Lose the Gut Thread (Following on from New Year's Resolution) (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

Not bad at all, bit of motivation for you maybe, I do 2 laps, 5k ish somewhere between 22.30 and 23.00.
That's demotivating to us older chaps who can't do that any more. :emoji_frowning2:

Marty

Sorry lads I thought it may help, You have to remember I am younger, fitter and better looking though. :angelic:

Rich

Sorry lads I thought it may help, You have to remember I am younger, fitter and better looking though. :angelic:
How old are you?

Bear in mind over 25 and you may well demotivate the guys further.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Did another 3 laps first thing this morning (well 8am) some of the path was very slippery especially at the top end so i stuck to the edge of the field still enjoyed it though.
Aiming to do 4 laps on Monday

ccfctommy

Did a circuit class for the first time yesterday.

I enjoyed it, makes you realise how much time you spend at the gym NOT exercising. Was knackered at the end!

Nick

Administrator
Did a circuit class for the first time yesterday.

I enjoyed it, makes you realise how much time you spend at the gym NOT exercising. Was knackered at the end!

Yep, I used to love them. You dont have time to stand and have a drink in between and you have the pressure of looking a pussy if you stop!

jimmyhillsfanclub

Dropped loads of weight thanks to Zwift (virtual cycling). Was 13st 1lb in November and now 11st 12lb and more importantly become a more capable cyclist! well happy!

I've still not got around to having a zwift session.....

If its impressive weight loss figures time........I lost just over 1 stone in 12 days with flu......beat that :)

Covstu

I've still not got around to having a zwift session.....

If its impressive weight loss figures time........I lost just over 1 stone in 12 days with flu......beat that :)
its great, I think because of my job, small children and shite weather its kept the legs going during that period. It would be horrible in the summer however as my setup is in the garage!

covmark

Yes you put the bike on a trainer but it connects to a virtual world with other riders and measures your output. There are racing, training programmes etc on there. Takes the monotony out of indoor cycling basically!
Never came across this before. How much is all the gear?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

I'm going to start cycling to work in the next few weeks, 28 mile round trip. I've only just got a new bike after a 12 year gap, hopefully get some good results myself!

shmmeee

Bump!

Had to tell someone this seemed a good place.

Weight in March: 17.5st
Waist in March: 44in

Weight now: 13.5st
Waist now: 36in

All through no carb 6 days a week.

Just started doing StrongLifts 5x5 and plan to try (again) to start running with c25k but finding time as a part time single dad is hard.

Hit my target early (was aiming for end of the month). Now I want to be thinner than ever and go for 34/32 inch waist, plateauing now though (hence the exercise)

Rich

Bump!

Just started doing StrongLifts 5x5 and plan to try (again) to start running with c25k but finding time as a part time single dad is hard.

Hit my target early (was aiming for end of the month). Now I want to be thinner than ever and go for 34/32 inch waist, plateauing now though (hence the exercise)
Well done. I've managed to stay exactly the same through eating shite and running twice a week. 13.7stone.

Would be nice to get into dieting and lose some of this chub.

Carb free you say? What does that leave, Chicken, Fish and salad?

clint van damme

Bump!

Some going that mate, well done!!
Did low carb at the start of the year and apart from losing a few pound really felt healthier doing it. Fell off the wagon but wouldn't mind getting on it again.

shmmeee

Well done. I've managed to stay exactly the same through eating shite and running twice a week. 13.7stone.

Would be nice to get into dieting and lose some of this chub.

Carb free you say? What does that leave, Chicken, Fish and salad?

I eat beans as well. I’ve basically been eating the same two meals with the odd bit of variation. I make a chilli bowl with mince, tomatoes, four types of bean, veg. Have that at lunch and a lot of dinners, make it bulk at the weekends. Also make a breakfast Frittata with eggs, bacon, tomatoes onion spinach and whatever else I feel like. Make 6 servings at once and zap it in the morning. Then depending how I’m feeling salads, meat and veg or some tomato based thing like a moussaka without the potatoes. I’m not super strict in terms of counting carbs. I drink shit tons of water and switched from milk and two to black coffee.

Not sure how healthy it is, but it’s worked! Now fee good enough to start exercising and hope to slowly reintroduce decent carbs like brown rice and maintain. Will need to eat bigger to gain muscle mass soon.

Rich

I eat beans as well. I’ve basically been eating the same two meals with the odd bit of variation. I make a chilli bowl with mince, tomatoes, four types of bean, veg. Have that at lunch and a lot of dinners, make it bulk at the weekends. Also make a breakfast Frittata with eggs, bacon, tomatoes onion spinach and whatever else I feel like. Make 6 servings at once and zap it in the morning. Then depending how I’m feeling salads, meat and veg or some tomato based thing like a moussaka without the potatoes. I’m not super strict in terms of counting carbs. I drink shit tons of water and switched from milk and two to black coffee.

Not sure how healthy it is, but it’s worked! Now fee good enough to start exercising and hope to slowly reintroduce decent carbs like brown rice and maintain. Will need to eat bigger to gain muscle mass soon.
When you do this weekends batch, could you stick the recipe down. I fancy giving this a try.

Nick

Administrator
Bump!

Think I need to get involved with that. Have been off the boil a lot and just eating nonsense so everything I did do is back. No time at all for the gym either :(

shmmeee

When you do this weekends batch, could you stick the recipe down. I fancy giving this a try.

Will do, though recipe is a strong word. It’s basically:

Brown some mince (beef, turkey, pork, whatever you fancy), then soften some red onions and peppers , add cumin, chipotle, a couple of other spices I forget right now (google any chilli recipe), then drain beans: I use green lentils for bulk, plus butter beans, cannelloni beans, kidney beans and sometimes another random bean from the super market. Add tinned tomatoes, mince, beans and lentils to the pot and simmer for as long as you want. I add some chillies in there because I like spice.

It’s not exciting but it fills me up and is pretty cheap and has been my go to meal. I have Cheat day every Saturday to enjoy eating

covmark

Well done mate. Hitting the exercise whilst jacking in the carbs will see you smash your plateau. Eating a small wholegrain carb meal around an hour before you exercise may benefit you though. It'll give you a boost of energy for the workout. Going carb free whilst hitting the gym can be heavy going.
I found cutting out bread, and only having potatoes once a week with my roast dinner helped me, but wholegrain carbs don't give you the sugar spike that white bread, potatoes and white rice give you.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Moff

Bump!

That's excellent well done mate!

Wish I could cut out the carbs, I sit around the same weight you are at (probably a little bit more) and lose some and then put it back on. Exercise five days a week but when not eating healthily I eat shit and put it back on.

Have battled with my love of food all my life. Physically I am fit, but just cant keep up the helathy lifestyle. I have got to learn to have some will power!
Add in the fact my marriage problems have introduced more alcohol into my life, thank goodness I am exercising otherwise I would be going up in weight and not down.

Users who are viewing this thread