James Maddison sell on clause? Bid from WEST HAM (1 Viewer)

Grendel

The only thing weird is your hatred and obsession over Biamou. I feel for you, it must be so hard living as a man who hardly ever feels joy.

Well I clearly do feel joy but not over a young footballer making his debut for Leicester

Grendel

Can’t be. Wilson was a one season wonder in league one according to the Maddison expert.

Not me I said Maddison would play in the premier league and as you never saw Wilson play how can you pass comment

Grendel

Yet your all over the thread like a nasty little rash? You bitter little man.

How on Earth am I bitter?

I was a big advocate of Murphy when here but the minute he left the club I had no interest

I watched forest a few times in their glory years but had no more interest in Wallace then any other player.

Player leaves i have no interest and I’m baffled why anyone else does.

Perhaps we should have a separate section for him so those interested can follow his progress.

Hobo

How on Earth am I bitter?

I was a big advocate of Murphy when here but the minute he left the club I had no interest

I watched forest a few times in their glory years but had no more interest in Wallace then any other player.

Player leaves i have no interest and I’m baffled why anyone else does.

Perhaps we should have a separate section for him so those interested can follow his progress.

Good explanation but you are following a thread about a player that has left the club and commenting...that's a contradiction in itself.

Sky Blue Pete

Chris H: A year ago I watched James Maddison win a game for Norwich, then speak with incredible maturity afterwards. I said to my wife "I'd put money on him captaining England one day". Fuming with myself for not actually making that bet at the time.

Sky Blue Pete

Connor McNamara

I thought James Maddison played well tonight. We haven't seen him on this stage but he got stuck in, and once he settles into the Premier League, he is going to be one to watch because there aren't many British-born payers like him that have real flair.

skybluetony176

Not me I said Maddison would play in the premier league and as you never saw Wilson play how can you pass comment

So I never seen Wilson (other than highlights) yet I knew he was better than a one season wonder in league one. You did see him yet you thought he was a one season wonder in league one. You really do know fuck all about football. Thanks for confirming it. We all knew it anyway.

higgs

Could be a star player in the next world cup could he be the missing link to bring it home

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Grendel

So I never seen Wilson (other than highlights) yet I knew he was better than a one season wonder in league one. You did see him yet you thought he was a one season wonder in league one. You really do know fuck all about football. Thanks for confirming it. We all knew it anyway.

I of course never said he was a one season wonder Tony and would love to see you find a post that said I did.

What I did say was that we received a good fee for him which everyone who does know anything about football acknowledged as being correct.

Calista

I of course never said he was a one season wonder Tony and would love to see you find a post that said I did.

What I did say was that we received a good fee for him which everyone who does know anything about football acknowledged as being correct.
Got to disagree. I cannot understand how people can see a player like Maddison come through the ranks, then not feel the slightest pain when they are sold so soon, before we’ve had time to enjoy watching them play for us or help us up the leagues. I mean he was a joy to watch and obviously future England material, so when he went to Norwich it felt like a kick in the stomach to me. Yet some people on here didn’t rate him that highly, and were pleased that we’d got a couple of million for him.

OK he was bound to move on at some stage, but we basically took the money at the first opportunity. It was a bad mistake IMO and still hurts when I think about it. If it doesn’t bother you in the slightest that L*****ter are now getting the benefit, that’s very hard for me to understand. More recently the policy seems to have changed a bit, and I hope that’s true because we need to hold onto talent for longer. You say “who cares about talent anyway” – well surely we all do, we’re football fans?

harvey098

I’m so torn as to whether I want him to do well for us. Before he went to Norwich I requested odds with a bookie that he would play for England and they never replied to my email. I never really chased it up and now I kind of hope selfishly he doesn’t. Equally, it would be hilarious as Grendel compares him to Bigi

clint van damme

I really don't understand the ridiculous amount of interest shown in him by Cov supporters.
I honestly couldn't give a fuck about him.

better days

I really don't understand the ridiculous amount of interest shown in him by Cov supporters.
I can understand your position and fair enough
But Madders keeps in touch with his mates he played with here and has attended games as a fan since he left
That's perhaps why other fans still look out for him and want him to do well

Sbarcher

Just wondering, we’ve had the bunce from his sale to Leicester. Is that the end of the sell-on money or are contracts written so it sticks for any future moves?

Terry_dactyl

Just wondering, we’ve had the bunce from his sale to Leicester. Is that the end of the sell-on money or are contracts written so it sticks for any future moves?
I don’t think future moves will see us get anything but I seem to remember it being said that england caps, prem appearances etc would get us an income. Didn’t old whatshisface say that he’d brokered a deal that would see city benefit for the duration of Maddison’s career?

*you know, that bloke who was the tactical, ‘money ball’ genius. He was here for 5 mins while Mowbray was manager? Possibly German?

Hobo

But you couldn't resist reading this thread...

Robccfc87

I'll throw this up as I said it whilst JM was at Norwich: I reckon he will be Spurs next big signing to replace Eriksen. Please wait a few years to shoot me down!!

clint van damme

But you couldn't resist reading this thread...

Logged into twitter this morning and my feed was full of city supporters talking about him. Didn't know the result and honestly thought he'd scored a hat trick or something the way they were all gushing over him.
Just don't get it

Esoterica

There's an Aberdeen fan out here who regularly asks how Jack Grimmer is getting on and even watched his interview posted by SkyBlueOl after I mentioned it. Some people are just interested in the development of players that have come through their system and made their debuts for their hometown clubs. It's just pride in their academy and their city. Totally understand people who are not interested either especially when it's a local rival he's just made his PL debut for. Can't believe it's a bone of contention though, there's literally nothing that won't get argued about on here!

clint van damme

There's an Aberdeen fan out here who regularly asks how Jack Grimmer is getting on and even watched his interview posted by SkyBlueOl after I mentioned it. Some people are just interested in the development of players that have come through their system and made their debuts for their hometown clubs. It's just pride in their academy and their city. Totally understand people who are not interested either especially when it's a local rival he's just made his PL debut for. Can't believe it's a bone of contention though, there's literally nothing that won't get argued about on here!
Sorry to continue the argument (!) But I was just asking. Personally I don't get it and having listened to the reasons put forward for the continuing interest still don't!
That's just my take on it. Each to their own, Just wish my twitter fed wasn't full of it because I couldn't give a fuck.

Hobo

Logged into twitter this morning and my feed was full of city supporters talking about him. Didn't know the result and honestly thought he'd scored a hat trick or something the way they were all gushing over him.
Just don't get it

Ha ha ha I take your point. He had a decent game in what was a decent game but no more.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Got to disagree. I cannot understand how people can see a player like Maddison come through the ranks, then not feel the slightest pain when they are sold so soon, before we’ve had time to enjoy watching them play for us or help us up the leagues. I mean he was a joy to watch and obviously future England material, so when he went to Norwich it felt like a kick in the stomach to me. Yet some people on here didn’t rate him that highly, and were pleased that we’d got a couple of million for him.

OK he was bound to move on at some stage, but we basically took the money at the first opportunity. It was a bad mistake IMO and still hurts when I think about it. If it doesn’t bother you in the slightest that L*****ter are now getting the benefit, that’s very hard for me to understand. More recently the policy seems to have changed a bit, and I hope that’s true because we need to hold onto talent for longer. You say “who cares about talent anyway” – well surely we all do, we’re football fans?
Well said Calista, " your bang on the money " :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread