Kevin Blackwell to be appointed (1 Viewer)

Dinyull

Money has alway's been available in the summer under SISU. People are quick to forget AB was given money in the summer to buy/sign nearly 10 players and we probably have our most balanced squad since relegation (ie a couple of players for every position). Yes it would have been nice to bring in a few new players in Jan (even just on loan) but we couldn't afford to.

Any new manager will be given some money to spend - it's how you spend it that count's. O'Halleran, Carsley, McSheffrey have been very injury prone the past few season's - why did AB think it would be any different????

TommyAtkins

"......... so why do you think he's as good as we'll get in our current situation??? "

I am just not convinced we will be able to attract either a proven manager or an up-and-coming manager. Therefore, we are more likely to appoint someone who is out of work and has nothing to lose.

Great_Expectations

I am not sure if it was suggested jokingly earlier but I would accept Gould over Blackwell. He is at least passionate and committed to this club, while this is by means a necessity these days, in our situation and with the other names being mentioned I would take him, at least he will take no prisoners in the dressing room.

In terms of Blackwell, never been a fan of his, a poor man's Neil Warnock, in attitude not achievement.

DazzleTommyDazzle

I am not sure if it was suggested jokingly earlier but I would accept Gould over Blackwell. He is at least passionate and committed to this club, while this is by means a necessity these days, in our situation and with the other names being mentioned I would take him, at least he will take no prisoners in the dressing room.

In terms of Blackwell, never been a fan of his, a poor man's Neil Warnock, in attitude not achievement.

Presumably if Blackwell does get appointed you'll have to change your name!

:D

Pigeon

...Well has that news/ rumor deflated everyones day?
I just don't see the point in getting rid of Boothroyd, still paying him, and bring in someone else who doesn't sound like he's going to do a better job!
If this appointment wont inspire the fans then what chance does it have at encouraging some of the players to stay with us?
Not looking forward to next season :(
Will still be there, working my butt off to pay for a season ticket only leaving the ground miserable.
Nice trip to Hartlepool to look forward to I guess

stupot07

I think it said on the telegraph website that it would be until the end of the season.......definitely an uninspiring choice

SuperFred

Really hoping this isn't true. We are in deep trouble next season if we get Blackwell, that's if we are still in this league!

How the hell does fat face think appointing Blackwell will result in an increase in ticket sales and survival !!!

also just flicked thru a couple of Blades forums - they hated him with a passion !

CovLis86

I was hoping i was day dreaming at work when i read this and when i got home it would be gone...sadly not.

ccfcway

"......... so why do you think he's as good as we'll get in our current situation??? "

I am just not convinced we will be able to attract either a proven manager or an up-and-coming manager. Therefore, we are more likely to appoint someone who is out of work and has nothing to lose.

Di Matteo
Houghton
Coppell
Curbishley
McClaren
Southgate
Magilton
Wilkins
Allardyce
O'Neil
Parkinson

all out of work and all better than Blackwell

Not saying any of them should be boss, but I would pick all of them over Blackwell !!

Covstu

I would rather go for a young manager who needs a chance i.e. Richard Shaw or Dennis Wise or someone of that elk. Blackwell is going to keep us exactly where we are! No where!!!

TommyAtkins

Di Matteo
Houghton
Coppell
Curbishley
McClaren
Southgate
Magilton
Wilkins
Allardyce
O'Neil
Parkinson

all out of work and all better than Blackwell

Not saying any of them should be boss, but I would pick all of them over Blackwell !!

I did say "out of work and has nothing to lose"

Too many on your list have reputations worth preserving! I would suggest that not a single manager on your list would want the Cov job. Therefore, we are left with the likes of Blackwell

Schoey

Just appoint Sky Blue Sam and be done with it...

ccfcway

I did say "out of work and has nothing to lose"

Too many on your list have reputations worth preserving! I would suggest that not a single manager on your list would want the Cov job. Therefore, we are left with the likes of Blackwell

Tommy, pretty sure that Parkinson. Magilton and Southgate would at least listen to what Ray has to say.

Pigeon

There were several requests for Nigel off the CW radio. Think its worth a crack really. Although Sky Blue Sam would be my second choice. He also does a good job during kick for cash between the post after Keiran leaves. Player manager?

ccfcway

Funny thing is that in 30 months or so at Sheff Utd, his win percentage is more than competitive..... over 42%

Lord_Nampil

See i quite like Blackwell, i think he was very harshly treated at Leeds Where he did really well before loosing the board's backing and at Sheff u he did really well but then sold players and injuries cost him his job, (abit like boothroyd). His time at Luton was harsh due to the fact every one was being sold behind his back.

Its the same sort of move the Incester did a few seasons ago when they appointed Worthington for the last 8 games, and his impact saved them! Thats something is much needed at the moment in time, and if Blackwell is the man appointed then as fans we let him do what he needs to do and get behind the players!

rob9872

Please god no! :( :mad:

Paxman II

Welcome Tommy Atkins...good to see you come over! Seems you brought a more sensible approach too. tend to agree with you here but still hoping it won't be true. :wave:

skyblu3sk

Think we may have to give up on the black infatuation at some point. We need a manager that will grab the whole club by the nuts and push us upwards... superman it is then

Dinyull

Funny thing is that in 30 months or so at Sheff Utd, his win percentage is more than competitive..... over 42%

Because he took over from them when Warnock left after relegation. Turned a premier league team (or a very well established play-off team) into relegation fodder in 3 season's season. Did the same at Leeds - spent shit loads, complained he didn't have enough to spend and took them from play-off's to League 1.

fellatio_Martinez

If he is appointed then we're officially fecked. He's a bigger nut job than Boothroyd, and uses the same hoofball tactics.

Please, please let this be mere speculation. I'd rather Dowie back than Hoofwell (that's his new nickname BTW) :pimp:

JCR1987

Surely if it's only til the end of the season, why don't we just promote from within the club. If they don't want Thorn and/or Harrison to do it, why not get someone who actually gives a shit about the club, such as Oggy, rather than get a perrenial loser in Blackwell, who'll inevitibly cost us a wedge of cash to get him in, then another wedge to get him out - whilst also incurring the cost of less fans coming through the turnstiles purely because he's in charge.

Great_Expectations

Surely if it's only til the end of the season, why don't we just promote from within the club. If they don't want Thorn and/or Harrison to do it, why not get someone who actually gives a shit about the club, such as Oggy, rather than get a perrenial loser in Blackwell, who'll inevitibly cost us a wedge of cash to get him in, then another wedge to get him out - whilst also incurring the cost of less fans coming through the turnstiles purely because he's in charge.

Bobby Gould, and he's FREE.......

Users who are viewing this thread