Juergen Turdbull (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

Not sure it is for free? Thought just meant he can trigger a release
Could be wrong but I'm almost certain it means he can go on a free, same as what Reid thinks he has. Just that nobody wants them as they're rubbish and on decent wages. If Turnbull isn't gone today then I expect him to be here when the window closes as I doubt anybody wants to pay any money for him.

Captain Dart

Could be wrong but I'm almost certain it means he can go on a free, same as what Reid thinks he has. Just that nobody wants them as they're rubbish and on decent wages. If Turnbull isn't gone today then I expect him to be here when the window closes as I doubt anybody wants to pay any money for him.
Yup, if he stays it means he hasn't got a deal better than the one he has here, he may well sit it out & see if there is a bite later on in this window or next, meanwhile we have an unhappy player on the books.

Grendel

This whole thread stinks really including the stupid title of his name.

Football clubs treat players with zero loyalty at all. If they are deemed not good enough they are dumped and always have been.

To expect loyalty from a player given this is absurd.

Nick

Administrator
Yup, if he stays it means he hasn't got a deal better than the one he has here, he may well sit it out & see if there is a bite later on in this window or next, meanwhile we have an unhappy player on the books.

As well as a large wage that won't play.

lifeskyblue

Turnbull not our best player but also nowhere near our worst last season. I would have hoped he would have knuckled down and fought for his place this year but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Therefore I hope he does move quickly to free up funds but Grendel is right loyalty by player or club is extremely rare in today's football.
What I don't understand or like is the abuse he is getting. He may not have been the best but appeared to give his all when in the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torchomatic

I liked him. Like LSB, I'd rather he knuckled down and fought for his place. I'd rather have him in the back four than Willis, but it ain't to be.

Nick

Administrator
If we are paying his wages and he isn't going then him and Robins should have a chat and if we are paying him then he should be playing when needed and giving 100%.

ashbyjan

Football clubs treat players with zero loyalty at all. If they are deemed not good enough they are dumped and always have been.

Have to (first for everything!!) agree with this. Turnbull obviously rates himself as a player and the club agreed to put the clause in so he is well within his rights to exercise it. Why is it that we expect a player to be loyal yet if we think a player isn't up to scratch he should be got shot off, no thought about him or his family etc - no loyalty from anyone in football. After Wembley George Thomas was lauded by the majority now he has (possibly the only) chance to increase his earning potential 10 fold he is disloyal, garbage and over rated etc. If anyone in a normal job was offered the chance to double or triple their wages they would be out of the door like a shot yet we expect footballers, who have a very short career, to behave differently.

smileycov

Facebook User
I don't think it is an issue they want to leave...Fair play to them and all that. But the fact they obviously want to go but are still here is my issue. Move on and let us source replacements. I still believe (i posted on other thread) that we lost out on Moorhouse because we couldn't afford the fee Glenavon wanted, even though he was meant to be free. If your staying stay, if not move on and lets get them replaced.

scubasteve

joined partick thistle on loan, maybe there was a fee to be paid on his agreement and no one would pay it and that was the hold up, so just getting his wages off the books this season.....

better days

Turnbull not our best player but also nowhere near our worst last season. I would have hoped he would have knuckled down and fought for his place this year but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Therefore I hope he does move quickly to free up funds but Grendel is right loyalty by player or club is extremely rare in today's football.
What I don't understand or like is the abuse he is getting. He may not have been the best but appeared to give his all when in the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which of us would like to have our wages reduced by 50% which is apparently written into the contract because we were relegated

Esoterica

Well that was out of left field. Going north must be the new going south. Southampton>Swindon>Coventry>Partick. Next stop Inverness?
Would love to know how much we paid for him too. Still, 1 more Mowbray clusterfuck out the way. Just Reid to go.

junglej13

There was a lot of talk when rn we signed him that Southampton had a 50% sell on clause. This might be why the move is a loan rather than just the termination of his deal.

Hobo

Have to (first for everything!!) agree with this. Turnbull obviously rates himself as a player and the club agreed to put the clause in so he is well within his rights to exercise it. Why is it that we expect a player to be loyal yet if we think a player isn't up to scratch he should be got shot off, no thought about him or his family etc - no loyalty from anyone in football. After Wembley George Thomas was lauded by the majority now he has (possibly the only) chance to increase his earning potential 10 fold he is disloyal, garbage and over rated etc. If anyone in a normal job was offered the chance to double or triple their wages they would be out of the door like a shot yet we expect footballers, who have a very short career, to behave differently.

Only in the eyes of some.
I don't blame Thomas or Turnbull. I think they are both players who are still developing. Wish them both good luck for the future. If they had stayed here I would have been happy with both in our squad.

oucho

Liquid Gold

Good. There may be a player in there but he played almost every game in the worst city side in living memory and seemed more interested in his hair than his football.

sw88

Chief Commentator!

Liquid Gold

Partick fecking Thistle?

OK, weMre not in the best position to be too critical, but surely playing League Two football with us is on par with what he's moved to?

Just glad we finally got rid!
Now for Reid and Thomas to move on too!
It's probably a case of these players not being as good as they think they are.

skybluebeduff

Pretty sure Robins wants Pearson, he's just worried about this reoccurring hamstring injury that set him back for most of last season at Barnet.

Liquid Gold

Hopefully we're putting something together for Pearson that's heavily weighted towards appearances with a low basic wage

Users who are viewing this thread