Fifth Round... / Brighton Ticket Details (1 Viewer)

MatthewWallis

It doesn’t really matter if there was a loyalty scheme though does it? Because people would still miss out due to the small allocation and people would still moan.

Sick Boy

I agree with you here! As soon as I knew it was 2 per season ticket holder I knew I wasn’t going to Brighton. My mate though, who missed out who’s a STH and goes to every away game missed out on tickets, he follows city everywhere, uses his holiday entitlement from work to do all the Tuesday night away games too. It’s people like him I feel for, I actually think he’s mad but his following of the team you can’t question. So for him to not get a ticket having not missed a home or away game in at least 3 years then a loyalty scheme should be in place.

On another note, many of my family live lancing, Worthing areas, would they need purchase history should they want to buy tickets in the Brighton end? Or would a postcode or proof of address be ok?

From what I've heard you need to have purchased tickets from them previously to be able to buy for the game and even I think you are limited to the number you can purchase.

skybluesam66

Rubbish.

So we measure loyalty in how much money individual fans contribute to the club? Absolute nonsense.
never mentioned the word loyalty - I just was discussing ticket entitlement
Why should a club give a ticket to somebody who has been to every away game for x years, but is doing NOPM (when it suits) over a season ticket holder , who chooses their away games?

ccfcricoh

That escalated quickly...

Everyone knew the rules at the start of the season so can't really complain, if you have a ST and missed out its just one of those things - you weren't as quick as others...

If you wanted to go to Brighton that much you could have bought a half season ticket last week?! If we beat Brighton i'd recommend everyone does it to save this happening again next round!

CCFC88

Of course, but the people I have seen moaning this morning are the ones who haven't missed an away game, but don't have a season ticket.

I do understand their frustration, there is a fair number who have travelled all over to follow the club away and haven't got tickets today.

How did someone who doesn't have a season ticket manage to get a ticket for Exeter?

pusbccfc

How did someone who doesn't have a season ticket manage to get a ticket for Exeter?

I don't know, but that's not the point of why they are annoyed. It is the fact they will be one of 250 at Colchester away next week but won't be one of the 4600 at Brighton.

pastythegreat

I thought the exact same thing tbf.
I have a season ticket and couldn't get tickets for Exeter, Luton or Lincoln. For a non season ticket holder who hasn't missed an away game this season?!?! How's that work?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

CCFC88

I don't know, but that's not the point of why they are annoyed. It is the fact they will be one of 250 at Colchester away next week but won't be one of the 4600 at Brighton.
Sounds to me like they've taken away the chance of many season ticket holders going to Exeter, swings and roundabouts

W

westcountry_skyblue

I stood in the home end easy just went on their site and ordered it,Arrived in three days!!

CJ_covblaze

Exactly, and imagine the reaction when fans who travelled to Carlisle away can't get tickets because those who go to home games get more points.

I believe England do a similar system. You get 2 points for a home game and 1 for an away. Which on paper seems crazy that you get less points for travelling to Lithuania and Belarus than you would sitting at Wembley. However, if it was more points for an away game it may put people off going to the home ones.

For years we got 1 cap for a home and 2 for away. That was changed to 1 for away and 2 for home a few years ago which pissed off a lot of people and gave us another reason to dislike Wembley even more. After the FA were getting calls and emails from people on a daily basis about it, they changed it after a few months to 2 caps a game, no matter where it is. This was the correct decision but executed wrongly as they should’ve done it retrospectively for the whole campaign including the games played previously.

There are still a number that complain about the caps for home games as we pay a fee for an AWAY membership. However as it gives people the chance to climb the caps table and get the opportunity to get tickets for away games I can see the value in keeping it like it is.

What is annoying is like many others I paid the full membership fee at the start of the campaign. The FA dropped it to less than half price a couple of months ago. There is a free home game membership that awards caps at the same level for home games. So in theory someone with 40 caps that has never been to an away game could upgrade for a lower cost and get a ticket for the Belgium game in the summer ahead of someone that paid full price and rarely misses an away game.

M&B Stand

For years we got 1 cap for a home and 2 for away. That was changed to 1 for away and 2 for home a few years ago which pissed off a lot of people and gave us another reason to dislike Wembley even more. After the FA were getting calls and emails from people on a daily basis about it, they changed it after a few months to 2 caps a game, no matter where it is. This was the correct decision but executed wrongly as they should’ve done it retrospectively for the whole campaign including the games played previously.

There are still a number that complain about the caps for home games as we pay a fee for an AWAY membership. However as it gives people the chance to climb the caps table and get the opportunity to get tickets for away games I can see the value in keeping it like it is.

What is annoying is like many others I paid the full membership fee at the start of the campaign. The FA dropped it to less than half price a couple of months ago. There is a free home game membership that awards caps at the same level for home games. So in theory someone with 40 caps that has never been to an away game could upgrade for a lower cost and get a ticket for the Belgium game in the summer ahead of someone that paid full price and rarely misses an away game.

Should never be 2 caps for Wembley.

Irish Sky Blue

Nick you really would argue Black was White. Every fucking club of note in the football league that takes decent away followings, (Leeds, Wednesday etc before you try and argue Yeovil doesn’t) has a points scoring system, to make sure away tickets go to those who travel regularly. They get top priority for Away Games. Top priority is ST that have X amount of away points, next priority is members that have X amount of away points. A ST with 0 away points, would be right down the priority list, which is what it should be. Season ticket holders get priority on home matches.

Stop being a gimp and arguing the toss over everything.
This was the system that used to be in place here a few years ago. It still gives ST holders priority over non ST holders but pushes ST holders who also travel away further up the queue.

coop

So the Lowest ranked team left in the fa cup will not be live on the TV thanks to the FA and thanks for helping our owners to confirm our new ground.

Esoterica

So the Lowest ranked team left in the fa cup will not be live on the TV thanks to the FA and thanks for helping our owners to confirm our new ground.
It stinks. For the TV companies it's no longer about the romance of the cup but how much they can sell the tv rights abroad for. Asia would rather watch Chelsea vs anyone than Brighton vs Coventry.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Was anyone at the last FA cup game we played v Brighton away? 3rd round, think 2006ish at the Withdean, we won 1-0 (McSheffrey). Pissed with rain all day, away fans were stood on that shitty temporary stand behind the athletics track miles away from the pitch. Certainly wasn't the demand for tickets that day that there is for this game!

Perseus

It no longer looks like that Brighton will not be able to increase the allocation for Coventry supporters. Started selling seats in the wings. Stadium design only allows a maximum of 15% of capacity seats for away fans. 30600 @15% = 4590.

Last edited:

Irish Sky Blue

I’ve got a season ticket and tried for an Exeter ticket in our allocation but missed out. The answer on this occasion was to buy a ticket in the home end. Anyone without a ST could have done the same.

cov4theprem

It no longer looks like that Brighton will not be able to increase the allocation for Coventry supporters. Started selling seats in the wings. Stadium design only allows a maximum of 15% of capacity seats for away fans. 30600 @15% = 4590.

How are BHA ticket sales going?

Sick Boy

Was anyone at the last FA cup game we played v Brighton away? 3rd round, think 2006ish at the Withdean, we won 1-0 (McSheffrey). Pissed with rain all day, away fans were stood on that shitty temporary stand behind the athletics track miles away from the pitch. Certainly wasn't the demand for tickets that day that there is for this game!

Haha I was there and we still sold it out ;) We have already played them at the Amex as well.

pastythegreat

I think the same could be said about the majority of away games pre sixfields. We've always had a decent ish away following the has almost doubled, if not trebled (on special occasions).
Even in the championship we wouldn't sell out away allocations. Once in a while at the crisp bowl we would, but on the whole it was rare. I remember days of around 1k to Stoke, less than 2k to Derby, all of which are good followings, but fast forward to sixfields and we'd tale treble that to both of those grounds now. All of a sudden, were taking 8ktoMK. Pre sixfields that would never of happened. Add to that same season, Crewe and Walsall were moving ST holders just to squeeze in more Cov fans as we couldn't get enough tickets. That's never happened in my lifetime as a Cov fan.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jordan210

Currently we are 62 places below Brighton and the lowest rank team left in the cup.

I still find it a joke we did not get a TV slot.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
This is what most premiership/championship teams face every week, not being able to get an allocation for away fans that correlates to their season ticket base.

We all have choices, get a ST and you are higher up the queue, even with that, at limited capacity grounds, you may miss out. If you don't, then find a friend who has one or failing that st up a fake poker account, claim to have millions, met new friends and buy...........oh shit, forget that last one

Users who are viewing this thread