Match Thread Huddersfield away (2 Viewers)

Grendel

That was just a couple of examples.

But just to clarify, does a pass that creates a chance have to be over a certain distance now?

Only if it’s O Hare - if it was the other way round it would be clever play by Allen (a player who has scored one goal a season in the championship) and another wasted shot from o hare

Skyblue_CP

Only if it’s O Hare - if it was the other way round it would be clever play by Allen (a player who has scored one goal a season in the championship) and another wasted shot from o hare
What do you mean? O'Hare has by no means ever been a scapegoat in our shirt, he's does some good work, just when hes in the final 3rd he's awful.

LilleSkyBlue

One of the least flattering kits I've ever seen - those white socks look terrible with the pink and blue shirts.

Hummel have been great, but this is bad.

Skyblue_CP

'A 5 yard pass in their half doesnt constitute creating a chance'

I've read some nonsense on this forum but fuck me.
Fair enough, so you would class the 5 yard inside pass on the halfway line from Dabo to Walsh when he went on a mazy run and scored as Dabo creating a chance? The fact some people still try to defend O'Hare's ability in the final 3rd is nothing short of embarrassing. His workrate is brilliant all over the pitch is busy, and opens up space. On the ball in and around opposition penalty areas he is poor.

clint van damme

Fair enough, so you would class the 5 yard inside pass on the halfway line from Dabo to Walsh when he went on a mazy run and scored as Dabo creating a chance? The fact some people still try to defend O'Hare's ability in the final 3rd is nothing short of embarrassing. His workrate is brilliant all over the pitch is busy, and opens up space. On the ball in and around opposition penalty areas he is poor.

The scenario you give is universally classed as an assist everywhere in football except your house by the sound of it.

And I've can't think of one post that's tried to defend O'Hares limitations in the final third, everyone acknowledges it.

Skyblue_CP

The scenario you give is universally classed as an assist everywhere in football except your house by the sound of it.

And I've can't think of one post that's tried to defend O'Hares limitations in the final third, everyone acknowledges it.
I'd say there probably is a difference to a statistical assist and actually creating a chance,

We completely agree then.

Grendel

I'd say there probably is a difference to a statistical assist and actually creating a chance,

We completely agree then.

So if Dabo did not play the pass Walsh scores anyway?

shmmeee

I don’t mind sideways to create space if tempos right but we have a habit of playing the ball behind players who then have to slow down or check back

Think that’s a little bit of lack of quality showing. Our better players do this a lot less than some. Really frustrating though. Same as the needless balls off the ground that take two touches to control.

clint van damme

Can you explain to me, what's so baffling?

For a start, O'Hares 5 yard ball wasn't 50 yards out.
And secondly, it's madness to suggest the ball he slipped through to Allen wasn't creating a chance.
As I said, you would have to apply the same logic to Kelly's assist against Bristol City, which again would be madness.

Skyblue_CP

For a start, O'Hares 5 yard ball wasn't 50 yards out.
And secondly, it's madness to suggest the ball he slipped through to Allen wasn't creating a chance.
As I said, you would have to apply the same logic to Kelly's assist against Bristol City, which again would be madness.
Fair enough, it was closer than I thought, I thought Allen had done more. However were arguing over minor details, when we both agree that he's awful infront of goal, and lacks any real quality on the ball.

Tommo1993

Am a bit thrown out for time now though. Have had more time than usual to do stuff after getting home, but it feels like the game was yesterday rather than earlier.

Gibbo

Three thoughts from abroad

For a bloke who cost £750k (I believe) when he was playing for Peterborough Reseves, we have had very good return on our investment in Godden over 3 years

I still remain very dubious that Jones will ever make it at this or any level, as I think he is just too physically fragile. But those clips from the U23 game earlier this week showed he still has very quick feet and today he provided an assist with a cross. So who knows?

We have a mid-table aquad that is flattering to deceive. This was an away point against a top half club. That is just fine.

Brighton Sky Blue

Three thoughts from abroad

For a bloke who cost £750k (I believe) when he was playing for Peterborough Reseves, we have had very good return on our investment in Godden over 3 years

I still remain very dubious that Jones will ever make it at this or any level, as I think he is just too physically fragile. But those clips from the U23 game earlier this week showed he still has very quick feet and today he provided an assist with a cross. So who knows?

We have a mid-table aquad that is flattering to deceive. This was an away point against a top half club. That is just fine.

If we’re flattering to deceive fuck knows what Huddersfield are doing.

Mcbean

in my opinion those people who think O Hare should be replaced by Jones cant actually watch the games !

Sky Blue Harry H

Well done tp the SBA today:

from the Huddersfield forum (and repeated on various social media)..........

Out-thought, out-fought and very much out-sung.

Coventry fans were excellent today both before and after they went behind. We had no reply either on the pitch or in the stands.

Sadly for us they absolutely deserved that late equaliser.

Tommo1993

in my opinion those people who think O Hare should be replaced by Jones cant actually watch the games !

Personally I don’t think that. Not yet anyway. But if COH carries on flapping it in front of goal, and JJ keeps himself fit and produces goals/assists off the bench, surely it’s a possibility that he could be chosen ahead of him, should the set up ever call for it.

Gint11

I thought overall it was a really good performance and dominated them from start to finish. One lack of concentration and we went 1-0 down, Great finish though.
Our problem today was final 3rd but at least we played higher up the pitch and on the front foot which we didn’t do much of against the baggies.

7th going into Xmas period. We’re doing well.

Offhegoes

Good to see Jamie Allen back to the form from September when he forced himself back into contention. Pleasing performance despite not getting the deserved 3 points. I think Dabo’ time is up and Maatsen will start at LWB against Stoke with Kane on the right. Great to see JJ come on, looking dangerous and creating the goal. He will be an important player for the 2nd half of the season. I do think we need a big spoiler in the middle to break up play

Users who are viewing this thread