Joshua - Martin Fight (2 Viewers)

Covstu

Chisora is another bum, joshua would end him in 3 rounds

Hadji10

Chisora is not a bum at all. He's only lost to Fury, Haye and Klitshcko. (Also lost to Helenius but that was a robbery)

It's a stepping stone fight for Joshua, which is what he needs for his career. He could beat that Martin on his pro debut. He's still not progressed, I have no idea whether Joshua is any good or not and that's the problem with having 4 world titles, you can be a prospect and a world champion at the same time.

Covstu

Disagree, he couldn't compete with the big boys so has been fighting mid to low ranked fighters since. He has found his level.

ready_96

I tell you eddie hearn and sky sports over hype everything. All the fights were ridiculously one sided and it's a consistent trend on all of his cards. Joshua still untested and i think martin came for the pay day and the occasion of just being involved in a big event. He knew he wouldnt win and just tried to cash in fury's IBF strap for a few million.

Chisoras fighting pulev for the European tittle. And it's an eliminatior for the IBF so joshuas got the winner. I think the joseph parker fight would be a decent test. I like the jennings fight aswell. He beats all of them, the only time your gonna see him tested is in a year or two's time. When he gets put in with haye, fury or vlad. Then you'll see him in a proper fight

Hadji10

That Martin quit last night. Hearn can't put on a good fight to save his life, he matches all his fighters easy in the hope of getting that one big fight. Callum Smith is a prime example.

Pipehitterz

Hearn promotions aren't always one sided. There's been some amazing dust ups on his nights.
And chisora is far from a bum. It would be Joshua's biggest test for sure.

Greggs

He will probably beat Martin but Joshua is nowhere near world level. Martin won the title by default. Joshua needed another 12-18 months development before being thrusted into a world title fight, because once you get the belt you have to face the best.

Like Kell Brook? JoJo Dan and Bizier were hardly 'the best'

Greggs

Both Mandatories, not a lot you can do about that.

And which of Joshua's mandatories will trouble him? He will be fighting plumbers and builders again soon, on PPV i'm sure! Chisora is ranked in the top 10 by the IBF!

Hadji10

And which of Joshua's mandatories will trouble him? He will be fighting plumbers and builders again soon, on PPV i'm sure! Chisora is ranked in the top 10 by the IBF!

His next mandatory is either Parker or Takam. Takam is a very good heavyweight, Parker is a bit like Joshua in the sense he's a prospect who's banged out a load of shite, but if he beats Takam he is fringe world level so either of them would be a big step up for Joshua.

Also I'd imagine the IBF will be giving Glazkov a shot at the title considering what happened in his fight with Martin back in January.

dancers lance

Joshua, Wilder and Haye would all take Fury, the bloke is a poor fighter and is one of the worst heavyweight champs of all time, he beat a fighter that should have retired a few years back by slapping and smothering him, and he's a bigot.

Pipehitterz

Amazed at the hate towards fury. He just took Mr unbeatable to the cleaners and did it with relative ease.
Very very clever boxer and very very underrated IMO Tyson fury .
What makes everyone think he's shit ? His record at fighting harder Fighters is better than Wilder even , I just think it's the pikie issue , cuz look at his actual record and he's possibly the Best record out there.
He would beat everyone out there right now .
People mentioning klit , forget him , he's finished if he can't do anything to fury next time, and to be honest I saw an old man who was very past it against fury , he offered nothing Then and to be honest he's offered nothing for year fighting bums
Hearn says this morning on the net that it's likely to be an American opponent next, they're gonna fast track joshua into USA hearts , I can't imagine a fight with fury for a couple years now , a couple americans then wilder , if wilder holds onto his belt

Hadji10

Right now Fury would win the fight against Joshua easy on points.

If Haye is half as good as what he once was he smashes Joshua inside 4. Target practise.

Hadji10

Joshua, Wilder and Haye would all take Fury, the bloke is a poor fighter and is one of the worst heavyweight champs of all time, he beat a fighter that should have retired a few years back by slapping and smothering him, and he's a bigot.

Hahahahaha, clueless.

He's a bigot? Suppose that's worse than being a drug dealer though yeah?

Greggs

His next mandatory is either Parker or Takam. Takam is a very good heavyweight, Parker is a bit like Joshua in the sense he's a prospect who's banged out a load of shite, but if he beats Takam he is fringe world level so either of them would be a big step up for Joshua.

Also I'd imagine the IBF will be giving Glazkov a shot at the title considering what happened in his fight with Martin back in January.

No it aint, CHisora is fighting for the European and a mandatory spot.

CCFC88

Both Mandatories, not a lot you can do about that.

Im a huge Kell Brook fan and the mandatories have to be done, but he shouldnt be fighting Frankie Gavin at the top of a box office card. Think the Chaves fight would have been more competitive but he was still another guy who has proven not to be at world level. Next fight will be a big name though, it has to be for his and hearns credibility.

ready_96

Hearns now talking about getting Joshua back out on July 9th at Wembley, which the same night as fury is fighting at old trafford....

Joshua has to step up in his next fight, stiverne could be a good test. Wilder couldn't stop him so it would be a good gauge to see how good he actually is

Hadji10

Im a huge Kell Brook fan and the mandatories have to be done, but he shouldnt be fighting Frankie Gavin at the top of a box office card. Think the Chaves fight would have been more competitive but he was still another guy who has proven not to be at world level. Next fight will be a big name though, it has to be for his and hearns credibility.

No I agree with all of that.

And yeah Stiverne would be a decent step up. Rumours are its going to be Malik Scott, and if so that's a fucking disgrace.

CCFC88

Not sure Chisora is much better than Dyllan White, although thats a fight Id like to watch, styles make fights and their styles would make for a very entertaing 36 minutes or less.

He was KO'd by haye who is a pumped up cruiserweight, no way he would handle the power of AJ, I think that fight would be over in 2/3. Theres only so many people left that you can put AJ in with that he isnt going to blow away, if you want him to progress and be tested it has to be a ortiz or Pulev, although I expect Hearn to just roll him out at the 02 a couple more times this year to defend his title against no hopers inbetween mandatories to keep the turnover ticking. Would like to be proven wrong though.

ready_96

Malik Scott wouldn't be my choice aha whoever it is it wont be a very dangerous fight, it'll be someone that looks like a step up on paper to get the ppv buys but actually it's another easy job for AJ.

Kell Brook will have to go to america again to get a decent fight, because they will all ask for too much money to come and fight him in sheffield. he needs one good win verses someone proven then possibly go up in weight and go after khan again, that fight needs to be made!

Hadji10

Not sure Chisora is much better than Dyllan White, although thats a fight Id like to watch, styles make fights and their styles would make for a very entertaing 36 minutes or less.

He was KO'd by haye who is a pumped up cruiserweight, no way he would handle the power of AJ, I think that fight would be over in 2/3. Theres only so many people left that you can put AJ in with that he isnt going to blow away, if you want him to progress and be tested it has to be a ortiz or Pulev, although I expect Hearn to just roll him out at the 02 a couple more times this year to defend his title against no hopers inbetween mandatories to keep the turnover ticking. Would like to be proven wrong though.

I genuinely think Luis Ortiz is the best heavyweight on the planet. He's in the 'who needs me camp'. Doesn't have a title or a lot of money behind him so everyone will avoid him.

I can't wait for Usyk to move up, this guy looks the real deal. Won the Olympic heavyweight title in London in 2012 and looks brilliant in the pros. Him v AJ 3/4 years down the line could be huge providing they both keep winning. I think Usyk will be the next dominant HW Champ.

NorthernWisdom

Amazed at the hate towards fury. He just took Mr unbeatable to the cleaners and did it with relative ease.
Very very clever boxer and very very underrated IMO Tyson fury .
What makes everyone think he's shit ? His record at fighting harder Fighters is better than Wilder even , I just think it's the pikie issue , cuz look at his actual record and he's possibly the Best record out there.
He would beat everyone out there right now .
People mentioning klit , forget him , he's finished if he can't do anything to fury next time, and to be honest I saw an old man who was very past it against fury , he offered nothing Then and to be honest he's offered nothing for year fighting bums
Hearn says this morning on the net that it's likely to be an American opponent next, they're gonna fast track joshua into USA hearts , I can't imagine a fight with fury for a couple years now , a couple americans then wilder , if wilder holds onto his belt

Personally I don't think he's shit, and his win over Klitschko was very impressive.

Still not convinced he'll win the re-match, though! He had a certain element of surprise for the first fight - to a degree ther-match will be the making or breaking of himn, as if he *does* win it ouht to set him up nicely to be properly respected.

Pipehitterz

Klit will be nearing 41. Only 3 heavyweights have won the title at that age and they were all a lot better.
His record is over inflated and his boring font forward style of fighting , and the fact the first fighter his size he's fought that isn't dead wood , beat him easily.
Fury will beat him again easily , and i'll make a prediction, BY KNOCKOUT .
Remember the thread . I said it first

Hadji10

Klit will be nearing 41. Only 3 heavyweights have won the title at that age and they were all a lot better.
His record is over inflated and his boring font forward style of fighting , and the fact the first fighter his size he's fought that isn't dead wood , beat him easily.
Fury will beat him again easily , and i'll make a prediction, BY KNOCKOUT .
Remember the thread . I said it first

Pulev is 6"6 and isn't dead wood he's very good heavyweight, Klitschko battered him. But I get your point. Wlad maybe got old over night, he's been a great champion and a brilliant role model for the sport. It's not his fault the competition hasn't been there.

CCFC88

Pulev is 6"6 and isn't dead wood he's very good heavyweight, Klitschko battered him. But I get your point. Wlad maybe got old over night, he's been a great champion and a brilliant role model for the sport. It's not his fault the competition hasn't been there.

Wouldnt suprise me if this fight got pulled closer to the time, think klitskho lacks the desire he had previously which you would probably expect. If its anything like the last fight Fury will have mentally destroyed him before fight night and could force Klitskho to pull out.

CCFC88

Malik Scott wouldn't be my choice aha whoever it is it wont be a very dangerous fight, it'll be someone that looks like a step up on paper to get the ppv buys but actually it's another easy job for AJ.

Kell Brook will have to go to america again to get a decent fight, because they will all ask for too much money to come and fight him in sheffield. he needs one good win verses someone proven then possibly go up in weight and go after khan again, that fight needs to be made!

Made offers to Danny Garcia and Adrian Broner according to Hearn. Think he beats both, Broner probably more comfortably but may have to go to Vegas for that one and New York for Garcia?

Hadji10

Made offers to Danny Garcia and Adrian Broner according to Hearn. Think he beats both, Broner probably more comfortably but may have to go to Vegas for that one and New York for Garcia?

He would smash both of them. Garcia should have at least 2 losses on his record.

Brook would beat most at welter, I think he would only struggle with Thurman and Manny, the rest he deals with. The talk about him going up to fight Golovkin is insane though mind.

Users who are viewing this thread