Flat Earth (1 Viewer)

fellatio_Martinez

The last experiment proved not only that the earth is round but that these people are intelligent enough to perform a proper scientific experiment, just like the rocket guy who died this week, I think mental issues are the biggest driver of this conspiracy theory.

From what I've seen. These people aren't stupid.

hill83

The last experiment proved not only that the earth is round but that these people are intelligent enough to perform a proper scientific experiment, just like the rocket guy who died this week, I think mental issues are the biggest driver of this conspiracy theory.

From what I've seen. These people aren't stupid.

From the netflix doc a lot of it is wanting to be a part of something. Making the friends in that group then being stuck in it. I refuse to believe some of them don't know it's bollocks.

shmmeee

As David Baddiel says in that Holocaust denial program I just watched: conspiracy theories are stupid people’s way of feeling intellectual.

Monners

I watched it earlier. They don’t understand how science works. A bit like my older brother (who is intelligent, but potty - he loves a conspiracy theory!) they find stuff to reinforce their view. The disturbing bit was reference to who is in control - the Jews, the Vatican etc

Very odd people.

clint van damme

As David Baddiel says in that Holocaust denial program I just watched: conspiracy theories are stupid people’s way of feeling intellectual.

Blindly following the official narrative is pretty stupid in my book.
Look at what came out in the 'family jewels' papers for one. Obviously that doesn't mean all conspiracy theories are. But to take the line that they either all are or all aren't is pretty myopic.
Holocaust denial is a particularly nasty example of one that has got out of control.

shmmeee

Blindly following the official narrative is pretty stupid in my book.
Look at what came out in the 'family jewels' papers for one. Obviously that doesn't mean all conspiracy theories are. But to take the line that they either all are or all aren't is pretty myopic.
Holocaust denial is a particularly nasty example of one that has got out of control.

It’s not about blindly doing anything but the vast vast majority of conspiracy theories rely on some fairly basic issues like needing several thousand people to keep a secret for no clear reason.

clint van damme

It’s not about blindly doing anything but the vast vast majority of conspiracy theories rely on some fairly basic issues like needing several thousand people to keep a secret for no clear reason.

the vast majority of high profile theories like holocaust denial perhaps. There are still many that I believe involve a lot people and high level collusion. Though they do have a clear reason for happening.

shmmeee

the vast majority of high profile theories like holocaust denial perhaps. There are still many that I believe involve a lot people and high level collusion. Though they do have a clear reason for happening.

Come on then. What conspiracy theory do you subscribe to?

clint van damme

Come on then. What conspiracy theory do you subscribe to?

probably the most contentious one is I am convinced the mafia was involved in killing JFK.

I also believe that the CIA flooded the States with cocaine to fund the Contra in Nicaragua which led to the crack epidemic in the States (don't believe they had anything to do with the advent of crack other than ensuring there was a ready supply of coke).

Covkid1968#

A cup of tea’s surface is flat and not curved..... that’s enough for me to believe right there. Blew my fricking mind when I noticed it earlier....

Liquid Gold

If we’re going for favourite conspiracies I have a feeling that the dark web is run by the CIA as a way of generating funds that can’t be traced for black ops.

clint van damme

If we’re going for favourite conspiracies I have a feeling that the dark web is run by the CIA as a way of generating funds that can’t be traced for black ops.

The CIA are or at least, were, up to their necks in all sorts of shit with all sorts of dodgy collaborators.

tommydazzle

Here’s one that’s absolutely true and not only that even after the conspiracy has been outed people still believe it. Filters on cigarettes were simply a marketing tool by the tobacco industry to make them seem safer. The filters are not filters. They have no effect whatsoever - it’s a massive industrial fraud. Some filters were also made to change colour (a pH effect) to make it seem as if they were scrubbing out toxins. A lot of gunk ends up in the mouth end of a cigarette whether or not it is filter tipped. Not only that but cigarette butts are one of the most littering single use plastics on the planet.

The EU haven’t managed to ban these filters. Whether that’s down to pressure from powerful vested interests I couldn’t say. Obviously the tobacco industry have conspired and it’s obvious why. The outlandish stuff is clearly nonsense.

fellatio_Martinez

Here’s one that’s absolutely true and not only that even after the conspiracy has been outed people still believe it. Filters on cigarettes were simply a marketing tool by the tobacco industry to make them seem safer. The filters are not filters. They have no effect whatsoever - it’s a massive industrial fraud. Some filters were also made to change colour (a pH effect) to make it seem as if they were scrubbing out toxins. A lot of gunk ends up in the mouth end of a cigarette whether or not it is filter tipped. Not only that but cigarette butts are one of the most littering single use plastics on the planet.

The EU haven’t managed to ban these filters. Whether that’s down to pressure from powerful vested interests I couldn’t say. Obviously the tobacco industry have conspired and it’s obvious why. The outlandish stuff is clearly nonsense.

Aren't filters primarily preferred by smokers because they offer a smoother taste rather than health reasons?

wingy

There's a lad I mentioned I worked with on here,the reason we had to join the Common Market was because they had dirt on our Royal Family partaking in a huge peadophile ring.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

There's a lad I mentioned I worked with on here,the reason we had to join the Common Market was because they had dirt on our Royal Family partaking in a huge peadophile ring.
*coughs*Andrew*coughs*

theferret

Aren't filters primarily preferred by smokers because they offer a smoother taste rather than health reasons?

Yeah, they do act as a filter in that they take away a lot of the harshness, but I think it's long been accepted that smokers inhale longer and deeper on filtered cigarettes so there are no real health benefits. Not sure this qualifies and a conspiracy, at least not in recent decades.

tommydazzle

Yeah, they do act as a filter in that they take away a lot of the harshness, but I think it's long been accepted that smokers inhale longer and deeper on filtered cigarettes so there are no real health benefits. Not sure this qualifies and a conspiracy, at least not in recent decades.
There’s no health benefits because they’re not filters of carcinogens.

Users who are viewing this thread