Love snow (4 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Snowing not far from the Ricoh either, not sure how much there will be.

Roads were fine, few cheeky handbrakes to make the most on the slippier bits too ;)

Otis

Snowing not far from the Ricoh either, not sure how much there will be.

Roads were fine, few cheeky handbrakes to make the most on the slippier bits too ;)
Aren't rugby fans more likely to slip anyway, what with the wearing of flip flops?

Nick

Administrator
Aren't rugby fans more likely to slip anyway, what with the wearing of flip flops?

They will roll further as well, being round and everything.

giphy.gif

duffer

I had a Vauxhall Frontera once. Fabulous motor. I used to go on 4x4 days out at Cannock Chase. I would leave Range Rovers stuck in the ruts and gradients and just drive past them. Very under-rated motor! Also had a Toyota Rav4 but never done any particular 4x4 stuff in it.

With all due respect HH (i.e. not wanting to get laid out) ;) imho whilst they probably were underrated, there's no way a Frontera would be as good off-road as a Land Rover product of any given era. I suspect either a difference in tyres or in driver ability/confidence, possibly both!

I used to work at LR, so perhaps I'm biased, but I did a fair bit of off-road testing in them for work and I always found them pretty much unstoppable - I'd run out of bottle way before the car did. :)

Otis

Yep, me. Done all sorts bit never worked for JLR. Seems to me that their pension may be slightly better than mine.
I obviously made some wrong life choices.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
British Coal pension was a good un!!!

duffer

No pension for me, sadly, I was merely a temp/contractor at Rover, Jaguar, and then Jaguar Land Rover. Back in the day I thought everyone in Coventry worked for one of those, or if you were unskilled, Chrysler/Talbot/Peugeot. :)

I know people who worked at the same desk for four or possibly five different companies whilst at Jaguar/JLR, it's great to see them doing so well now.

dutchman

No pension for me, sadly, I was merely a temp/contractor at Rover, Jaguar, and then Jaguar Land Rover. Back in the day I thought everyone in Coventry worked for one of those, or if you were unskilled, Chrysler/Talbot/Peugeot. :)

I know people who worked at the same desk for four or possibly five different companies whilst at Jaguar/JLR, it's great to see them doing so well now.
It's a myth that everyone in Coventry worked in the car industry. People forget just how huge employers like GEC and Courtaulds were in the city.

lifeskyblue

Dad worked at GEC then Armstrong Siddely (before it became rolls Royce). More on aircraft engines than cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Needs to go soonish now, just back from being out, fortunately my mate has a new Land Rover sporty thing so we were ok on the ring road many all over the shop!

olderskyblue

Came back from town earlier, some roads were very slippy. Exit ramp from ring road turning right towards the butts is going to see a prang I suspect. ABS came into action for me even with M+S tyres and 4x4, and going very slowly.

dutchman

New Year's Eve 1962, one of the coldest nights on record. Fowler tank engine standing at platform three of the newly-built Coventry Station. The incongruity of a dirty old steam engine operating from a shiny new station building was not lost on people.
lnwrcov1578.jpg

Otis

When my missus tries on M&S dresses and asks me how she looks, I quite often say 'I can see your spare tyre.'

Grendel

Grendel

Can't you get Baker a job to stop this endless obsession some fans have that he might come back? There must be something he can do?

I guess he could direct traffic. Standing still shouting and arms outretched are requirements.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Check your lofts people it appears the fine snow has gone up into lofts (through the tiny ventilation gaps) settled,melted and if anything like my house gone through the ceiling!

Appears it’s happened to a fair few people!

Terry Gibson's perm

Check your lofts people it appears the fine snow has gone up into lofts (through the tiny ventilation gaps) settled,melted and if anything like my house gone through the ceiling!

Appears it’s happened to a fair few people!

I hope not my flat roof blew off in the wind the other week fortunately the insurance paid out

Users who are viewing this thread