Transfer Rumour Louie Sibley (1 Viewer)

Northeast sky blue

I would like to think that if O'Hare was to go, then Robins would be allowed some funds, we've had this talk before and yet managed to bring in Sheaf, Hamer and Gyokeres, all for fees

Reactions: vow

Alkhen

Tbh the figure I heard Fulham have offered for his personal terms would turn any head
It's probably 3 times what he's on here - which is already huge
We've knocked them back as far as the transfer fee goes but these things have a habit of only going one way once a player (or more usually his agent) sees what's on offer

I'll be gutted when wel lose O'Hare but if that sort of career opportunity comes he'd be mad not to take it.

Just refreshing that we aren't bent over a barrel in the fee negotiations for once

fernandopartridge

I'd be gutted for him to go, if it is to sit on the bench after being the main man here for the last two years it's a retrograde move in footballing terms.

Grendel

I'll be gutted when wel lose O'Hare but if that sort of career opportunity comes he'd be mad not to take it.

Just refreshing that we aren't bent over a barrel in the fee negotiations for once

We probably are. Robins I’m sure would have rather it was Hamer who himself I’m sure won’t be too delighted at his fellow midfielder getting mega wages vs his

Alkhen

We probably are. Robins I’m sure would have rather it was Hamer who himself I’m sure won’t be too delighted at his fellow midfielder getting mega wages vs his

One way of looking at it ... but id say we just have a value in mind for each player. nobody wants to match that for Hamer currently then we are not duty bound to sell cheap. more bids will come as the window goes on. its same for O'Hare and Gyok.

Im not deluded like some on here and realize we need to generate cash at some point, that will probably mean selling an asset. thankfully the key players all have time left on their contracts so we don't need to panic yet. Im sure at least one will go but i feel we have a pretty decent hand in negotiations for once.

Reactions: vow

robbiethemole

Fulham will be straight back down, but I suppose a year's wages in the Prem is too good to turn down. The absolute bastards!! (if he goes)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Like others have said, can only see this happening if we're resigned to one of O'Hare or Hamer leaving, and I think it'd be a step backwards in terms of quality. No way would we bring in another midfielder when we're crying out for a LWB and probably 2 CB's out of a very empty purse.

What's frustrating is that I could handle one of the big names being sold if I knew that that all that fee and wages would be reinvested in the squad and allow two or three more signings to join. But I know that won't happen and we'll end up bringing in a single replacement on the cheap and hoping they fill the sizeable gap. Like when we replaced Keane with Bellamy, only with even less of the funds being given to the manager.

I really do, at this moment, expect us to regress a bit this season.

Last edited:

shmmeee

Like others have said, can only see this happening if we're resigned to one of O'Hare or Hamer leaving, and I think it'd be a step backwards in terms of quality. No way would we bring in another midfielder when we're crying out for a LWB and probably 2 CB's out of a very empty purse.

What's frustrating is that I could handle one of the big names being sold if I knew that that all that fee and wages would be reinvested in the squad and allow two or three more signings to join. But I know that won't happen and we'll end up bringing in a single replacement on the cheap and hoping they fill the sizeable gap. Like when we replaced Keane with Bellamy, only with even less of the funds being given to the manager.

On paper Keane for Bellamy was a decent move TBF.

I’m more worried about a McSheffrey for Leon McKenzie situation.

Alkhen

but thats how it works, we cant reinvest the entire sum on new players. we have overheads to cover.. facilities, maintenance, staff and player wages. all this needs to come from somewhere.

That said Sisu aren't dumb, they will reinvest a percentage to keep the process ticking over.

Sibley could be a bargain, he was really hyped a few years back. if we could get him back on track he could shine.

And before people moan about gambling on unproven or out of form players, that is literally all we ever buy these days... and has paid off before. who knew anything about Hamer really? we didnt really know if Gyok would hit the heights he did last season

slowpoke

Tbh the figure I heard Fulham have offered for his personal terms would turn any head
It's probably 3 times what he's on here - which is already huge
We've knocked them back as far as the transfer fee goes but these things have a habit of only going one way once a player (or more usually his agent) sees what's on offer
Where did you hear that ? has there been secret negotiations well not so secret by the sound of it while he has been in Spain

rexo87

I know it's not like us to actually have a decent squad but if we were a normal club you would expect a third attacking midfielder to come in alongside Palmer and Ohare given we like to play with two AM's

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

rexo87

Okay, we really don't need 3 attacking midfielders AND 4 strikers.
Agreed. Think we need 3 of each so we can mix up the formation properly between the box and 2 up front. So 6 players for 3 positions which is ideal

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread