Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Investment on the Horizon?

The ground is owned by the council. WASP's own the lease. WASP's are prepared to let the lease go. So the council need to buy back the lease and then sell the ground 15 to 20 mill I am led to believe.
I would love this to be true. If you could get the club and ground for £25 to 30 mill that's a much better prospect than just handing £10 to 15 mill over to SISU.

Don't think Mal is on the wind up as he's been reliable in the past but at the same time not going to get my hopes up until there's something to celebrate.
 
Ricoh it makes sense, more income for CCFC
The way the City has been Wasp infested, it's just hard to fathom that it will all change into the opposite way, City having billboards advertising games, our games advertised every 30mins on local radio, changing their crests from big to small like they did us, it would take a very large amount of deep pockets for all this to become true and CCFC owning the Ricoh outright.

A fantasy that I'd love to be a reality.
 
I do know that the rumoured buyer is more than capable of buying them as well (if they choose)
Mentioned that before, what if someone purchased Wasps and CCFC and then slid ACL over to the CCFC side of the business and sold Wasps on.
 
The way the City has been Wasp infested, it's just hard to fathom that it will all change into the opposite way, City having billboards advertising games, our games advertised every 30mins on local radio, changing their crests from big to small like they did us, it would take a very large amount of deep pockets for all this to become true and CCFC owning the Ricoh outright.

A fantasy that I'd love to be a reality.
Especially that big fucking wasp at the hotel entrance defo needs to go!
 
Would this mean the city would get re-branded as the "city of red bull"?
RB Coventry City i'd imagine, yet our future would be so promising that people would refuse to go because of that name change. Was there uproar when we went from Singers F.C to CCFC? Bantams to Sky Blues? I'd take it, seeing the future bright would be a dream that a parent could cherish with his kids.
 
RB Coventry City i'd imagine, yet our future would be so promising that people would refuse to go because of that name change. Was there uproar when we went from Singers F.C to CCFC? Bantams to Sky Blues? I'd take it, seeing the future bright would be a dream that a parent could cherish with his kids.
Too true. it was mentioned to me leaving the cambs game on sunday with my boys by a couple of guys that they would be calling childline for what i had inflicted on them!
 
Mentioned that before, what if someone purchased Wasps and CCFC and then slid ACL over to the CCFC side of the business and sold Wasps on.
I really don't know chief. I am not smart enough to ask the right questions. When I'm being told or things are being said I just listen, it is difficult to pump someone for information who is on the outskirts of what is going on. They do not know for a fact it is just what they had heard. All I am doing is passing the info as promised.
 
Mentioned that before, what if someone purchased Wasps and CCFC and then slid ACL over to the CCFC side of the business and sold Wasps on.

Could they not just buy ACL with a promise of a long term sub lease for Wasps with a shop and some pie money on their match days, and then buy the freehold for the ground from CCC. CCC are out, Wasps are safe as a Rugby Club. Their investors are paid out of the price and CCFC are in control - or rather the purchasers of CCFC who give SISU and Tim a few bob. SISU have unloaded their loss making mistake and the new owners are in the driving seat with a club in a catchment area of over 500000 and in an expanding city. They must have plenty of cash to do all that though......
 
As much as I hate the fact that WASPS got out stadium, the way they promoted themselves and were promoted by Coventrians often at the expense of the football club, I think they should stay, it makes business sense to utilise the stadium, it does bring profile o the city of Coventry - but we won't be their bitches and we can reduce some of their signage/ shops etc.. - its a dream but its a good one
 
Well again we will have days of speculation, hope, long silences. I am not disbelieving Malaka, but if true keeping something of this magnitude quiet I think is impossible, so I wait with bated breath for developments.
 
Unless I've missed it. There has been no official comment from the club in respect of JR1 or JR2 has there?
 
Yes! it was from another source

Thanks for the info and the hope.

It is all we have left.

I, along with another 1137 have just witnessed our 1-0 demolition of Crawley Town.

Crawley were the better side in the second half.

The cost was £21 but the stub will ensure my ticket to Wembley .

So when we are taken over by a rich Oligarch, I don't want any moaning that the stayaways cannot get a ticket.

Malaka, thanks for the updates.

We all hope that your source is correct.

Respect
 
I know OSB always goes against this for a number of reasons way over my simple brain.
However for me the only way to make some serious money out of the Ricoh is the same people who own ACL, Own Wasps and own CCFC.
Also that person has the ability to get CCFC near and the top half of the championship. Whilst still keeping Wasps competitive in the premiership and Europe.
If you can do that then on the sponsorship conferencing and marketing front.
The Ricoh is a gold mine.
I always thought it would be JLR (Tata) doing the lot in the JLR arena.
In a partnership with Moon (whoever they are)
However I thought they would wait till SISU walked away rather than do business with them.
 
Thanks for the info and the hope.

It is all we have left.

I, along with another 1137 have just witnessed our 1-0 demolition of Crawley Town.

Crawley were the better side in the second half.

The cost was £21 but the stub will ensure my ticket to Wembley .

So when we are taken over by a rich Oligarch, I don't want any moaning that the stayaways cannot get a ticket.

Malaka, thanks for the updates.

We all hope that your source is correct.

Respect

£21 for tonights game? Been said they were £10?
 
Could they not just buy ACL with a promise of a long term sub lease for Wasps with a shop and some pie money on their match days, and then buy the freehold for the ground from CCC. CCC are out, Wasps are safe as a Rugby Club. Their investors are paid out of the price and CCFC are in control - or rather the purchasers of CCFC who give SISU and Tim a few bob. SISU have unloaded their loss making mistake and the new owners are in the driving seat with a club in a catchment area of over 500000 and in an expanding city. They must have plenty of cash to do all that though......

I would have thought they are trying to buy the freehold and CCFC
And the cost of the freehold is the issue.
 
I know OSB always goes against this for a number of reasons way over my simple brain.
However for me the only way to make some serious money out of the Ricoh is the same people who own ACL, Own Wasps and own CCFC.
Also that person has the ability to get CCFC near and the top half of the championship. Whilst still keeping Wasps competitive in the premiership and Europe.
If you can do that then on the sponsorship conferencing and marketing front.
The Ricoh is a gold mine.
I always thought it would be JLR (Tata) doing the lot in the JLR arena.
In a partnership with Moon (whoever they are)
However I thought they would wait till SISU walked away rather than do business with them.
I agree and have always thought this, two top teams competing in their respective sports,how
Can that be a bad thing for any owner. I had given up on us being the dominant partner though,
So if these rumours are true even better.
 
As much as I hate the fact that WASPS got out stadium, the way they promoted themselves and were promoted by Coventrians often at the expense of the football club, I think they should stay, it makes business sense to utilise the stadium, it does bring profile o the city of Coventry - but we won't be their bitches and we can reduce some of their signage/ shops etc.. - its a dream but its a good one
I said, tounge in cheek, on another thread that the ideal would be someone buying CCFC and Wasps. Then amalgamate Wasps and CRFC, call them Coventry and get them playing in blue and white! We would have two Coventry teams playing at the Ricoh, one of them a premiership rugby team.
On a more realistic note, I was there tonight and a really soulless experience it was too. Watching our team struggle to beat a very poor Crawley team in a virtuallly empty stadium was a further reminder of how far we have fallen. The thought that we may have reached the bottom with Sunday's performance is too much to hope for. However I do hope and pray that it is true.
 
Sorry don't believe this for one minute, especially the stadium the bit unless they meant the Butts.

1) there would be no need for thr council to buy the lease back and then sell it to ccfc

2) and this is thr biggest thing - the £35m bonds (plus £2m interest pa) that is tied into acl and the lease. Wasps can't just sell the lease to the council or anyone else without bond holders approval and if someone was to buy acl, wasps would likely be required to settle bond first. The lease is worth £40m+ (that's thr valuation the bonds are made on) so they can't sell it the council at a knock down price then the council sell it to the club for £15-20m

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
 
I really don't know what WASP's predicament is. I do know that the rumoured buyer is more than capable of buying them as well (if they choose)

Hi Malaka, thanks for the update. It is much appreciated.

Do you have any info on the rumoured buyer that you can disclose? or if not do you know/or can you disclose if foreign or not?
 
Malaka thanks for the updates mate. Right or wrong you are bringing us a glimmer of hope. Tis the season to be jolly so im putting this top of santas wish list and making my glass half full for a change.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom