Gatwick Drones (1 Viewer)

Grendel

K
Hopefully most of their readers are so dumb they read it as 'Mormons'.

Yawn

Grendel

You are always seemingly defending the Express and Mail for some obscure reason. Or at least not condemning them.

No just lazy stereotyping is so dull. It’s boring and lazy.

Grendel

The Mail is a particularly nasty and spiteful newspaper.

Clear as day.

Is it really? I’ll bow to your clearly superior knowledge.

Even though this wasn’t the Mail was it?

Nick

Administrator
It was strange from the start when it had their pictures saying that she was about 55. Things didnt really add up, then their family and friends got involved.

See they are offering a big reward for info now, just means they havent got the foggiest who was behind it!

Otis

Is it really? I’ll bow to your clearly superior knowledge.

Even though this wasn’t the Mail was it?
Never said it was.

The headlines have been there for everyone to see for many, many years.

We have been over this before, so let's just leave it there. I don't affiliate myself with any newspaper these days. Clearly though, the pictures of this couple shouldn't have been released.

Grendel

Never said it was.

The headlines have been there for everyone to see for many, many years.

We have been over this before, so let's just leave it there. I don't affiliate myself with any newspaper these days. Clearly though, the pictures of this couple shouldn't have been released.

I assume you just thought Mail on Sunday = Mail.

Captain Dart

Wait for it...

tommydazzle

Think she had a previous conviction for wearing loud eyebrows in a built up area. Also he'd mentioned on Facebook that his wife was always droning on. Understandable that this would lead the police astray.

Paul Anthony

Gatwick drone police say 'there may never have been a drone at all'

Police saying there may never have been drones?

Pretty sure they wouldnt have closed the airport and lost millions because of non confirmed reports...

Yet airport staff are now saying they've found a damaged drone near the airport.

Gatwick Chaos: Damaged Drone Found Near Airport As £50,000 Reward Is Offered

So we've got the police saying there may not have been a drone after all, and airport staff confirming a damaged drone has been found. 2 people arrested, questioned, and released having had a cast iron alibi. What a truly bizarre turn of events this story is...

chiefdave

Birmingham Airport not shut down with an 'Air Traffic Control Issue'.

Something is going on for sure.
Isn't air traffic all done centrally by NATS? You can go on various websites and see all the planes that are currently flying so not sure why Birmingham would have to close completely.

Surely they have a backup plan and can land planes manually even if all their systems onsite were down. Sure they might need a bigger gap between landings to be safe but there would be no need to close the airport completely.

Something isn't right here.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Isn't air traffic all done centrally by NATS? You can go on various websites and see all the planes that are currently flying so not sure why Birmingham would have to close completely.

Surely they have a backup plan and can land planes manually even if all their systems onsite were down. Sure they might need a bigger gap between landings to be safe but there would be no need to close the airport completely.

Something isn't right here.

NATS control all the airspace, but when it comes to landing and takeoff, generally all airports have their own tower which controls that traffic.

I guess that could mean an isolated incident at an individual airport is possible (like this one I guess) but it is just super strange that we've had the Gatwick incident in such a short space of time.

The only airport I can think of that doesn't have a localised tower is London City. They control that remotely from an office somewhere with digital screens. I remember when I heard about that I thought it was the most stupid fucking thing ever. Terrorist attack waiting to happen...

Wouldn't surprise me if this was all of that nature either.

Paul Anthony

1. There was a drone and we've found the people responsible.
2. They were the wrong people.
3. There may not have been a drone
4. We've found a drone.
5. It wasn't the drone
6. ???

Really sounds like they're making it up as they go along! Probably all end up on Netflix at some point as a documentary...

Marty

Surly it's time just to tell us what has actually happened, no one is buying the drone crap.

Paul Anthony

Now it appears the police have apparently been chasing their own tail around in circles!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181229-193226_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20181229-193226_Facebook.jpg
    709.3 KB · Views: 19

Paul Anthony

Sighted again rather than seen on radar. Some truth needed really

How effective would radar actually be at finding a drone? It's a very small signal to pick up, surely? Can't see it would be a particularly strong signal.

Users who are viewing this thread