Transfer Rumour Kasey Palmer - Confirmed (2 Viewers)

skyblu3sk

Can’t see how only playing one up front is going to benefit us given Palmer and O hare have poor returns and Gyokeres main strength is running into channels
Interesting take. Firstly when he gets the ball in the channels he tends to move towards the box and scare players. Secondly playing one up front doesn't stop players running channels. Thirdly I'd hope Palmer and O'hare would move slightly wider feeding Gyok in the middle where he may be able to do more damage. I'd deffo like to give it a go.

shmmeee

Palmers goal scoring record at this level is fine. It’s an order of magnitude better than our other midfielders.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Palmers goal scoring record at this level is fine. It’s an order of magnitude better than our other midfielders.

His goal record is fine? Sorry, I don't really agree with that.

Pretty much all of his stats (largely weighted around appearances) are shocking. He played ok yesterday but still missed two really good chances. Somehow that wipes people's memories.

He's got a hell of a lot to prove.

SBT

Interesting take. Firstly when he gets the ball in the channels he tends to move towards the box and scare players. Secondly playing one up front doesn't stop players running channels. Thirdly I'd hope Palmer and O'hare would move slightly wider feeding Gyok in the middle where he may be able to do more damage. I'd deffo like to give it a go.

Supposedly we were preparing at the start of the season to play with O’Hare and Palmer together at the top of the box, and the strikers were looking forward to it. According to, uhhh, Matty Godden.

1664705454125.png

DannyThomas_1981

Can’t see how only playing one up front is going to benefit us given Palmer and O hare have poor returns and Gyokeres main strength is running into channels

Exactly why it was a good idea that you chose Accounting as a career vs. being a football tactician.

Grendel

Exactly why it was a good idea that you chose Accounting as a career vs. being a football tactician.

Im not an accountant

I’m surprised as you consider yourself a tactician that you want Kelly back - who for? Haven’t you previously said that the Jamie Allen Gustavo Hamer midfield combo is - and I quote - a “joy to watch”

Where is biamou these days - rumour is he’s applied for a job as a programme seller

Grendel

Danny and David a duo who truly deserve each other

Grendel

Together with Phil Foden maybe?

Meanwhile Kenny Jacket to manage in the Premier league. Your judgement is so good.

Foden and Max in the sane sentence - wow

Grendel

So you've forgotten about your comments about Foden on the England thread?

Not at all. It’s also interesting how you leap on certain threads with questions when I’m sure if I investigate your posting history on certain players there will be some interesting quotes

PVA

It's ridiculous to suggest O'Hare and Palmer won't play together.

We often play with two AMs. Last year everyone said that Shipley and Allen weren't effective enough to play there and we needed an improvement on them.

So we sign another AM, apparently on decent wages, and the intention is for him to sit on the bench while Allen plays AM when we play the box?

shmmeee

His goal record is fine? Sorry, I don't really agree with that.

Pretty much all of his stats (largely weighted around appearances) are shocking. He played ok yesterday but still missed two really good chances. Somehow that wipes people's memories.

He's got a hell of a lot to prove.

He scores an average of a goal every 5 if he plays a season. His problem is he hasn’t been playing.

stupot07

In the league over the last 4 seasons

2018/19: 12 starts 17 subs 3 goals
2019/20: 11 starts 14 subs 1 goal
2020/21: 18 starts 19 subs 3 goals
2021/22: 1 start 5 subs 1 goal

Of those goals 4 have been scored starting and 4 as a sub.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TomRad85

Certainly seen enough to suggest he's an upgrade on Allen as either backup for O'Hare or playing with O'Hare in the box. Can only assume fitness is why he hasn't played more thus far.
This argument seems like it should take place and be answered at the end of the season.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread