Invisble owner and chairman (1 Viewer)

ceetee

The
Not easy at all. If they are here for next season then those season ticket holders need to reconsider for next season.

However, no fans turning up for games will be an absolute embarrassment for Seppala. Media attention for the wrong reasons will hurt her.
The sports section of today's Daily Telegraph doesn't even report TM leaving. L1 and L2 get about one para summary on Sunday and Monday. I don't think a more empty than normal Ricoh is going to hit the headlines. I din

Nick

Administrator
The page pretty much sings from your hymm sheet so it is to be taken with the same level of seriousness as you.
Lets leave that to your own interpretation.

I think the fact you think it is serious shows your level of judgement and blindness to the situation where it is just HATE HATE, ANGRY ANGRY all the time.

When the new ground is built, you won't be going in the stand named after me by the way! :D:wideyed: I will have to speak to fellow board members Les and Mr Strange to see if we can allow you into the ground on the condition you wear one of our "I love Joy" shirts.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I think the fact you think it is serious shows your level of judgement and blindness to the situation where it is just HATE HATE, ANGRY ANGRY all the time.

When the new ground is built, you won't be going in the stand named after me by the way! :D:wideyed: I will have to speak to fellow board members Les and Mr Strange to see if we can allow you into the ground on the condition you wear one of our "I love Joy" shirts.
Can I order mine now

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I got you and LAST pink ones, also got flashing pink cowboy hats so it looks like you are on a hen party!

You will both be in charge of kicking people out who have "Nick out" flags!
You'll
End up with nobody apart from me Last RFC and Grendel in the ground at least I'll have a 50 50 chance of knowing who Grendel is then it's a deal

oucho

I would have though Fisher or someone from the owners would be out batting for their lives as the media tide really is coming in on SISU.
All they have so far is
Les Reid once a week in a free weekly local newspaper.
A Buzz off Wasps facebook page, faceless.
Nick on here.

That's it.
This precisely. As I said in my OP, there hasn't been any public acknowledgement about the petition, or the struggles we've had in the league. They're either trying to kill all the negativity off by ignoring it and hoping it blows over, or they are so full of contempt they have decided they would demean themselves by even acknowledging it (or maybe they cannot be bothered). Either way, the fans expect the people running the club to maintain a public profile and be visible; the very fact they do not do so leads to the feeling that the owners are remote and un-transparent.

Partly it reflects the fact they barely spend any time on us (i.e. Tim and Joy) - and even then it is only as much time as they can bear, they do minimise it as much as possible. Understandably, they are fed up of the whole thing including the fans and local media and just don't want to get involved any more. Unfortunately if you take that approach as a football chairman you are going to come in for criticism as people rightly expect it to be a very public, enthusiastic, drum-banging leadership role.

Anyway, their deafening silence doesn't just tell you why they are disliked and about their attitude to the club - it highlights a way of working that in part explains the mess we're in. Part time people who see the club as a burden and on which they want to spend as little time and effort as possible; it explains why so many things are not run properly, why so many of their efforts are half-arsed, and why they get a bad attitude when other parties make them spend more time than they would like on CCFC by meanly refusing to make their life nice and easy.

CCFC and all the attendant work i.e. media relations is basically a chore for them, they have lost interest in the investment but can't get rid as nobody wants to buy it, they can't bury us because of the terrible PR it would cause (and personal impact on TF as company director) - so they put as little effort in as possible with no enthusiasm for a job that needs lots of passion and hard work. They absolutely reek of simply going through the motions, doing the bare minimum to keep up appearances by ensure we fulfil our fixtures and then getting on with their real lives at the first opportunity. It's a toxic brew.

sky blue john

Some on here have mentioned the club to be worth £1 taking in on the liabilities/debt.
Nobody in their right mind would pay a £1 and take on the £70 million debt.
The only way someone will take on the club is with the debt written off. Obviously they would pay more than a pound.
But the big question is what would JS except in that scenario ?

oucho

Some on here have mentioned the club to be worth £1 taking in on the liabilities/debt.
Nobody in their right mind would pay a £1 and take on the £70 million debt.
The only way someone will take on the club is with the debt written off. Obviously they would pay more than a pound.
But the big question is what would JS except in that scenario ?
Most of the debt was removed through the admin process, it is probably sub 10 million now.

oucho

Not being in finance are you saying someone could very well get the club with no debt for around 10 million?

No. The club is worthless and has no value. The only debt is to SISU and it's investors. IMO the deal would be for SISU either to write off a portion of the debts in exchange for the new owner to come in, take on all ongoing liabilities and operating losses, and take on the remaining portion of the debt to SISU. This would be for a nominal £1.

As a piece of side-trivia, I do know that the £1 is rarely paid/collected. Contracts usually say "for the sum of £1, receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, the ownership is transferred..." - apparently putting a tiny money value in the contract adds to the legal effect of the contract in some way, in a way that wouldn't be the case if it was free, hence it is in the contract but never actually collected (even though it says it is).

Edit - you might ask why SISU would be happy to sign the club over for nothing and write off some of the debt, but the answer is obvious; it will cost them more and more good money after bad to continue to own CCFC, so they just need to get shot of the club to someone else and, given how things are, they will be grateful to do so to the first person who comes along. Of course they will hold out for the best deal they can realistically get and can't advertise the fact they are desperate to get out (as this will hinder their ability to get a good deal if others know they are under pressure to bail out ... would just offer a lower price to SISU.).

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

No. The club is worthless and has no value. The only debt is to SISU and it's investors. IMO the deal would be for SISU either to write off a portion of the debts in exchange for the new owner to come in, take on all ongoing liabilities and operating losses, and take on the remaining portion of the debt to SISU. This would be for a nominal £1.

As a piece of side-trivia, I do know that the £1 is rarely paid/collected. Contracts usually say "for the sum of £1, receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, the ownership is transferred..." - apparently putting a tiny money value in the contract adds to the legal effect of the contract in some way, in a way that wouldn't be the case if it was free, hence it is in the contract but never actually collected (even though it says it is).
So what would be a realistic figure for them to walk

oucho

See edit above...£1 fee, and also agreement to take over some of the debt (no idea what the actual amount is). Others are suggesting a few million in order to get SISU to hand the club over debt free, but that sounds unattractive to me. Even if they did get an offer, it surely wouldn't be the £20-£30m Joy allegedly wants. I'd be amazed if it was more than a couple of million, probably less than £1m. That's the financial reality but Joy has to be in a frame of mind where she is willing to accept, which up to now does not appear to be the case.

Captain Dart

Rodders1

Not easy at all. If they are here for next season then those season ticket holders need to reconsider for next season.

However, no fans turning up for games will be an absolute embarrassment for Seppala. Media attention for the wrong reasons will hurt her.
I will seriously consider not renewing if that's the answer. Literally get all ST holders to boycott next season. That's going to hurt SISU no doubt. Imagine once they sell up - I bet 10k season tickets are sold!!

Rodders1

The point is the club has virtually no assets. The circa £10m debt is purely due to SISU i.e. Paper / not real debt.

So the price that JS is willing to sell at Is subjective. She will want the best price and only she / SISU know what they feel is acceptable.

But the club is basically worthless.

sbadey

No one can see how SISU can make any money from this fiasco,

It can only be about Joy Seppalas reputation now so I think that is the target to attack by any (legal) means available.
Exactly my thoughts Capt any protest or placard or publicity we create should personalise it to read " JOY SEPALA OUT " I truly believe that would have a direct and profound effect because one thing these sort of people value above all else is their personel name and reputation in investment/business circles, which is why they hide behind sisu/otium/avro etc....

Sent from my Versus TouchPad 9 using Tapatalk

SkyBlueScottie

Ok, there may be logistical reasons getting access to everybody who is a season ticket holder and to be taken seriously ( the last thing we need is a letter with more signatures thatn the amount of season tickets sold, so the wording can be done as we the undersigned will not purchase any tickets for the next season, then print name name and seat no etc.

afan4life

Any chance?
Their lack of communication since a minimalistic official statement yesterday just proves how much contempt they have for fans

Roll on the next game at Wasps arena ..action speaks louder than words;);)

Astute

SISU have fans? Have only ever seen it said in jest or on a wind up.

rupert_bear

Exactly my thoughts Capt any protest or placard or publicity we create should personalise it to read " JOY SEPALA OUT " I truly believe that would have a direct and profound effect because one thing these sort of people value above all else is their personel name and reputation in investment/business circles, which is why they hide behind sisu/otium/avro etc....

Sent from my Versus TouchPad 9 using Tapatalk
Agree with that, this should be personalised to Sepalla no insults or accusations just placards carrying her name pointing out things that have happened, Northampton, Acadamy threat, pending loss of training ground, debacle over the Ricoh, starving club of cash, large turnover of directors, c.e.o's. she won't like that and it's her name business types in her circle associate with not Fisher who is just a piddling little chairman of a small football club.

oucho

If someone offered SISU £10m I think Joy would be gone ASAP.
You bet she would. She'll never get that though, the club is worth nothing like that even with the debt. Nobody will offer £10m for that as it has no value. It is a loss-making company entity which owns a training site, rents a club shop, has a lease on a stadium, and has a load of employees on contract and some on salary. There isn't £10m of value there.

ajsccfc

No, that's what happens when you reword a sentiment already expressed in a thread with a title that makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread