its liquidation (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Sheepy

Ricoh Arena/ACL says it rejected CVA in best interests of #CCFC & fans against owners who brought "catastrophic insolvency"
I don't see what benefit there is? We start on -15 at best, the share will be handed to SISU and we still play in Northampton so we're a league 2 club with the same owners + still no ground. Where's the benefit?!

James Smith

Last edited:

James Smith

I can't help but look back at Tim Fishers comments "why would SISU sell where were at the bottom of the cycle". new lows every fucking day

Why when Tim and Bottom come up do I wish he'd disappear up his own one.

ajsccfc

I'm glad ACL have my best interests at heart. It doesn't really feel like they've done me a favour today for some reason though.

Brighton Sky Blue

They have helped the club -- they have sanctioned an alternate ground. Portsmouth exited the administration process correctly. The council have decided that will not happen in our case.

By sanctioning the groundshare they are adding legitimacy to the idiotic notion that the Ricoh isn't available for use. They went to some lengths to refuse any other bidder for Portsmouth except the fans trust and broke their own rules on the dates for points deductions during a league season.

They are as complicit as anybody.

Brighton Sky Blue

Maybe we won't get -15 or any deduction?
It wasn't the club that rejected the CVA, it was the wicked landlord!
I don't see why we should get penalised for something outside our control?

:pimp:

The figure quoted applies for those leaving admin without a CVA. Holdings never has been in that situation and as the actual footballing entity shouldn't be hit further.

DazzleTommyDazzle

They have helped the club -- they have sanctioned an alternate ground. Portsmouth exited the administration process correctly. The council have decided that will not happen in our case.

Sanctioning the groundshare was certainly helpful to SISU, but was in no way helpful to the club.

James Smith

good, now the council get a big fat £0,

ACL will be bust within 1 year and guess who will buy the ricoh???!!!!

Actually I just thought this, Ltd had the option to buy the Higgs share that has now ceased I think, I'll try and find the relevant info later. But if so then they're free to sell to whoever, and that could be PH4 for example. So he could quite happily buy that share and the council would probably be happier to sell to him.

When SISU get bored of having no fans at Sixfields watching lower league football at what was once our club and actually don't do any work on the White Elephant stadium what are they going to do? Unless the reason SISU din't take that last offer was to distress ACL then I don't understand why they didn't take it. Financially we would have been far better off under FFP at the Ricoh the F&B was still on the table as well wasn't it? I think someone said it was maybe OSB58.

The Penguin

Maybe we won't get -15 or any deduction?
It wasn't the club that rejected the CVA, it was the wicked landlord!
I don't see why we should get penalised for something outside our control?

:pimp:

Let us know when you're returned from cloud cuckoo land, yeah?

Can you imagine the outcry from Rotherham, Leeds et al if we got away with this? It would make even more of a mockery of the Football League than has already been made of them by themselves.

Also, I really don't think it matters who rejected the CVA.

Agree with your last line though. Well, insofar as it applies to us, the supporters, who are being shafted once again.

The Penguin

The figure quoted applies for those leaving admin without a CVA. Holdings never has been in that situation and as the actual footballing entity shouldn't be hit further.

Was that not suggested by many on here last year when we were given our initial points penalty? Didn't seem to matter. The FL apparently view all related companies as linked, it seems.

Houdi

In truth what has changed today? A non-trading shell company will be liquidated. There was no indication even if the CVA had been signed that SISU were intent on returning to the Ricoh. At least now there can be a proper investigation into how the club has been 'managed' or mismanaged. The vast majority of the fans have no intention of going to Northampton, so the 15 point reduction although hurting the club, must also hurt SISU.
CCFC have effectively already left Coventry, today just confirms that.

Brighton Sky Blue

Was that not suggested by many on here last year when we were given our initial points penalty? Didn't seem to matter. The FL apparently view all related companies as linked, it seems.

Back then which business was the actual club was under major dispute. If it (the GS) is now awarded back to Holdings then there is no doubt.

Brighton Sky Blue

It should also be emphasised to the League that this is not a classic case of a club running out of money and defaulting-this is careful manipulation by the club's owners aimed at targeting ACL.

The Penguin

Back then which business was the actual club was under major dispute. If it (the GS) is now awarded back to Holdings then there is no doubt.

Good point.

If we don't get penalised then I shall unreservedly apologise to grego_gee, and move to cloud cuckoo land with him :wave:

stupot07

It should also be emphasised to the League that this is not a classic case of a club running out of money and defaulting-this is careful manipulation by the club's owners aimed at targeting ACL.

we've only not run out of money because the owners have continued to cover losses (like 99% clubs)

Nick

Administrator
BREAKING: unconfirmed but being told again League minded to transfer share to Otium & 15pt penalty

Breaking: unconfirmed sources League's rejected ACL's complaint to its Disciplinary Commission against Northampton groundshare

BREAKING: I'm told Football League board meets today to discuss #CCFC sanctions now CVA rejected, & share transfer.

Delboycov

"They want it all their own way...they're not going to move 1% this way 1% the other...if they can't play ball then get out SISU. It breaks my heart...it breaks all the football fans hearts in this city and enough is enough SISU! Get out of my town... get out of my city! I'VE HAD ENOUGH"

Nigel Warren

Amused by his rant at the time but I know exactly how he feels now!

Nick

Administrator
"They want it all their own way...they're not going to move 1% this way 1% the other...if they can't play ball then get out SISU. It breaks my heart...it breaks all the football fans hearts in this city and enough is enough SISU! Get out of my town... get out of my city! I'VE HAD ENOUGH"

Nigel Warren

Amused by his rant at the time but I know exactly how he feels now!

Do you mean this?

Buster

we've only not run out of money because the owners have continued to cover losses (like 99% clubs)

Stupot Grendal CCFC 4 life Paxman Etal answer me this question if you would be so kind? Do you think that Sisu's decision not to accept ACL's latest offer was a deliberate attempt to distress ACL. If it is do you think that this is justifiable and to be condoned. If it's not, why do you think that they didn't accept it?.

skyblueexile

Been talking to a friend - an Insolvency Practitioner

Insolvency means out of league!

he would recommend a new CVA - sadly SISU as main creditor MUST consent

Revenue reject every CVA as matter of course

Sky Blue Kid

Les Reid ‏@Lesreidpolitics 30m @cllr_kevinmaton I have tweted it Kevin. Appleton said ACL amendments would be unlawful so moved to vote on his CVA proposal @covtelegraph Expand Cllr. Kevin Maton ‏@Cllr_KevinMaton 14m @Lesreidpolitics So were creditors expected to sign CVA without anything else - no agreement on where CCFC would play, rent, JR actions etc?..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................I say. I totally agree with Cllr Maton on this. Nothing said about SISU telling ACL "To sign CVA before they withdraw JS though was there?"

stupot07

Stupot Grendal CCFC 4 life Paxman Etal answer me this question if you would be so kind? Do you think that Sisu's decision not to accept ACL's latest offer was a deliberate attempt to distress ACL. If it is do you think that this is justifiable and to be condoned. If it's not, why do you think that they didn't accept it?.

No, I think they refused the offer because as ACL were refusing to sign the CVA.

ACL have told us they can survive without the club, they offered £150k rent, they should be able to recoup £150k easily through 3-4 smallish events, so I can't see how they can distress ACL.

Users who are viewing this thread