Fisher live on CWR.... the countdown begins. (2 Viewers)

clint van damme

You've also been saying we had a top 6 budget. No wonder TM resigned. He failed like every other manager for the past 9!years has failed. The constant in all of this is Sisu. Maybe Fisher lied and we actually do have a top 6 budget? Don't think so, probably one of the few true things he said.
if the budgets that low why was TM chasing players like Kelvin Wilson FFS?!

torchomatic

torchomatic

Really? What non league players did Barnsley sign for their first team over the summer transfer window?

Who knows I don't follow them I read an article on them and that's what they said their model was.

ccfc92

Can someone post a brief summary on what was said please :) thank you.

If it's usual Fisher tripe, then just say Fisher tripe :)

All Fisher had to offer was fear, as really he has nothing else left to offer.
Fear that those on the pitch will be severely punished, fear that if we boycott or do not attend then the budget will be cut further, fear that protests will put investors off (two breaths later advising that we are not up for sale) and fear that we could not possibly start again at a lower level. SISU are, IMO in a pretty desperate position. They have one more roll of the dice in court by suing Wasps, and beyond that nothing. At that stage they would have to crystallise their losses and sell for a significant loss or end up carrying around the weight of an 'asset' whose 'customers' hate them and make a lot of noise. They could of course pull the plug altogether, but would they have the balls to cope with PR disaster? Even at this stage the name of SISU is being dragged through the mud on a national stage, and gaining significant negative attention. Even after the pitch invasion I am not aware of any media outlet that has not placed the moral high ground with the supporters

torchomatic

tisza

Something has just dawned on me. We were at a loss of 1.7 mill last season so sold Maddison. That meant a £1.5 mill profit overall. If the club are running on an even basis now then surely the £1.5 mill profit from last season could be free to use surely?
not really it means the Maddison money is still covering ongoing losses until the next player is sold.
FIsher was challenged on money from player sales this morning and this evening and clearly said only a small part of player income could be reinvested in new players.
Have to wonder if this is one of the reasons CA left as he was quite clear in the media that all money from player sales would go back on the pitch when clearly it turned out it wasn't to be the case

Otis

This has all just made everything all seem even more glum than before.

There's not a lot new, but it's the confirmation of what we have feared.

This is a slippery slope to hell.

If we have a mid to lower mid budget, then I can't see how a new manager is going to suddenly have us tearing up the table, unless he is absolutely brilliant.

If he's absolutely brilliant, what's he doing here.

This is a perpetual decline and Fisher must know that season ticket sales will be down next season unless we finish on a real high.

Smaller budget, another lower table battle. The next season, smaller budget, likely relegation. Smaller budget, same ad nauseum.

Meanwhile the City fan base just goes up in a puff of smoke.

The only thing that is going to put bums on seats is a successful team out there on the pitch.

We have one single hope this season, the tinpot cup. Only a trip to Wembley and victory will give us any impetus and hope.

I always have a season ticket, but have to say, even I am having second thoughts at the moment.

We are set up to decline. Constantly cutting budgets will set us on a path to oblivion eventually.

City fans are now so fed up on failure, after failure, after failure, that only a successful team on the pitch will bring them back.

If we are starting off from a position of lower midtable budget then we are accepting mediocrity and our chances of success are incredibly limited.

I know it's a chicken and egg situation, but the difference is, there have been so many endless years of failure you will ONLY get fans back if you start doing really well.

You are now never going to get people to buy ST's and tickets in advance in the hope that , that then transfers into a bigger player budget out on the field of play.

Fans have now had enough and it is all at a very low ebb.

Only answer is investment or takeover, or just self combust and disappear into the ether.

A new man will come in, in January and have the same constraints. Yep, we get a honeymoon period and may end up midtable.

Trouble then is though, next season we will start once more with a lower midtable budget, which then again points to a challenge at the wrong end of the table.

I know you can have a smaller squad, but that hasn't served us at all well in the past.

It's all very depressing.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
So no solution to the academy

No solution to a home ground short or long term

Players incoming January but we are losing some present ones loans or other..... (did anyone else pick up he said loan market not transfer market)

It is the fans holding things back by not spending money, by protests by scaring investors

That accountancy is not a strong point

That contradictions masks many a real answer

That the fans are not important

That Sisu are still here and breakeven is essential because they do not want to crystallize losses. Keeping a zombie ccfc going is essential at any level.

The future is bleak and fisher is happy to create barriers despite his faux "transparency"

It's everybody else's fault.

torchomatic

He said at the Trust forum soon after he arrived that the Ricoh was the only realistic option.

Doesn't mean it's the best. Staying at the Ricoh long term is more realistic but as a club we won't benefit from it.

skybluetony176

This has all just made everything all seem even more glum than before.

There's not a lot new, but it's the confirmation of what we have feared.

This is a slippery slope to hell.

If we have a mid to lower mid budget, then I can't see how a new manager is going to suddenly have us tearing up the table, unless he is absolutely brilliant.

If he's absolutely brilliant, what's he doing here.

This is a perpetual decline and Fisher must know that season ticket sales will be down next season unless we finish on a real high.

Smaller budget, another lower table battle. The next season, smaller budget, likely relegation. Smaller budget, same ad nauseum.

Meanwhile the City fan base just goes up in a puff of smoke.

The only thing that is going to put bums on seats is a successful team out there on the pitch.

We have one single hope this season, the tinpot cup. Only a trip to Wembley and victory will give us any impetus and hope.

I always have a season ticket, but have to say, even I am having second thoughts at the moment.

We are set up to decline. Constantly cutting budgets will set us on a path to oblivion eventually.

City fans are now so fed up on failure, after failure, after failure, that only a successful team on the pitch will bring them back.

If we are starting off from a position of lower midtable budget then we are accepting mediocrity and our chances of success are incredibly limited.

I know it's a chicken and egg situation, but the difference is, there have been so many endless years of failure you will ONLY get fans back if you start doing really well.

You are now never going to get people to buy ST's and tickets in advance in the hope that , that then transfers into a bigger player budget out on the field of play.

Fans have now had enough and it is all at a very low ebb.

Only answer is investment or takeover, or just self combust and disappear into the ether.

A new man will come in, in January and have the same constraints. Yep, we get a honeymoon period and may end up midtable.

Trouble then is though, next season we will start once more with a lower midtable budget, which then again points to a challenge at the wrong end of the table.

I know you can have a smaller squad, but that hasn't served us at all well in the past.

It's all very depressing.

The SISU model will have us ground sharing with sphinx and them having first dibs on what day they play as they're in the higher league.

Nick

Administrator
CCFC is Sisu. One objective of this performance seems to be to try and imply the club and Sisu are more separated than they are, presumably to deflect criticism from Joy and Sisu. Don't fall for it.

CCFC isn't SISU.

I don't fall for it, I just use common sense and don't listen to random people on the internet.

ollyservetta

must say, found it funny when he said because of the protests the players looked confused , they have looked confused all season , and at every team selection ,squad selection , throw in , substitution , corner , where has he been or what world is he in , one things for sure , he knows fuck all about footie , good pair him and MV

Otis

Apologies if you didn't. Lots on here branded TM a failure as he was underachieving based on top 6 budget.
Think it was top 8 budget wasn't it?

Anyway, we did underachieve, because he had us entrenched in the top 6 and 11 points clear of 7th place.

From that situation we should never have dropped like a stone the way we did.

Irish Sky Blue

Doesn't mean it's the best. Staying at the Ricoh long term is more realistic but as a club we won't benefit from it.
Better option than anything else currently on offer. However I think crowds will be so low next season, if things don't change, that where ever we play will make little difference.
From listening to CA his plan seemed to be to try and negotiate a better deal for the club, hence his 17 point agenda. He also said that he legal action was holding the club back and that he wished it was finished. Probably frustration at this that caused him to walk.

oldfiver

Better option than anything else currently on offer. However I think crowds will be so low next season, if things don't change, that where ever we play will make little difference.
From listening to CA his plan seemed to be to try and negotiate a better deal for the club, hence his 17 point agenda. He also said that he legal action was holding the club back and that he wished it was finished. Probably frustration at this that caused him to walk.

He walked becuase he realised he was in the wrong job?

letsallsingtogether

Got to be honest after listening to the c**t on Talk Sport I couldn't take another hour of bullshit coming out of that man's mouth.
It must be the first time in over 10 years that I haven't listened to the phone in when I was able too.
Whole situation is depressing bet he blamed the fans again the mans a fucking moron.

Last edited:

Rory83

I am more convinced than ever that SISU will never sell unless the football league get involved and potential mismanagement misdemeanours are brought to light.

SISU need a capital base in which to sink debts, operate at break even/marginal profits and pay out to stakeholders. Protests and negative public opinion won't bother them or those connected with their activities at all as long as they keep getting paid.

I'd be genuinely terrified to see the books and see just how much crippling debt CCFC has taken on as a result of these gangsters. I remember the uproar when the Glaziers bought Manchester United, they brought a lot of debts with them which fell on to the club. Difference being a club like that was probably able to wipe those debts off within a month and have change left for a bag of chips and bus fare home. A club like ours, it breaks your heart.

Nick

Administrator
Really? What non league players did Barnsley sign for their first team over the summer transfer window?

Angus Macdonald from Torquay on a free, defender.
Andy Yiadom (not non league, but barnet on a free, decent right back or winger)
Stefan Payne, striker from Dover
Kayden Jackson, signed from Wrexham but loaned out for more experience

oldfiver

I suspect that following that fisher performance many fans feel even more disheartened and disconnected from the club.

He can say it a million times but I do not believe he cares. It is and always has been about the owners investment

Says our Investment Analyst!

Users who are viewing this thread