Transfer Rumour Haji Wright (4 Viewers)

edgy

The training images suggest he's not training with the squad today. Personally dont think he'll be included in the squad for Friday, but would be a welcome addition on the bench.

Calista

Any chance of him back for Friday or is the Bristol game still most likely?

Is the advert on that page for leather patches to repair seats a pure coincidence 😀

Edit: I guess it was tailored for me, so they must have spotted me wreaking havoc at the CBS

Martin180

What is cloggers?
Poop Clog GIF by CompanyCam

SBT

Think Robins sums up where he’s at quite well from his press conference today:

“He’s got a brilliant relationship with everyone, and he is a really nice character. Milan has really helped him, and Haji has started to come out of himself, and you can see that in the celebrations.

“His goal the other night was a brilliant header, and I was really pleased for him and he’s getting better and better and he believes in himself more and more.

“There are times you’re waiting for him to explode and go and sometimes he can take a bit of time to see an opportunity but then other times he just does it instinctively.”
I think if he can find that explosive point right from the first whistle then he can be one of the best strikers in the league. That caution and lack of self-belief has been what’s made him a frustrating player to watch at times. But his growing confidence has been great to see.

I think MVE seems to be a great character in the dressing room as well.

MikeyMoo

Yeah Wright is fantastic. Looked pretty good in the middle as you said; now he's up and running he will continue to score/create and should be on top of goals and assists this season. Teams seem to have cottoned onto to Sakamoto's threat, will be interesting to see if he can continue to score goals; I see no issue for O'Hare, he's just too good.

AJB1983

This might sound a bit silly, but I often think that youngsters are good judges of players, and he’s got a lot of young fans. The amount of kids shouting for him to wave from the family zone when he was a sub the other night was quite something.
bit like when Hamer is in town and they all queue for photos…. But of ‘star’ quality for them.

hamertime

This might sound a bit silly, but I often think that youngsters are good judges of players, and he’s got a lot of young fans. The amount of kids shouting for him to wave from the family zone when he was a sub the other night was quite something.
bit like when Hamer is in town and they all queue for photos…. But of ‘star’ quality for them.
I think they like his song, my kids are always singing it. He also smiles which helps. Not sure if they are that good a judge on player though, mine say skyblue sam should go in goal as he will fit it up....

Bugsy

My son loves him, got to walk out with him as mascot against Plymouth, asked him if he could kindly score that night which he did...PUSB

Kaidon 5.jpg

mmttww

Just sparks, but I’ve seen sparks of Vik in there. That ability to pick the ball up and terrify defenders before getting a shot off. Hope he goes from strength to strength.

I think he's actually stronger than Vik was in his time here in a few respects. Seems better in the air, more two footed, more composed - felt like Vik had one mode (explosive) - and I think Wright strikes the ball more cleanly. Needs to be more assertive and aggressive when he gets the ball in space but like you said, signs that he will be.

Hertsccfc

I think he's actually stronger than Vik was in his time here in a few respects. Seems better in the air, more two footed, more composed - felt like Vik had one mode (explosive) - and I think Wright strikes the ball more cleanly. Needs to be more assertive and aggressive when he gets the ball in space but like you said, signs that he will be.
Agreed. He suffered at the start from being seen as the Gyokeres replacement, and still does to an extent. Some fans were expecting him to play exactly like Gyokeres but they have different strengths.

Gyokeres was very strong and direct on the ball and excellent at holding onto the ball. He was also very skillful. As you say though Wright is better at finishing, including with his head, and he is also faster.

ceetee

He does strike the ball very cleanly. In fact some of his " misses"might probably have been goals if he'd not hit them so well

Brighton Sky Blue

Agreed. He suffered at the start from being seen as the Gyokeres replacement, and still does to an extent. Some fans were expecting him to play exactly like Gyokeres but they have different strengths.

Gyokeres was very strong and direct on the ball and excellent at holding onto the ball. He was also very skillful. As you say though Wright is better at finishing, including with his head, and he is also faster.
Both Wright and Simms suffer from the same issue of a lack of self conviction. On the times when that goes away you see some powerful and rapid footballers with decent shots on them.

Unlock them consistently and you’ve got 40+ goals a season.

Mucca Mad Boys

Both Wright and Simms suffer from the same issue of a lack of self conviction. On the times when that goes away you see some powerful and rapid footballers with decent shots on them.

Unlock them consistently and you’ve got 40+ goals a season.

Spot on. Both players have had confidence issues, particularly Simms. If we get them involved in dangerous areas I am convinced we have two players who will smash it in this league.

TomRad85

People keep talking about Wright and Simms together and its really odd. See it all the time on that arse wipe of a Facebook group, but also on here a bit, like they are judged as a duo.
Completely unfair on Wright as currently you'd have Simms down as a disappointment while Wright is one of our most important players.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

Think Robins sums up where he’s at quite well from his press conference today:

I think if he can find that explosive point right from the first whistle then he can be one of the best strikers in the league. That caution and lack of self-belief has been what’s made him a frustrating player to watch at times. But his growing confidence has been great to see.

I think MVE seems to be a great character in the dressing room as well.
O'Hare seems like the key man out of the lot mind, he's been the continuity between old and new

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Boicey

People keep talking about Wright and Simms together and its really odd. See it all the time on that arse wipe of a Facebook group, but also on here a bit, like they are judged as a duo.
Completely unfair on Wright as currently you'd have Simms down as a disappointment while Wright is one of our most important players.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
It’s not really odd in the sense they were bought this summer from our windfall money as a pair of replacement strikers.
I agree they are now increasingly separated as distinct players though. It’s just a matter of time.
Wright is clearly a confidence player and benefits when we are swarming forward with lots of attacks. He needs confidence when it’s a tight match when only a few chances are created and he needs to take one.
It will be interesting when COH goes. Hopefully it won’t dent the team spirit too much…

AOM

I think the intensity of the Championship in the context of the volume and frequency of games is greater than the Dutch, Turkish or Belgian leagues. I think that is part of the reason why it took some players a while to get going.

Yeah, I think this could also apply to Sakamoto.
He was obviously a clever and skillful player even from his first few appearances, but I felt there was a real disconnect between him and the rest of the team where they were at times on completely different wavelengths and I didn't know where he was fitting in.
Guess a language barrier also makes this difficult.

He's been allowed time to mould and integrate himself in the team and now he's one of the first names on the team sheet.
Wright is also showing signs he's adapting well to the league. Simms is still a work in progress, but there is a player there to develop

SBT

Yeah, I think this could also apply to Sakamoto.
He was obviously a clever and skillful player even from his first few appearances, but I felt there was a real disconnect between him and the rest of the team where they were at times on completely different wavelengths and I didn't know where he was fitting in.
Guess a language barrier also makes this difficult.

He's been allowed time to mould and integrate himself in the team and now he's one of the first names on the team sheet.
Wright is also showing signs he's adapting well to the league. Simms is still a work in progress, but there is a player there to develop
I think Sakamoto’s emergence has been quite obviously down to him switching from a position where he’s not very familiar or very good (wing back) to one where he’s very comfortable and effective (winger).

Warwickhunt

Yeah Wright is fantastic. Looked pretty good in the middle as you said; now he's up and running he will continue to score/create and should be on top of goals and assists this season. Teams seem to have cottoned onto to Sakamoto's threat, will be interesting to see if he can continue to score goals; I see no issue for O'Hare, he's just too good.
They keep doubling up on Saka and Va-ewig is supporting him which is leaving the space for COH to work in

steve cooper

I notice in the training videos, whenever there is a group of players encouraging each other and having good natured banter etc. (usually led by MVE and COH), Hadji is usually involved, and seems to be part of that group. He is obviously settling in.

AOM

I think Sakamoto’s emergence has been quite obviously down to him switching from a position where he’s not very familiar or very good (wing back) to one where he’s very comfortable and effective (winger).

Yep, definitely.
With our previous formation, I was struggling to see where he was going to fit in but the change has bought out the best in him and Wright

covcity4life

He has tried near post shot alot. When it doesn't come off ppl moan he's not a good finisher.

Hopefully some learn from todays goal. Not every shot results in a goal and that's okay.

Users who are viewing this thread