Transfer Rumour Louie Sibley (1 Viewer)

Tea & Busquets

Okay, we really don't need 3 attacking midfielders AND 4 strikers.
Which is why we’re trying to offload both walker and waggy. Gyok Godden (injury prone) and Plange and Tavares who isn’t even a sure thing yet. That sounds like good depth to me.

Matt smith

Which is why we’re trying to offload both walker and waggy. Gyok Godden (injury prone) and Plange and Tavares who isn’t even a sure thing yet. That sounds like good depth to me.
This pre season is so doom and gloom not looking forward to it at all with the transfer rumours and the lack of investment

We can’t sell more than one of our best players or we’re in serious trouble

shmmeee

This pre season is so doom and gloom not looking forward to it at all with the transfer rumours and the lack of investment

What matters is where we are come September. As long as the squad is stronger I’m not bothered who goes. Similarly if we keep the big players and can’t afford a LCB and a LWB we’ll have gone backwards from last season.

mmttww

I think the doom and gloom is between your ears, mate. It looks pretty sunny in Spain (and in CV5, as it goes!).

We've sold no one, no serious sources saying there's a sale close, either. A lot of dead wood has gone.

Most seem to agree the defence needs sorting, Robins included, and ITKs say that's in hand with targets close.

Neither we nor the club can control offers coming in. ITKs say offers have been turned down already.

Doesn't seem we'll get low balled if we do sell. Everyone will be frustrated if none of a fee is re-invested.

Don't think I've missed anything. Stick to what actually happens - or doesn't - and maybe you'll cheer up.

ceetee

Seemingly one man's idle speculation becomes the next man's rumour becomes the next man's done deal becomes the next man's doom and gloom........ and so it goes on. I'll wait til the season starts before I make a judgement

Matt smith

I think the doom and gloom is between your ears, mate. It looks pretty sunny in Spain (and in CV5, as it goes!).

We've sold no one, no serious sources saying there's a sale close, either. A lot of dead wood has gone.

Most seem to agree the defence needs sorting, Robins included, and ITKs say that's in hand with targets close.

Neither we nor the club can control offers coming in. ITKs say offers have been turned down already.

Doesn't seem we'll get low balled if we do sell. Everyone will be frustrated if none of a fee is re-invested.

Don't think I've missed anything. Stick to what actually happens - or doesn't - and maybe you'll cheer up.
I’m happy about bids being turned down but the consensus is we almost have to sell one to balance the books so that’s slightly concerning

I think to be honest all the rumours of are best players leaving isn’t the most ideal news to hear but it shows we’ve actually got some real assets now I suppose

hopefully we strengthen in the next few days

mark82

Am I the only one who when seeing the name Louie Sibley says it in the same way as Cat from Red Dwarf said Duane Dibley?

DishonestSilkyBlackfish-size_restricted.gif

Great_Expectations

Happy path; he’s an addition to add competition to our midfield. Suddenly a central rota of COH, Palmer, Sibley, with Hamer, Sheaf, Eccles rotating behind, plus Allen to cover both halves of the square and Kelly too.

That’s pretty great strength in depth.

We sell nobody, get a LWB and LCB in, and that’s a pretty strong squad.

Brighton Sky Blue

Happy path; he’s an addition to add competition to our midfield. Suddenly a central rota of COH, Palmer, Sibley, with Hamer, Sheaf, Eccles rotating behind, plus Allen to cover both halves of the square and Kelly too.

That’s pretty great strength in depth.

We sell nobody, get a LWB and LCB in, and that’s a pretty strong squad.

I would still think 2 CBs are needed rather than one but otherwise agree.

Brighton Sky Blue

Ideally yes.

Even better; one of the 23’s looks good enough to provide cover, but I’ve no idea if anyone looks close.

The ideal situation is to have two Championship quality players per position, with a few youngsters to make up the rest to 25 players around the squad. We do actually have that up front if Walker and Waghorn can be revived, just not in other parts of the pitch especially if we’re going back to the box.

robbiekeane

What are you talking about? We’ve not sold anyone and we’ve signed Kasey Palmer? That’s literally all that’s happened.

Everything else is speculation and people getting wound up over nothing. If you can’t handle transfer rumours, it’s likely that the transfer rumour thread isn’t the best place for you to hang out….

shmmeee

What are you talking about? We’ve not sold anyone and we’ve signed Kasey Palmer? That’s literally all that’s happened.

Everything else is speculation and people getting wound up over nothing. If you can’t handle transfer rumours, it’s likely that the transfer rumour thread isn’t the best place for you to hang out….

*technically we sold Shipley

Users who are viewing this thread