Transfer Rumour Jerry Yates (1 Viewer)

Happy_Martian

Jan 1, 2013

TomRad85

Apr 30, 2018
I think a combined £7-12m on Yates and Simms would have been too much.
I think us and Swansea both had Simms as first choice and Yates as second choice, reading between the lines. 1-0 Cov

Matt smith

May 12, 2022
I'd personally actually prefer Vente, more interesting and scope for large value increase. Yates will do a job but don't think he will surprise anyone.
That’s the think you know what you’re getting with Yates, a good striker but I cant see him developing from what he is currently

where as with a vente I can see a lot of growth, as you can with a lot of the European market

unfortunately some of our recruitment in that market has been absolutely dog shit

TomRad85

Apr 30, 2018
I think if you're looking at getting in 2 strikers then you're probably looking at a proven championship striker and someone from overseas who's cheaper but a touch more of a gamble. Only rumours but it seems that ourselves, Swansea and Sunderland were ideally looking at acquiring Simms and Vente as first choice (us and Swansea having Yates as a Simms back up plan.) If we are able to secure Vente on top of the signing of Simms, beating out contenders who would definitely have gazumped us in recent years then its a very good sign for the club going forward.

Matt smith

May 12, 2022
I think if you're looking at getting in 2 strikers then you're probably looking at a proven championship striker and someone from overseas who's cheaper but a touch more of a gamble. Only rumours but it seems that ourselves, Swansea and Sunderland were ideally looking at acquiring Simms and Vente as first choice (us and Swansea having Yates as a Simms back up plan.) If we are able to secure Vente on top of the signing of Simms, beating out contenders who would definitely have gazumped us in recent years then its a very good sign for the club going forward.
Completely agree mate

Reactions: TomRad85

mmttww

Jan 22, 2014
Not sure why everyone’s suddenly in love with a guy from the Dutch lower leagues who we’d never heard of two weeks ago.
Like a big Swede who Swansea fans thought was useless, or a no-name from Holland? Don't think 'in love' has come through in any of the talk about him. Also - wrong thread? This is about Yates (Swansea).

Reactions: fatso

David O'Day

Feb 28, 2015
Like a big Swede who Swansea fans thought was useless, or a no-name from Holland? Don't think 'in love' has come through in any of the talk about him. Also - wrong thread? This is about Yates (Swansea).
The Swansea fans laughing because we'd actually paid a fee for him

SBT

Sep 14, 2012
The thread is full of people saying they’d rather have Vente over a guy who scored 14 goals in the Championship last season!

mmttww

Jan 22, 2014
The thread is full of people saying they’d rather have Vente over a guy who scored 14 goals in the Championship last season!
OK, with you now. Fair point. Still think most people's issue is around age and cost, one vs. the other, mind.

Tommo1993

Apr 14, 2019
We can do so much better than that Vente bloke.

coop

Aug 30, 2011
People make me laugh saying Yates and Murphy were at the training ground we are after this player that player no one knows fuck all apart from MR and the recruitment team.

Reactions: Jay Cee

Users who are viewing this thread