Liam Kitching (1 Viewer)

messiahrobins

We’ve played out from the back for a while. But having Sheaf and Hamer meant we could play the ball especially to Hamer under pressure and he could get us forward or beat the press with a pass. We’ve lost that close control and passing range with Eccles this season for all his other traits.
Torp has the ability to do that hamer role.

Cov98

Kitching has looked quality more often than he's looked shit, he'll be a good player for us. Just needs to knock off the rash challenges and the overreactions to confrontation.

The way he can get the ball at his feet and drive us forward from the back is a key way to how we play.

Also agree on signing Binks permanently. He's a bit hit or miss at the minute but has real potential to be a top player for us.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

No more red cards son!

Did anyone watch the highlights of the Man City game last night, Erling Haaland clean through on goal, brought down by the last defender in the penalty box.

No Red Card. 🤬 Do they have different rules in the premier league ?

skyblue_55

We know Doug is trying to follow Brentford, Leicester & Brightons blue print, but sometimes you have to get experienced players in & McNair could help the likes of Kitchen & Thomas

Bertola

Yeah I wouldn't sign him only 21 league appearances this season only 32 last season.

With the role we want him for, those sort of numbers would be ideal, We've got Thomas as first choice, he could come in as a backup and mentor, rather than demanding to play every week

Skybluekyle

I think he'll end up a very good acquisition. For the red cards, Norwich and Blackburn away looked pretty nailed on red cards, as last man (although Blackburn away I originally thought Thomas could come over to cover but on second glance I don't think he could have), and Sheffield Wednesday at home looked like he was just defending his corner from, I want to say Diaby's (?) senseless instigation, looked harsh.

He has the ability to drive with the ball, which I think Thomas can too (Leeds away), and can thread a decent pass into midfield (not as good as Binks, but decent enough). MR and AV turned Doyle and McNally into the defenders they are now, maybe the former more than the latter, and they now have added incentive as Kitching is our asset. And, I'll take you something, if we can get him into a position like he did against Cardiff at home for his first goal, the boy can finish, just hopefully into the opposition's net next time!

MrBlueFace

I think he'll end up a very good acquisition. For the red cards, Norwich and Blackburn away looked pretty nailed on red cards, as last man (although Blackburn away I originally thought Thomas could come over to cover but on second glance I don't think he could have), and Sheffield Wednesday at home looked like he was just defending his corner from, I want to say Diaby's (?) senseless instigation, looked harsh.

He has the ability to drive with the ball, which I think Thomas can too (Leeds away), and can thread a decent pass into midfield (not as good as Binks, but decent enough). MR and AV turned Doyle and McNally into the defenders they are now, maybe the former more than the latter, and they now have added incentive as Kitching is our asset. And, I'll take you something, if we can get him into a position like he did against Cardiff at home for his first goal, the boy can finish, just hopefully into the opposition's net next time!
Doyle and Mcnally were good right from the get go, probably made 5 mistakes between them. Our current ones make 5 a game.

CCFCSteve

I think both Torp and Eccles would do better in a flatter three, not sure what that would do to out attack though.

Yeah, said before that instead of a 10 we could have Torp as furthest forward midfielder. We need to find a way of shoring ourselves up a bit and this might be one way.

Then three out of Simms, Wright, Saka and Mason Clark

MrBlueFace

Doyle wasn't, he got quite badly exposed by Bristol City and took a little while to get up to speed
I'd say he had 5 bad games in 50? To compare the 2 defenses is criminal, but perhaps Thomas and Kitching weren't purchased to play in a back 4 and might have had better seasons in a 5.

SwanLane

I'd say he had 5 bad games in 50? To compare the 2 defenses is criminal, but perhaps Thomas and Kitching weren't purchased to play in a back 4 and might have had better seasons in a 5.
Probably true that our defence was purchased with a different system in mind. I don’t think Lati was brought in to play CB in a back 4 for example. But Kitching is significantly quicker than Doyle which points to his use in a back 4 - less need for cover (if he performs at the level he did before Christmas). Ultimately, while he did very well for us, Doyle was never someone we had a chance of signing permanently.

shmmeee

Have to disagree on this one, Hamer was different gravy from the first time he stepped on the pitch.

I really want a signing like this this summer. Someone who the first time you see them you go “yep, this guy is going to be good”.

shmmeee

Losing Vik and Gus, Saka getting injured and O’Hare dropping out the team really dented the fun factor of watching us towards the end of the season. Hoping we get a couple of box office players.

Users who are viewing this thread