George Thomas (3 Viewers)

KG7

Well I've just Googled jesus Christ and he only got 29 goals

Wasn't Jesus a goalie?!?

0b5bac65e903d43aed4db1f3b15891da.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

He's finished mate, he's last seasons news, no one gives a toss about him anymore. Leicester have other targets they are pursuing, and he wouldn't get on our bench now. It's a classic case of "he who hesitates is lost"
The only reason we haven't withdrawn the offer is because we want the compensation. But to be honest I don't even think MR is that bothered.
He will be serving fries in McDonald's before you know it.
Or eating them

Grendel

He's finished mate, he's last seasons news, no one gives a toss about him anymore. Leicester have other targets they are pursuing, and he wouldn't get on our bench now. It's a classic case of "he who hesitates is lost"
The only reason we haven't withdrawn the offer is because we want the compensation. But to be honest I don't even think MR is that bothered.
He will be serving fries in McDonald's before you know it.

Are you Andy Thorn?

SkyBlue_Bear83

If he has signed with them already then surely it's decided he is going there? We have no say who he goes to, the other team can either make us an offer or let a tribunal settle it.

It just seems a bit strange.
Only reason I can see why it hasn't been confirmed is that Leicester don't want it to go to tribunal

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Heard off a lass working in Napa earlier this summer that she had met George and his mates. Said he was fairly shy on the topic of football, shame she couldn't persuade him to stay....
She's quite fit so I hope he got a pump too!

better days

Needs to go so we can start spending the money

I don't think he's been around the club for a while
Don't know what's happening with him but as his contract had expired and he didn't take up the new offer he would be like any of us who resigned from our jobs. No wages so no need to go in to work

Mucca Mad Boys

Personally think it would be wise to stay. If he stayed, I think he's scoring 15 goals this season, minimum. You put yourself in a shop window and you're guaranteed a starting berth. The alternative is either Leicester U23s or a League 1 club on loan, in an unfamiliar setup and system which I think represents a greater risk, actually. If he wants to be short-termist about it, go to Leicester, triple your wages but possibly end up stunting your development. Too many younger players are trying to chase money too early and end up becoming forgotten.

mds

I dont dislike him or think he isnt worthy but after yesterday i want him to go, wasnt missed in the slightest and if the club can get 3-500k in the bank for him and it means we get to keep players that played yesterday after January then great, altho by January it maybe im wishing they wernt here..........

Nick

Administrator
Apparently signing for them today, can't blame him at all for the move but annoying it's taken so long.

SkyBlueCRJ

I can't remember the last time we were relieved at selling an academy player. But thank god it's done (hopefully). Needs to be reinvested into one or two more signings then that's us done for the window.

Skyblueweeman

Neither here nor there on this one to be honest. I think he should've stayed and made more of a name of himself here but if he wants to go and someone is going to treble his wages, I'd rather be shot of anyone who doesn't want to be here.

As for those who said he wouldn't be missed on the back of Saturdays performance...of course he would. We need between 20-25 decent players over the course of a season due to injuries/suspension etc. Thomas would've played his part somewhere down the line.

I'd hope that whatever we do get from the sale, MR will keep some back to use in January in case we need it for a promotion push (or to stave off relegation!). I cannot recall us making any decent signings in an January transfer window since Dann/Fox all those years back.

pusbccfc

Can see this being one of the biggest steals we have made since Bigi made us a million. No way is he worth 500k.

harvey098

He's one of those players that is very efficient despite not being eye catching. He will have a good career. Shame it's not with us considering all the years we put into his development but such is the modern game.

Wouldn't wish him misfortune but equally wouldn't wish him too well, think he should've shown a bit more loyalty but at least it's finally sorted.

higgs

He will do a bigi we will get him back for free in 3yrs

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Littlewood CCFC

Good riddance i say, we cant have anyone at the club who doesnt want to be here. Lets be honest pre wembley non of us rated him anyway lol. Im sure Robins will be happy this is over and can hopefully use the money to bring in another 1 or 2 commited players

Skybluefaz

I see this news has been broken by Jack Pitt-Brooke if he's as right as he was about Stevenson going to Brentford last season George will be playing for us tomorrow night

SkyBlueCRJ

I still wouldn't say no if Leicester decided to loan him back for the season. Despite the mixed reviews on his quality I do believe he'd be an asset at League Two level.

Nick

Administrator
I see this news has been broken by Jack Pitt-Brooke if he's as right as he was about Stevenson going to Brentford last season George will be playing for us tomorrow night

Yep, from the Independent I think. Also got his name wrong.

Moff

If he is going, I am glad the saga has been drawn to a close. We will miss him, he is a tidy player but he is not irreplaceable.

Wish him as well as can be when a player moves to another club. Don't begrudge him his raise in wages/prospects etc, but to go from a first team spot to a Under 23 spot in a league where a high percentage of Under 23 players never make the first team is always a risk. He may do well, but he may well look towards Bigi, a rich player, who cant make the Motherwell squad in their season starter.

Moff

Thing is, you cvould also argue this is Bigi's standard level that he'd have sunk to anyway, and he had a blip that allowed him to get a move. So take the move while you can...

I don't disagree with that NW, I don't blame him for taking the chance, financially and career wise he would be mad not to, its just is now the best time?...but in a career that is short and has its risks I understand his choice.

Nick

Administrator
Makes me laugh people talking about loyalty on this thread, then being okay with the fact that we are forcing Reid out the club because he no longer suits our situation this year. You can't have it both ways.
If I was a footballer my loyalty would stretch about the length of a pound coin

Wasn't it Reid who said he wanted to go and said he had a clause which wasn't in his contract?

NorthernWisdom

I don't disagree with that NW, I don't blame him for taking the chance, financially and career wise he would be mad not to, its just is now the best time?...but in a career that is short and has its risks I understand his choice.
Yup, he's taken a risk as it is. If he gets injured today before signing, he's got no wage, and no way of earning one...

Users who are viewing this thread