Match Thread Ipswich Town - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 2nd Dec (3 Viewers)

Boicey

Are we talking performance or tactics ? Players can play poorly no matter how good the tactics
I mean virtually everyone can see Robins played the wrong formation and wrong players, leaving out Collins, Bidwell and Kitching) for the vast majority of the season. As well as the usual favourites and subs nonsense.
Never mind the potential waste of £m's on disappointing transfers.
Objectively he's had a very poor start.

Evo1883

I mean virtually everyone can see Robins played the wrong formation and wrong players, leaving out Collins, Bidwell and Kitching) for the vast majority of the season. As well as the usual favourites and subs nonsense.
Never mind the potential waste of £m's on disappointing transfers.
Objectively he's had a very poor start.

I don't think I'm arguing we got it wrong today .. we did .

Hard to argue we've got it wrong all season when we have 2 players in the top 5 of big chances missed and all the stats show we should be much higher based off performances ..

The change of formation has helped us solidify and add a new fresh approach sure

calibrase6

Anyway, draw a line under it. For context we lost at Burnley and Sheffield United last season so it's not necessarily the sign of some great regression. I think Ipswich will last the course.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
we gave Burnley and Sheff Utd far harder matches than we gave Ipswich today who clearly were in 3rd gear in 2nd half. both were far better than Ipswich as well.
Doyle and McNally are massive losses. Kitching and Thomas are significant downgrades on them

calibrase6

Offers more of a threat than Joel
also less defensively sound. At the moment i want us going back to basics and grinding out results and being horrible to play against. That means having the best defenders in the back 4 less error prone. January is massive for us recruitment wise as clearly we are way short of what Robins wants to put his actual plan in to work

pusbccfc

Londonccfcfan

Sure , but it was obvious he was trying to stop them playing through the middle .. didn't work , could have worked if the players did their jobs ? But they never
Disagree. Was about having the right personall. Negative tactics. He can't come out after every game and say the players are getting used to each other blah blah..then change the team and left field tactics at that! The players looked lost first 30 mins by all accounts.

Martin180

we gave Burnley and Sheff Utd far harder matches than we gave Ipswich today who clearly were in 3rd gear in 2nd half. both were far better than Ipswich as well.
Doyle and McNally are massive losses. Kitching and Thomas are significant downgrades on them
Kitching is better than McNally

SkyBlue_Bear83

Hopefully this is just a blip, 3 points next week v birmingham and it will be 10 points in 5 games and we will be looking up the table again.

Robins needs to stop with the godden shit and focus on investing game time in the two strikers he spent £15 million on who will be here for the next 4 years.

Nick

Administrator
Sure , but it was obvious he was trying to stop them playing through the middle .. didn't work , could have worked if the players did their jobs ? But they never

Yeah and they scored from wide.

Can't just randomly change things and say "players didn't do what I asked". He could ask the players to go and score 15 goals and then blame them for not.

He fucked up

Evo1883

Yeah and they scored from wide.

Can't just randomly change things and say "players didn't do what I asked". He could ask the players to go and score 15 goals and then blame them for not.

He fucked up

I know he fucked up but ayari jogged by the side of the lad out wide who switched the ball .. first goal was through the middle

Players didn't do their jobs too that's all I'm saying

covcity4life

Make no mistake they were much better than us

But it's away game Vs a top team. Let's get back to winniNG ways on Friday and move on. Overall progress is what matters

Boicey

Like I've said the game was pretty even , they had 2 fantastic moments .. first half battered us ? They had 9 shots to our 6
Some people will never understand how a superior team 2 nil up take their foot off and relax.
That really isn't 'pretty even' and the stats are warped by the losing chasing team, including xg yawwwwwn..

Users who are viewing this thread