Joshua - Martin Fight (2 Viewers)

CCFC88

Agree, I think he only said it because of what Khan is doing, not a very well advised press release, just made himself look a bit silly.

Thurman and Errol Spence (in a year or two if his progress continues) are the tricky fights in that division for Kell, the Khan fight needs to happen next year I think else people will just start to get fed up of hearing about "talks"

Hadji10

Agree, I think he only said it because of what Khan is doing, not a very well advised press release, just made himself look a bit silly.

Thurman and Errol Spence (in a year or two if his progress continues) are the tricky fights in that division for Kell, the Khan fight needs to happen next year I think else people will just start to get fed up of hearing about "talks"

Spence/Algieri is a good fight this weekend. Good measuring stick at how good Spence is at the minute, because if he isn't Algieiri will beat him. Spence is meant to be the goods though.

Pipehitterz

Spence looks the real deal for sure, big test for him this weekend but reckon he'll Storm through it .

As for khan . Who knows which one turns up, he should never have lost against what's his name, the point deduction one? And Garcia , garcia his a bang and that's about it , khan turned up with his right hand down on his hip , like he didn't know that's his weak spot ffs.
I actually think khan with a chin would beat everyone, he's lightening fast and very very accurate . Stepping up a couple weights tho from his early Good Fights against a technician like alverez is gonna take some defensive Work for him to win , could be a horrible or glory evening , it'll be a hell of a win for him tho.

Pipehitterz

Who you picking Khan or Canello? :thinking about:

they just had the 30 day weigh in
canelo needs to shed 10 pounds in a month

i didnt realise it was a 155 catchweight fight, this will probably suit khan, so im sticking out my neck, khan on points

Sky Blue Jack

Does anybody know where I can watch Spence vs Algieri in the UK? I know it's on NBC Primetime in the US, is my best option to stream it?

Pipehitterz

Well that was a statement.
Ran straight through him .
Called out everyone , boys got skills and confidence.
If brook wants a proper challenge then here it is .

Hadji10

Who you picking Khan or Canello? :thinking about:

Canelo inside 3 rounds. Khan is not a good defensive fighter and he's not good on his feet either. Also doesn't punch hard enough to deter Canelo. I don't think Canelo is anything special, infact I think he's massively overrated, he's just far too big for Khan.

Spence looked like what many people think he is last night. The heir to Mayweathers throne. Algieri is a good solid fringe world level fighter and he took him apart. Eddie Hearn doesn't need to continue his search for this huge fight for Brook, it's right here. Spence is mandatory for Brook's belt, has to be done by end of the year so I expect Brook to have a semi big fight in the summer, vacate the belt and moves up to 154. No chance he's going to fight Spence.

Pipehitterz

Who fought last night?
spence vs algieri, spence destroyed him in 5, khan and pacman did the distance with algieri

also stephen smith got took apart in the end by a very good jose pedraza, although hes not fought the very best yet

Pipehitterz

Canelo inside 3 rounds. Khan is not a good defensive fighter and he's not good on his feet either. Also doesn't punch hard enough to deter Canelo. I don't think Canelo is anything special, infact I think he's massively overrated, he's just far too big for Khan.

Spence looked like what many people think he is last night. The heir to Mayweathers throne. Algieri is a good solid fringe world level fighter and he took him apart. Eddie Hearn doesn't need to continue his search for this huge fight for Brook, it's right here. Spence is mandatory for Brook's belt, has to be done by end of the year so I expect Brook to have a semi big fight in the summer, vacate the belt and moves up to 154. No chance he's going to fight Spence.

remember its a catchweight fight, canelo is shipping a lot of weight to come down to khan

Hadji10

remember its a catchweight fight, canelo is shipping a lot of weight to come down to khan

He's not coming down to Khan, Khan is going up. Canelo has fought at 155 his last 4 fights, reason being if he fights at 160 everyone will demand the Golovkin fight, which he wants no part of. By staying at 155 he can keep saying "he's not yet ready for middleweight" even though he holds a belt there. The whole thing is a joke.

ready_96

He's not coming down to Khan, Khan is going up. Canelo has fought at 155 his last 4 fights, reason being if he fights at 160 everyone will demand the Golovkin fight, which he wants no part of. By staying at 155 he can keep saying "he's not yet ready for middleweight" even though he holds a belt there. The whole thing is a joke.

I personally believe it's a closer fight than most people think. Khans not really going up in weight he walks around at 160 anyway. and i dont think he'll lose his speed with the extra muscle if its put on in the correct way either. canelo is the bigger guy but if khan can outwork him, box sensibly and avoid getting clipped with a shot he dont see coming i think he stands a very good chance. but it means doing it for 12 rounds against a very good opponent. and that was mayweathers talent. Id love to see him do it, but i think canelo will be loosing on the score cards when he knocks khan out in round 7.

Hadji10

I personally believe it's a closer fight than most people think. Khans not really going up in weight he walks around at 160 anyway. and i dont think he'll lose his speed with the extra muscle if its put on in the correct way either. canelo is the bigger guy but if khan can outwork him, box sensibly and avoid getting clipped with a shot he dont see coming i think he stands a very good chance. but it means doing it for 12 rounds against a very good opponent. and that was mayweathers talent. Id love to see him do it, but i think canelo will be loosing on the score cards when he knocks khan out in round 7.

Hmm I take your point about Khan being 160, but on fight night Canelo will weigh about 175-180, he's huge in terms of build.

The way to beat Canelo is to use the feet, the 3 people who have gave him trouble are Lara (who I thought he lost too) Mayweather and Trout, all 3 have good foot movement. Khan hasn't, he's got quick hands but so has Canelo, and Canelo has very good timing too. Could possibly see Khan being slightly ahead but he won't be schooling him.

Users who are viewing this thread