Transfer Rumour Jerry Yates (1 Viewer)

Happy_Martian

Matt smith

I'd personally actually prefer Vente, more interesting and scope for large value increase. Yates will do a job but don't think he will surprise anyone.
That’s the think you know what you’re getting with Yates, a good striker but I cant see him developing from what he is currently

where as with a vente I can see a lot of growth, as you can with a lot of the European market

unfortunately some of our recruitment in that market has been absolutely dog shit

TomRad85

I think if you're looking at getting in 2 strikers then you're probably looking at a proven championship striker and someone from overseas who's cheaper but a touch more of a gamble. Only rumours but it seems that ourselves, Swansea and Sunderland were ideally looking at acquiring Simms and Vente as first choice (us and Swansea having Yates as a Simms back up plan.) If we are able to secure Vente on top of the signing of Simms, beating out contenders who would definitely have gazumped us in recent years then its a very good sign for the club going forward.

Matt smith

I think if you're looking at getting in 2 strikers then you're probably looking at a proven championship striker and someone from overseas who's cheaper but a touch more of a gamble. Only rumours but it seems that ourselves, Swansea and Sunderland were ideally looking at acquiring Simms and Vente as first choice (us and Swansea having Yates as a Simms back up plan.) If we are able to secure Vente on top of the signing of Simms, beating out contenders who would definitely have gazumped us in recent years then its a very good sign for the club going forward.
Completely agree mate

mmttww

Not sure why everyone’s suddenly in love with a guy from the Dutch lower leagues who we’d never heard of two weeks ago.
Like a big Swede who Swansea fans thought was useless, or a no-name from Holland? Don't think 'in love' has come through in any of the talk about him. Also - wrong thread? This is about Yates (Swansea).

David O'Day

Like a big Swede who Swansea fans thought was useless, or a no-name from Holland? Don't think 'in love' has come through in any of the talk about him. Also - wrong thread? This is about Yates (Swansea).
The Swansea fans laughing because we'd actually paid a fee for him

SBT

The thread is full of people saying they’d rather have Vente over a guy who scored 14 goals in the Championship last season!

mmttww

The thread is full of people saying they’d rather have Vente over a guy who scored 14 goals in the Championship last season!
OK, with you now. Fair point. Still think most people's issue is around age and cost, one vs. the other, mind.

coop

People make me laugh saying Yates and Murphy were at the training ground we are after this player that player no one knows fuck all apart from MR and the recruitment team.

Users who are viewing this thread