Football League deadline update (1 Viewer)

Kingokings204

I think as fans all we want is clarity and confirmation on this. Yet again it's silence and confusion. That's the bit that's frustrates the most.

We are not even respected for
this. Another example of fans last.

sky blue john

Some on here have mentioned a possible transfer embargo as sanctions by the fl. Would that not be helping Sisu, they like transfer embargos ???

Chipfat

The FL will make some excuse to not deal with this situation once and for all, they don't have the teeth, guts or desire to stand up to owners of football clubs..A points deduction could be issued and more deadlines put in place, but the pattern emerging is alarming. If not dealt with properly it will only allow the situation to carry on causing more pain for fans which not 1 party involved are considering...

Grendel

Some on here have mentioned a possible transfer embargo as sanctions by the fl. Would that not be helping Sisu, they like transfer embargos ???

We loved transfer embargos prior to sisu didn't we?

Grendel

The FL will make some excuse to not deal with this situation once and for all, they don't have the teeth, guts or desire to stand up to owners of football clubs..A points deduction could be issued and more deadlines put in place, but the pattern emerging is alarming. If not dealt with properly it will only allow the situation to carry on causing more pain for fans which not 1 party involved are considering...

I would imagine that if there was a points deduction there would be delight amongst many "fans"

Anyone who would want this is a complete twat.

You seem to want it?

RoboCCFC90

Yes, let's hope Sisu are ordered to pay money. That's always resolved quickly with few problems. :D

But we were ordered to pay the money up until yesterday and it didn't happen.. Why should Sisu get anymore extensions? The rules are there for a reason, what point is their having them if you can't enforce them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chipfat

The FL need to look at the amount of times they are discussing the state of our club and act with more than just points deductions. The decline on and off the field should allow them to protect the club instead of prolonging and increasing the damaged caused by the owners.

Ian1779

ArchieLittle

Ian, you make a good point. I read your post and thought I'll soon find that, 25 mins later I cant.
Anyone else remember when the ACL payment came up as a condition?

J

Jack Griffin

It would make a lot of sense if someone confirmed how much money was put into the escrow account.

Also, does anyone actually have a copy of the exact conditions that SISU had to adhere to in order to receive the GS? The football league statement at the time doesn't say anything about and amount payable to ACL. Am curious when that condition was put in place?

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/football_league_issue_city_statement_801646/index.shtml

Any conditions imposed by the FL on CCFC/SISU have never been disclosed, I've asked the FL more than once and they just say "We can't disclose them, try asking CCFC".

This goes for compensation payable, acceptable location of new ground, the terms of the supposed £1M bond etc. etc.

Ian1779

Ian, you make a good point. I read your post and thought I'll soon find that, 25 mins later I cant.
Anyone else remember when the ACL payment came up as a condition?

I couldn't find it either. Was interested if it said anything in it about the liquidator being in control of the payment to ACL.

Ian1779

Any conditions imposed by the FL on CCFC/SISU have never been disclosed, I've asked the FL more than once and they just say "We can't disclose them, try asking CCFC".

Does that explain why they don't seem too perturbed by it all?

If they haven't disclosed the full terms to anyone, how do we know that the deadline is 31st May as opposed to end of the liquidation?

Just thinking out loud.

J

Jack Griffin

Does that explain why they don't seem too perturbed by it all?

If they haven't disclosed the full terms to anyone, how do we know that the deadline is 31st May as opposed to end of the liquidation?

Just thinking out loud.

Well maybe that information came from the people they were expected to pay, not f***ing rocket science is it!

NorthernWisdom

Money over points ?? Deduction?

But I repeat... why?

When has the football league ever intervened like that in an administration process before?

Why would they put on such a condition that effectively guarantees any CVA would be rejected, as there's no monetary loss to do so?

At the end of the day, this is a landlord/tenant dispute. Surely in such instances the football league can't intervene and, if they do, they may as well have gone the whole hog and imposed a condition that we play there!

So... what happened, that made them impose this condition?

J

Jack Griffin

But I repeat... why?

When has the football league ever intervened like that in an administration process before?

Why would they put on such a condition that effectively guarantees any CVA would be rejected, as there's no monetary loss to do so?

At the end of the day, this is a landlord/tenant dispute. Surely in such instances the football league can't intervene and, if they do, they may as well have gone the whole hog and imposed a condition that we play there!

You are assuming the FL said pay £590K BEFORE the CVA was rejected, I reckon the arrangement was most likely imposed AFTER the creditors meeting on Aug 2nd 2013

italiahorse

Just pay it up you bastards your playing with our club.
I can see a points deduction by the FL coming because Sisu are taking the piss with them.

A penalty is avoidable but I suggest SISU are waiting on the JR so they can include this figure in the debts when they fold the club in some way.

As for keeping the fans informed to reduce the worry on this they do not give a toss.

FO SISU

NorthernWisdom

You are assuming the FL said pay £590K BEFORE the CVA was rejected, I reckon the arrangement was most likely imposed AFTER the creditors meeting on Aug 2nd 2013

Your edit helps ;)

I was pretty sure the chronology did all tally as per what I said but... in the self referential circular way of this whole shenanigan, the easy and obvious references to it all are... this very board:thinking about:

Jean Baudrillard would be ecstatic! Myths become truth as we all quote each other as proof!

Kingokings204

The club was liquidated on August second and the club was saved in the 2-3 hours following the announcement of it.

I seem to recall the meeting on August 2nd to accept or reject the CVA was 10 minutes. No messing around. In and out. Fisher and co met with the FL who then kept Coventry in the league under "exceptional circumstances" rule if the club met certain conditions one being the CVA payment to ACL of 590k.

The problem is the deadline on this payment. There are two times that is the issue here. 1 is the league stating it was before the end of the season hence may and then the other one was before finishing the liquidating process.

Now the end of may has gone and it hasn't been paid but the liquidation hasn't finished. Otium wouldn't not pay it if it had to be paid before end of may, they would of as risking more points deductions etc. It's clear it's before the liquidation process ends now which of course it hasn't. Why? I don't know seems to have taken ages. Maybe deliberately I certainly believe so and I have no doubt it will coincide with after the JR hence the delay. If the JR was in may this would of been resolved by now.

The JR is such a key event. It may get us back to the Ricoh it may not but also a lot will happen as a result. Money, liquidation, selling players, signing players, sell up or cease the club.

So many variables but us fans will most likely lose out as always.

Samo

The club was liquidated on August second and the club was saved in the 2-3 hours following the announcement of it.

I seem to recall the meeting on August 2nd to accept or reject the CVA was 10 minutes. No messing around. In and out. Fisher and co met with the FL who then kept Coventry in the league under "exceptional circumstances" rule if the club met certain conditions one being the CVA payment to ACL of 590k.

The problem is the deadline on this payment. There are two times that is the issue here. 1 is the league stating it was before the end of the season hence may and then the other one was before finishing the liquidating process.

Now the end of may has gone and it hasn't been paid but the liquidation hasn't finished. Otium wouldn't not pay it if it had to be paid before end of may, they would of as risking more points deductions etc. It's clear it's before the liquidation process ends now which of course it hasn't. Why? I don't know seems to have taken ages. Maybe deliberately I certainly believe so and I have no doubt it will coincide with after the JR hence the delay. If the JR was in may this would of been resolved by now.

The JR is such a key event. It may get us back to the Ricoh it may not but also a lot will happen as a result. Money, liquidation, selling players, signing players, sell up or cease the club.

Wasn't there a complaint re the liquidation? Could that have caused the hold-up?

Ian1779

I agree - some people think the deadline was 31st May, some people think it is at the end of the liquidation. No one appears to have anything conclusive that says one way or the other. Was the 31st May mentioned as it was expected that the liquidation would have been done and dusted by now, and it was the cut-off point for the end of the season.

J

Jack Griffin

Wasn't there a complaint re the liquidation? Could that have caused the hold-up?

Who objected? I'm willing to bet it was SISU/ARVO so they could delay paying the £590K they agreed.. there will no doubt be a lengthy appeal process, when they claim that GR & MM's payments cover or reduce their liability.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kingokings204

I agree - some people think the deadline was 31st May, some people think it is at the end of the liquidation. No one appears to have anything conclusive that says one way or the other. Was the 31st May mentioned as it was expected that the liquidation would have been done and dusted by now, and it was the cut-off point for the end of the season.

It must be now the end of liquidation of ccfc ltd. sisu have no reason not to pay it else. If the deadline was a certain may 31st it would of been paid as why risk points deductions etc. They just wouldn't as no benefit to it as far I can see.

I am dubious about the delayment but I think it's to wait for the JR to get out the way and then it makes their next move clearer. I just worry if they don't get the result in the JR they won't pay it full stop and risk expulsion from the league or liquidate again.

Or the 590k can be used as a bargaining tool. Well anything. As long as it hasn't been paid then there has to be doubts. The liquidation has taken a strangely long time.

Lorksalordy

23 days ago when the modality of timing bollocks was spouted….

"The long and the short of it is, if we make an agreement with the Football League, we will honour it."

Plainly playing a waiting game until they see how JR goes. There seems to be an awful lot riding on this review that they are only interested in as a matter of principle to ensure due process was followed.

shmmeee

But we were ordered to pay the money up until yesterday and it didn't happen.. Why should Sisu get anymore extensions? The rules are there for a reason, what point is their having them if you can't enforce them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, was being facetious, I agree completely. It seems to me that a large part of FL's time is spent avoiding any responsibility whatsoever. THAT really should be our message to the football community as fans: It could be you! Bad governance effects everyone, the Sisu/ACL row only affects us.

But I repeat... why?

Seems to me typical, lazy thinking from the FL to be honest. "Oh, how can we keep everyone happy and off our back. Don't want ACL suing for us helping them break the lease.". I really hope that at some point we find out more about the decision to hand the GS to Otium, as it's the one part of this that I don't think gets enough light.

Edit: Wow, went from effects to affects in one sentence. Not confident enough to change either of them. Shrodinger's Grammar.

chiefdave

The FL have used clubs GS as leverage before. They did it with Leeds when they were threatening legal action, not pursuing the action was a condition of their GS being issued for the following season.

They also did it with Portsmouth. They told the administrator they would only consider issuing the GS to their supporters trust which effectively ended other bids, at least one other bid was on the table that saw a greater return to creditors.

Think they take the view that they can do what they like with the GS as no one will risk having it taken off them as it's effectively the end of that club. However with SISU they may be thinking that doesn't apply.

duffer

Truthfully, as irritating as it is that SISU are still pissing around with all this, who can blame them? Apparently the FL aren't going to make a decision on this until 6th June, after their conference finishes? What a bunch of tossers - how long would it take for a board meeting to talk this through, an hour? Maybe they could go without a lunch break and sort it out, wouldn't hurt em.

The FL are completely unfit for purpose - I hope SISU keep dicking them around and taking the piss. Perhaps someone in the government will eventually take notice and the useless, spineless, lazy, money-grabbing, fat bastards that run the FL are thrown out on their ears. If they could take the FA with them so much the better.

J

Jack Griffin

Truthfully, as irritating as it is that SISU are still pissing around with all this, who can blame them? Apparently the FL aren't going to make a decision on this until 6th June, after their conference finishes? What a bunch of tossers - how long would it take for a board meeting to talk this through, an hour? Maybe they could go without a lunch break and sort it out, wouldn't hurt em.

The FL are completely unfit for purpose - I hope SISU keep dicking them around and taking the piss. Perhaps someone in the government will eventually take notice and the useless, spineless, lazy, money-grabbing, fat bastards that run the FL are thrown out on their ears. If they could take the FA with them so much the better.

D-Day 6th June ... how appropriate.

duffer

skybluetony176

I would imagine that if there was a points deduction there would be delight amongst many "fans"

You seem to want it?

It would seem sisu want it more than anyone. The responsibility of making any punishment not happen lies solely at there feet. Yet some twats fail to either recognise this or accept this and instead turn on fellow fans for expressing concerns of possible consequences from sisu's actions.

italiahorse

You seem to want it?

As Nick says, but not to you, where are the posts that say many fans are delighted.
You really are a dick.

letsallsingtogether

Very true and then those same so called fans blame others of trying to divide supporters.

Doesn't matter who is wrong now, Sisu have made a complete Cluster Fuck of this situation and will never be able to pull it back......

People will just never trust them anymore.

It would seem sisu want it more than anyone. The responsibility of making any punishment not happen lies solely at there feet. Yet some twats fail to either recognise this or accept this and instead turn on fellow fans for expressing concerns of possible consequences from sisu's actions.

Samo

Who objected? I'm willing to bet it was SISU/ARVO so they could delay paying the £590K they agreed.. there will no doubt be a lengthy appeal process, when they claim that GR & MM's payments cover or reduce their liability.

No not SISU, I seem to remember somebody had lodged an appeal with Companies House, somebody who thought the Holdings accounts should not be allowed to 'disappear' without public scrutiny? Anyone remember this?

Users who are viewing this thread