Lose the Gut Thread (Following on from New Year's Resolution) (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

Done just over a stone now in about 3 weeks, pretty easy really it's just eating stuff high in fat with no carbs.

Meats, butter, cheese and bits of veg.

Will do it for another couple of months then get on the weights.

giphy.gif

That's pretty decent, do you have any examples of meals?

Nick

Administrator
Might give that a go, haven't got any time to do much exercise with work and the baby though
It's hard the first couple of days but not massively bad once on it.

Saved us a bit of money too as we aren't eating so much crap.

I haven't had chance to do any exercise either, just the walking about.

Marty

I've come across a website called Dietbet, basically everyone puts in a bit of money and the pot get split between the winners.

Think it could be good for those of us who need the additional motivation. If anyone is interested I'll get one set up for us on here.

Lose Weight. Have Fun. Win Money!

Ashdown

There were some fine figures around the Ricoh on Saturday.......many of them women, all this equality and them swilling down pints is back firing !!

Nick

Administrator
First time back at the gym in probably 8 - 9 months. It is heart breaking when you have to go back on the baby weights.

giphy.gif

fernandopartridge

Not bad going, is that starving yourself for 2 or just no carbs?
Starving for 2 days (about 700 calories though not 500), not as difficult as it sounds after you've done it a couple of times. Pretty much avoid carbs on starve days as they're higher in calories. You find you eat less on the other days too.

Nick

Administrator
Starving for 2 days (about 700 calories though not 500), not as difficult as it sounds after you've done it a couple of times. Pretty much avoid carbs on starve days as they're higher in calories. You find you eat less on the other days too.
Might try that one. Doesn't sound as high maintenance

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Today marks 6 months without drinking a drop of Coke, Pepsi, 7-up, Fanta, Tango, Vimto, Lucozade, R-Whites, Irn Bru, Corona, or ANY kind of fizzy drink.
It's also 6 months without eating bread, cake, biscuits or anything sweet. It was tough at first - but it's been SO worth it.
The change in my body has been fantastic, I feel great, I lost weight and my way of thinking is very positive...
I'm looking to keep this up and go for more. Because I care!...
Also NO alcohol, chocolate, sugar in tea or sweets over Christmas and into New Year Eve and beyond. I'm eating healthy and above all, I have an hour of exercise every day!!!
I don't know who's status this is, but it said to copy and paste....!!!!

Covstu

Today marks 6 months without drinking a drop of Coke, Pepsi, 7-up, Fanta, Tango, Vimto, Lucozade, R-Whites, Irn Bru, Corona, or ANY kind of fizzy drink.
It's also 6 months without eating bread, cake, biscuits or anything sweet. It was tough at first - but it's been SO worth it.
The change in my body has been fantastic, I feel great, I lost weight and my way of thinking is very positive...
I'm looking to keep this up and go for more. Because I care!...
Also NO alcohol, chocolate, sugar in tea or sweets over Christmas and into New Year Eve and beyond. I'm eating healthy and above all, I have an hour of exercise every day!!!
I don't know who's status this is, but it said to copy and paste....!!!!
I think who’s ever it is, is one miserable bastard!

Covstu

Another 72 miles today, very windy and horrible out there but good fun. Enjoying still being able to get out in December!

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Another 72 miles today, very windy and horrible out there but good fun. Enjoying still being able to get out in December!
You're a fast runner !

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Same as this, did 75 miles this morning and not stopped eating shite since! Don’t really drink much but tend to eat crap when I am around the house bored
Eat Jelly babies when you're on a big burn, otherwise it's common to pig out afterwards as you're brain craves more carbs.

Marty

Eat Jelly babies when you're on a big burn, otherwise it's common to pig out afterwards as you're brain craves more carbs.

I pig out after a long ride, I go Cannock chase, only do about 30 miles but takes about 6-7 hours, burn around 2,000 calories but when I get back to the shop, I can't stop eating and will easily eat 1500 calories. I only take gels out with me though as I find I can consume them a lot easier.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I pig out after a long ride, I go Cannock chase, only do about 30 miles but takes about 6-7 hours, burn around 2,000 calories but when I get back to the shop, I can't stop eating and will easily eat 1500 calories. I only take gels out with me though as I find I can consume them a lot easier.
I have exactly the same problem with running . I've cycled for years and always been hungry after, but recently I've started running and miraculously get round a 5 mile circuit, which is a killer. My food craving has reached a new level . I get home, cool off for half an hour , shower, and then within a couple of hours systematically empty the fridge and cupboards of anything that looks like it has carbohydrate. I've tried drinking loads of water as that supposed to do the trick, but no.

Nick

Administrator
I have exactly the same problem with running . I've cycled for years and always been hungry after, but recently I've started running and miraculously get round a 5 mile circuit, which is a killer. My food craving has reached a new level . I get home, cool off for half an hour , shower, and then within a couple of hours systematically empty the fridge and cupboards of anything that looks like it has carbohydrate. I've tried drinking loads of water as that supposed to do the trick, but no.
I was like it over the weekend after the gym, just couldn't get full :(

fellatio_Martinez

I find something high in carbs, protein and fat after the gym does the trick for me.

A tuna mayo bagel for example and then coffee or tea which seems to suppress the appetite.

I never go over 3 miles either. You're just breaking your body down after that distance I think.

Nick

Administrator
I find something high in carbs, protein and fat after the gym does the trick for me.

A tuna mayo bagel for example and then coffee or tea which seems to suppress the appetite.

I never go over 3 miles either. You're just breaking your body down after that distance I think.
I couldn't get enough, protein bar, protein drink, rice, fish, banana, biscuits.

Covstu

I changed to energy bars, more sustainable rather than quick fix gels.

Sick Boy

An old mate of mine used to have a problem with pigging out after boxing, in the end he found a solution... breaking 6 eggs into a pint glass and downing the lot without whisking.

Marty

An old mate of mine used to have a problem with pigging out after boxing, in the end he found a solution... breaking 6 eggs into a pint glass and downing the lot without whisking.

Ain't gonna lie, that sounds absolutely dreadful mate.

Nick

Administrator
Did that fill him up? Might give it a go. Would probably whisk and add a bit of pepper

Covstu

That sounds delightful! Really high calories but good protein!

Users who are viewing this thread