desperate this morning, and made arrangements to be on line at 9am who has a season ticket, would now have 2 tickets for the match

No season tickets - with a good away record - that is zero income for the club, why should they reward you?

Bennosdancingfeet

I agree with you here! As soon as I knew it was 2 per season ticket holder I knew I wasn’t going to Brighton. My mate though, who missed out who’s a STH and goes to every away game missed out on tickets, he follows city everywhere, uses his holiday entitlement from work to do all the Tuesday night away games too. It’s people like him I feel for, I actually think he’s mad but his following of the team you can’t question. So for him to not get a ticket having not missed a home or away game in at least 3 years then a loyalty scheme should be in place.

On another note, many of my family live lancing, Worthing areas, would they need purchase history should they want to buy tickets in the Brighton end? Or would a postcode or proof of address be ok?

Tommo72

Which takes some of the incentive away from buying season tickets. Our main income source.
The club has done nothing wrong
I have physically queued for hours in the past in the snow
Now I just sit in the warm and queue on my laptop

Anybody who was desperate this morning, and made arrangements to be on line at 9am who has a season ticket, would now have 2 tickets for the match

No season tickets - with a good away record - that is zero income for the club, why should they reward you?

Rubbish.

So we measure loyalty in how much money individual fans contribute to the club? Absolute nonsense.

Perseus

48..if you go on the slower train to london..you can do it for 40. Need to get in quick though..especially the cov euston trains..london brighton seems to be 12 pds return whatever train..loads of them...

I agree with you here! As soon as I knew it was 2 per season ticket holder I knew I wasn’t going to Brighton. My mate though, who missed out who’s a STH and goes to every away game missed out on tickets, he follows city everywhere, uses his holiday entitlement from work to do all the Tuesday night away games too. It’s people like him I feel for, I actually think he’s mad but his following of the team you can’t question. So for him to not get a ticket having not missed a home or away game in at least 3 years then a loyalty scheme should be in place.

On another note, many of my family live lancing, Worthing areas, would they need purchase history should they want to buy tickets in the Brighton end? Or would a postcode or proof of address be ok?

Online booking is mostly done on computer nowadays and without a fan number you will not be able to log on to purchase. Best bet is to wait for a late increase in the Coventry allocation which maybe released in two batches of 800.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread