Lose the Gut Thread (Following on from New Year's Resolution) (1 Viewer)

jimmyhillsfanclub

Good effort shmmeee......

My problem is with alcohol and all its empty calories.....thats why no matter what I do, I'm always a little soft in the middle.....

...still.....at least my problems with alcohol are only calorific these days........:emoji_wine_glass::emoji_beers::emoji_beer::emoji_cocktail:

fernandopartridge

Will do, though recipe is a strong word. It’s basically:

Brown some mince (beef, turkey, pork, whatever you fancy), then soften some red onions and peppers , add cumin, chipotle, a couple of other spices I forget right now (google any chilli recipe), then drain beans: I use green lentils for bulk, plus butter beans, cannelloni beans, kidney beans and sometimes another random bean from the super market. Add tinned tomatoes, mince, beans and lentils to the pot and simmer for as long as you want. I add some chillies in there because I like spice.

It’s not exciting but it fills me up and is pretty cheap and has been my go to meal. I have Cheat day every Saturday to enjoy eating
Fair play to you. Some going that is

Marty

Bump!

Had to tell someone this seemed a good place.

Weight in March: 17.5st
Waist in March: 44in

Weight now: 13.5st
Waist now: 36in

All through no carb 6 days a week.

Just started doing StrongLifts 5x5 and plan to try (again) to start running with c25k but finding time as a part time single dad is hard.

Hit my target early (was aiming for end of the month). Now I want to be thinner than ever and go for 34/32 inch waist, plateauing now though (hence the exercise)

Amazing work, took me about 2 years to lose the same weight.

Sick Boy

Bump!

Just started doing StrongLifts 5x5 and plan to try (again) to start running with c25k but finding time as a part time single dad is hard.

Hit my target early (was aiming for end of the month). Now I want to be thinner than ever and go for 34/32 inch waist, plateauing now though (hence the exercise)

That's absolutely brilliant, congratulations. There was an interesting programme on BBC recently abut carbs, very insightful!

LastGarrison

Weighed myself last night for the first time in over a year as I knew I'd put some timber on.

Stone and a fucking half!!!

However today is my fifth day without carbs and back hitting boot camp properly and gonna give Revolution a bash on Wednesday so hopefully should start shifting it!!!

Sky_Blue_Daz

Weighed myself last night for the first time in over a year as I knew I'd put some timber on.

Stone and a fucking half!!!

However today is my fifth day without carbs and back hitting boot camp properly and gonna give Revolution a bash on Wednesday so hopefully should start shifting it!!!
Used to really enjoy boot camp, some really nice people and the trainers were ok too

Sky_Blue_Daz

I see matt quite a lot he’s done really well I think he’s lost a total of 6 stone

Covstu

Bump!

Well done fella

Covstu

That's excellent well done mate!

Wish I could cut out the carbs, I sit around the same weight you are at (probably a little bit more) and lose some and then put it back on. Exercise five days a week but when not eating healthily I eat shit and put it back on.

Have battled with my love of food all my life. Physically I am fit, but just cant keep up the helathy lifestyle. I have got to learn to have some will power!
Add in the fact my marriage problems have introduced more alcohol into my life, thank goodness I am exercising otherwise I would be going up in weight and not down.
Same as this, did 75 miles this morning and not stopped eating shite since! Don’t really drink much but tend to eat crap when I am around the house bored

Nick

Administrator
Trying to get back on healthy eating, have no spare time now to go to the gym or do anything. Really miss it, would love to be able to go every day again.

Sick Boy

Been enjoying the goof life a bit more recently but still been boxing a couple of times a week and swam from Hove seafront to Brighton today. I was planning on walking back to Hove afterwards but bumped into a couple of ex work colleagues having a bbq on the beach so ended up getting a couple of free burgers haha.

LastGarrison

Went Revolution for the first time in the week and loved it.

Completely different to what I have done before and absolutely relentless from start to finish.

Booked in for a 06:30am session this week!!!

Sky_Blue_Daz

Went Revolution for the first time in the week and loved it.

Completely different to what I have done before and absolutely relentless from start to finish.

Booked in for a 06:30am session this week!!!
What do you have to do there mate ?

LastGarrison

What do you have to do there mate ?
It’s maiy weights related, 43 stations, 50 seconds on each with a 12 second break between each. However, by the time you’ve grabbed your bottle and towel and moved to the next station you are straight back into it.

The one I did was a mixture of pushing 40 odd K up and down a track to dead lifts with a variety of weights to burpees, robo crawls etc.

Only £4.10 a session or buy in bulk and it’s cheaper. Well worth a go!

Sky_Blue_Daz

:emoji_fearful:
It’s maiy weights related, 43 stations, 50 seconds on each with a 12 second break between each. However, by the time you’ve grabbed your bottle and towel and moved to the next station you are straight back into it.

The one I did was a mixture of pushing 40 odd K up and down a track to dead lifts with a variety of weights to burpees, robo crawls etc.

Only £4.10 a session or buy in bulk and it’s cheaper. Well worth a go!
I’ll stick to me running thanks ;)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Going on holiday in 3 weeks, knocked the beer on the head again also kicking bread and potato’s into touch

Whilst it was really hot I only ran between 4 and 6 Miles three times a week but aim to slowly increase, bought a new shirt that is a bit tight aim is that it will be loose for the holiday.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I did the cabbage soup diet for 2 weeks once it was frigging horrible but lost a stone and a half, and four pairs of pants ;)

lifeskyblue

Have just got an allotment. Hopefully the clearing, digging etc will provide the all round exercise to shed a few pounds. Also when start growing veg next year will eat healthier too. So should be win/win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Did 6lb the first week, apparently most will be water. More importantly I'm not that hungry any more and have to force myself to eat so no snacking.

Need to try and get more exercise but might have to resort to a DVD or something at home.

Not missing carbs at all so far either!

Coffees with butter in do a job!

Sky_Blue_Daz

Think I’ve overdone it with the running, the upper part ofmy right leg keeps going into spasm .
Shirt fits though

Nick

Administrator
Have you tried that tape you can get? Always see people jogging with tape on their muscle, footballers do it too.

Think it helps support it.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Have you tried that tape you can get? Always see people jogging with tape on their muscle, footballers do it too.

Think it helps support it.
Nice one Nick I shall give that a go when I get back

Sky_Blue_Daz

To be fair nick I reckon a week drinking beer and having the odd swim in the pool will be enough :emoji_beer::emoji_beers::emoji_wine_glass::emoji_relaxed:

Nick

Administrator
Done just over a stone now in about 3 weeks, pretty easy really it's just eating stuff high in fat with no carbs.

Meats, butter, cheese and bits of veg.

Will do it for another couple of months then get on the weights.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread