Match Thread Huddersfield away (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

Thought Robins got it right today too , if we lost it would have been hard to put it on him ... as his players had enough chances to get something .

It was the only issue from an otherwise very impressive 90

We need to start banging in more goals, it's what's held us back last 5/6 games or so.

Speedie's Head

Thought Robins got it right today too , if we lost it would have been hard to put it on him ... as his players had enough chances to get something .

It was the only issue from an otherwise very impressive 90

Yes no defensive nonsense from him today about starting Dabs in the back three

Finham

Neither Godden nor Walker are lone strikers really, both goal scorers. A positive from today was giving Vik a proper breather
As I said above though, Godden said in his post-match interview that he loves playing up front on his own.

Brighton Sky Blue

Made me laugh from the Stoke forum today about us.......

'What is it with these pricks? Seems to be every week they score in time added on. They're like a turd that won't flush'

Without their gambling tycoon owners they'd still be in the lower leagues. One of if not the biggest financial piss takers in this league

pusbccfc

Godden should have done better with that one in the last minute though!

Johnnythespider

Really pleased we managed another late goal.

But
- we can’t keep picking poor starting lineups then having to waste subs fixing them
- players need to play in their preferred positions
- we have to stop conceding first
- we need to rediscover our high press and high intensity style
- O’Hare has to discover an end product and maybe that should be out of the team for a few games
- we’re still 2 wins in 11 and need to sort this form out and learn to win games

We’re our own worst enemy at times.

Often a late win draw feels like a win but we’ve just stopped ourselves from throwing three points away by throwing two points away instead.
You make some good points but i don't think we can play that high intensity game with O'Hare on the bench, agree with the rest particularly not conceding first

Terry Gibson's perm

Made me laugh from the Stoke forum today about us.......

'What is it with these pricks? Seems to be every week they score in time added on. They're like a turd that won't flush'

Another team that will come to waste time, if these teams weren’t all trying to take the piss wasting time we wouldn’t have time for the late goals. The six minutes today was well short we need a strong ref who adds the real time on and it will easily be double figures.

skybluegod

Another team that will come to waste time, if these teams weren’t all trying to take the piss wasting time we wouldn’t have time for the late goals. The six minutes today was well short we need a strong ref who adds the real time on and it will easily be double figures.

The sky commentators said 'i don't know where he has got 6 minutes from there have only been a few stoppages.' fucking lees wasted 6 minutes alone the two times he went down!

Hobo

Postives:

We got an away point against a team 4 points behind us.

We are still seventh.

We came from behind again and late on which shows great character.

We dominated the game and had some great passages of play.

We created loads of chances.

Their goal was a good one (although I thought our back three dropped too deep too soon, flat footed and unable to pressure the ball coming giving their striker too much space on edge of box) But a very smart finish.

NEGATIVE

We didnt take our chances.

Over all not a bad day at the office.

CCFCSteve

As I said above though, Godden said in his post-match interview that he loves playing up front on his own.

He might do but I don’t see him as being as effective up on his own. Away from home we’ll be playing one up more often and I think a confident Vik plays that role better. Goddens on fire though

CCFCSteve

The sky commentators said 'i don't know where he has got 6 minutes from there have only been a few stoppages.' fucking lees wasted 6 minutes alone the two times he went down!

Then there was a double sub and stoppages in injury time inc goal yet I think he blew whistle on 96:20 ish I think 🤷‍♂️

Warwickhunt

Lees went down on instructions from Carlos Corcoran! I watched him on TV gesticulate to Lees to go down and whilst he was down he was talking to the midfield players to come over and block Kane out the game, didn’t work though :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sky Blue Harry H

I don’t mind sideways to create space if tempos right but we have a habit of playing the ball behind players who then have to slow down or check back

It's the main reason I'd play Maatsen ahead of Dabo on the left. From an attacking perspective, Maatsen is able to whip it in on his left foot and attack the by line , whereas Dabo has to cut back more often than not.

clint van damme

So his plentiful contribution today was playing a 5 yard pass and winning a free kick? When you are performing that well, who needs goals!

That was just a couple of examples.

But just to clarify, does a pass that creates a chance have to be over a certain distance now?

Users who are viewing this thread