Incoming signing - Junior Brown (3 Viewers)

ccfcricoh

we need 1 right back,1 striker(jch or otherwise)

and we are prettymuch done in terms of priority filling positions?
Right back over Grimmer or as backup?

My priorities are:

1 - Striker
2 - DM backup
3 - RB backup

Assuming we lose nobody that is, then anything over that is a bonus!

covcity4life

Right back over Grimmer or as backup?

My priorities are:

1 - Striker
2 - DM backup
3 - RB backup

Assuming we lose nobody that is, then anything over that is a bonus!

back up for grimmer or push him for starting sport

dm we have doyle and kelly,alongside them can have baylis shipley westbrooke so im not sure its urgent priority

3 behind striker got reise asam...new guy!, jones,andreu,shipley,bayliss

im sure robins will upgrade where possible but rb and st only gaping holes currently

hill83

gaping holes

tumblr_lrmxdeVDtm1r3pcbso1_250.gif

ccfcricoh

dm we have doyle and kelly,alongside them can have baylis shipley westbrooke so im not sure its urgent priority

im sure robins will upgrade where possible but rb and st only gaping holes currently
Agree - think it depends what Robins favoured formation will be.

if he goes with 4-2-3-1 think DM could be useful because Bayliss/Shipley aren't really holding players, must admit, don't know much about Westbrooke and whether we're actually likely to see him this year.

Things are looking promising though and with no exodus of players we already have pretty good cover everywhere

SkyBlueCRJ

Agree - think it depends what Robins favoured formation will be.

if he goes with 4-2-3-1 think DM could be useful because Bayliss/Shipley aren't really holding players, must admit, don't know much about Westbrooke and whether we're actually likely to see him this year.

Things are looking promising though and with no exodus of players we already have pretty good cover everywhere

Let's not be overly hasty. There's two months of the window left yet. There'll be at least one or two departures, you'd think.

ccfcricoh

Let's not be overly hasty. There's two months of the window left yet. There'll be at least one or two departures, you'd think.
Oh yes - didn't mean an exodus so far - i meant if there isn't one at all! We can only hope!

One departure i think we can soak up - if we start looking at losing 2/3 of last years main squad we will need a good few more signings to make up for it!

Manchester_sky_blue

Also have Maycock vying for centre mid role dont forget.

SkyBlueCRJ

Oh yes - didn't mean an exodus so far - i meant if there isn't one at all! We can only hope!

One departure i think we can soak up - if we start looking at losing 2/3 of last years main squad we will need a good few more signings to make up for it!

Fingers crossed it's only one departure, however with the amount of interest McNulty, Bayliss and Willis especially will receive, it will be difficult for CCFC to ignore the flurry of bids and enquires that are expected to come in.

Sometimes promotion isn't enough to retain your best players in today's market unfortunately!

If 2/3 do move on though I trust Robins to bring in more than adequate replacements.

Otis

Is Mark Robins a fan of Quentin Tarantino?

We already have Lewis Green on the books and have now just added Junior Brown.

Just wondering if he is trying to recreate Reservoir Dogs.

Let's see if we now go for Ben White from Brighton. If we do I'm turning up to every home game in a tie, sunglasses and a black suit next season.

vow

Ryan Haynes should defo change his name to Mr. Pink.

no_loyalty

An area of the team I think we all identified as needed to be strengthened.

* Very happy with this signing

* As long as he isn't like his namesake Reece or Wes

fernandopartridge

My next target would be central midfield, a player to cover for (and be successor to) Doyle / otherwise cover for Kelly.

I know we've got Maycock, but from what I have seen of him he looks a long way off the standard he needs to get to.

Despite the views of the experts on here, I think the play off games demonstrated the absolute importance of Kelly and Doyle. It'll be even more important next season when you'd imagine teams try and play through midfield a bit more.

Otis

My next target would be central midfield, a player to cover for (and be successor to) Doyle / otherwise cover for Kelly.

I know we've got Maycock, but from what I have seen of him he looks a long way off the standard he needs to get to.

Despite the views of the experts on here, I think the play off games demonstrated the absolute importance of Kelly and Doyle. It'll be even more important next season when you'd imagine teams try and play through midfield a bit more.
Agree and of course we are now in a league above. The lad hasn't even been pushing for a palace at League Two level.

Might be a good idea to get him some loan experience I would have thought.

Captain Dart

lifeskyblue

Agree...Doyle was excellent throughout season but how long can he keep going. In playoffs and few games before Kelly was a revelation as he played a little further forward. Need good strong cover here
As for Brown we all felt robins needed a new left back and we quickly have one. I’m a little concerned re his recovery from injury but certainly should have ability for L1 and poss above. Good signing and shows intent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

He needs a song.

Screenshot_2018-06-05-16-57-40.png

Junior Brown, he is the best
Runs like the wind, hair like a nest
Very quick feet, cannot be beat
Haynes is a clown, not Junior Brown.

Errmm ... it needs some work.

Astute

Agree and of course we are now in a league above. The lad hasn't even been pushing for a palace at League Two level.

Might be a good idea to get him some loan experience I would have thought.
Yeah. But I can only think of one Palace side and they are in the Prem.

Gazolba

We should call him "Junior" and pretend he's Brazilian. Definitely needs that on his shirt.

Magwitch

Robins is doing what he did last season, there were all sorts of rumour and speculation on who we were signing and who we should be after but in the end I don’t think any of last years signings were linked. As for getting rid of Stokes and/or Haynes why ? You can’t have too many left sided players in a squad and Stokes plays left side central defence aswell, i’d keep them both unless there’s someone out the reserves to come in.

Nick

Administrator
Robins is doing what he did last season, there were all sorts of rumour and speculation on who we were signing and who we should be after but in the end I don’t think any of last years signings were linked. As for getting rid of Stokes and/or Haynes why ? You can’t have too many left sided players in a squad and Stokes plays left side central defence aswell, i’d keep them both unless there’s someone out the reserves to come in.
Four left backs is a bit many

Mr Panda

If he can confidently control a ball, look up and pass to a player without ruining one of our attacks then he's already better than what we have :)

Users who are viewing this thread