Man arrested for killing a burglar (1 Viewer)

Astute

He got released hours ago on bail.

If it ever goes to court I would be happy to donate a substantial amount on crowd funding for the best lawyer money can buy. And I know many more will.

The law must change more. Break into someones house and it is your fault on anything that happens to you. And give proper sentences to burglars. Double it for a woman alone or with kids. Treble it if it is pensioners. Fuck their human rights.

wingy

Tell you what, I don't know how recent the photo of the guy is, but at 78 I wouldn't fancy tackling him .

bringbackrattles

When the dust settles he'll walk free. If not the backlash will be huge as all we are hearing is about murders and stabbings in London. He acted in self defence in his own home, a medal should be awarded.
The burglar who died was wanted for breaking in to the home of a 70 year old householder. So he was a coward picking on the elderly. His sister came on the telly saying he didn't deserve to die as he was lovely gentle bloke. He broke in to a house armed with a screwdriver !

Astute

Tell you what, I don't know how recent the photo of the guy is, but at 78 I wouldn't fancy tackling him .
So you are both about the same age then :smuggrin:

vow

His sister came on the telly saying he didn't deserve to die as he was lovely gentle bloke. He broke in to a house armed with a screwdriver !
Saw the silly bitch too on the evening news, I thought she must be on the same drugs as her "lovely, gentle brother" was on.

I didn't know his wife with dementia was upstairs either, fucking pair of cunts, cowards, deserved what he got.
Hope they catch the other scumbag now.

Johnnythespider

I agree that he shouldn't face any charges if he's acted in self defence, but one thing that intrigues me is how his age, 78, makes a difference. Should a younger man acting in self defence be treated differently, I know that if I was confronted by somebody waving a screwdriver in my face I would use anything that came to hand against them, I would hope the fact I'm not 78 wouldn't go against me.

Astute

I agree that he shouldn't face any charges if he's acted in self defence, but one thing that intrigues me is how his age, 78, makes a difference. Should a younger man acting in self defence be treated differently, I know that if I was confronted by somebody waving a screwdriver in my face I would use anything that came to hand against them, I would hope the fact I'm not 78 wouldn't go against me.
It shouldn't make any difference. As long as all in the heat of the moment and stops as soon as the necessary force stops the dangerous situation. And you don't attack the person just for being there.

It ends up one word against another. Or in this case one word.......

Otis

Ah, but a younger man would think on his feet and be more agile and look round for the best means of defence in the kitchen.

'Shall I go for the knife drawer? How close is the rolling pin? Have I got spray bleach in the cupboard that I can spray in his face? Etc.

A confused OAP would probably just grab an egg whisk.

clint van damme

Astute

I hope they look after the bloke and his wife, it looks as if he is from a family of criminals so hope they don't start going back to his house to cause trouble.
A family of criminals that have made 'a living' out of robbing pensioners. Yet members of his family will tell you how much of a lovely lad he was.

clint van damme

A family of criminals that have made 'a living' out of robbing pensioners. Yet members of his family will tell you how much of a lovely lad he was.

there aren't many people who die and don't get an ounce of sympathy from anyone in the whole country apart from family, that should tell them something but I get the feeling this is one of those families where everything bad that happens to them is someone elses fault.

covcity4life

he didnt ask them to break in

elderly women beat up by 2 teenage girls in memorial park last week too, whats wrong with people these days?

Nick

Administrator
he didnt ask them to break in

elderly women beat up by 2 teenage girls in memorial park last week too, whats wrong with people these days?

That's what I dont like about nowadays.

Obviously there has always been utter scumbags like that but back in the day every dodgy person I knew who got into trouble at least had some morals (if you can call them that).

Astute

That's what I dont like about nowadays.

Obviously there has always been utter scumbags like that but back in the day every dodgy person I knew who got into trouble at least had some morals (if you can call them that).
In my younger days you didn't steal off your own. You respect your elders. And if anyone was caught doing anything to pensioners they would get the shit kicked out of them.

Growing up I feared the women that lived either side of me. They were like mothers to me. I was a bit of a rogue but respected adults. These days many youth don't even respect police. Adults are someone to swear at. And if an adult defends themself they get arrested.

Otis

In my younger days you didn't steal off your own. You respect your elders. And if anyone was caught doing anything to pensioners they would get the shit kicked out of them.

Growing up I feared the women that lived either side of me. They were like mothers to me. I was a bit of a rogue but respected adults. These days many youth don't even respect police. Adults are someone to swear at. And if an adult defends themself they get arrested.
Hardly anyone respects the police these days.

When I was little no-one dare answer back to a policeman. These days most don't twice about giving some lip.

skyblueinBaku

Hardly anyone respects the police these days.

When I was little no-one dare answer back to a policeman. These days most dontd think twice about giving lip.
That's because giving lip to a policeman usually resulted in a smack across the head with a rolled up cape. If you went home and told your dad, there would be no sympathy - "you must have deserved it".

Otis

That's because giving lip to a policeman usually resulted in a smack across the head with a rolled up cape. If you went home and told your dad, there would be no sympathy - "you must have deserved it".
Yep, got all that.

Even when I was completely innocent and got picked up by the police once by mistake, my parents said I must have done something wrong.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I think the truth about the past is all getting a bit blurred what with all of yous lot peering through those heavily rose tinted specs.......

I agree there is a very small (but growing) minority of the underclass/criminal classes that have zero respect for anything......be it property, authority or life itself.....

I will say that whilst I respect some individual police officers for the job they often do, its very difficult to respect "the police" as an organisation when they are often as bent as a butchers hook........

Otis

I think the truth about the past is all getting a bit blurred what with all of yous lot peering through those heavily rose tinted specs.......

I agree there is a very small (but growing) minority of the underclass/criminal classes that have zero respect for anything......be it property, authority or life itself.....

I will say that whilst I respect some individual police officers for the job they often do, its very difficult to respect "the police" as an organisation when they are often as bent as a butchers hook........
I was scared stiff of the police when I was little.

Johnnythespider

I once found myself on a night out with a group of off duty police officers, like society as a whole most were ok but a couple were complete twats. The younger ones thought you should ask questions first and judge a character, the older ones were hit first ask questions later. I respected the younger ones but could understand why the older ones were the way they were.

Astute

Jusy been reading about it. Fantastic news.

But they are boarding up his house as they fear reprisals. The bloke and his wife have already suffered enough.

Should just warn them that anyone even caught near the house or the couple would be severely dealt with.

martcov

Jusy been reading about it. Fantastic news.

But they are boarding up his house as they fear reprisals. The bloke and his wife have already suffered enough.

Should just warn them that anyone even caught near the house or the couple would be severely dealt with.

Yes, these scum will see it that the old guy has killed one of them and deserves being punished. Probably by a group of them.

Astute

Yes, these scum will see it that the old guy has killed one of them and deserves being punished. Probably by a group of them.
But they must be big men. That is why several of them have served years each inside for crimes against pensioners.

martcov

But they must be big men. That is why several of them have served years each inside for crimes against pensioners.

Yes, scum. Their mentality says they were just doing a job and this geezer came out of the blue and killed one of them. They know where the old guy lives and, maybe, they’ll get him back. The guy is now in their world through no fault of his own.

Astute

Yes, scum. Their mentality says they were just doing a job and this geezer came out of the blue and killed one of them. They know where the old guy lives and, maybe, they’ll get him back. The guy is now in their world through no fault of his own.
By the sound of it he only ever goes shopping ince a week and looks after his ill wife the rest of the time.

He may have killed one of them. But they are scum. He is not. He didn't choose to kill someone. They have chosen the life where they constantly rob old people. He is still miles above their standing in my eyes.

Does anyone know how we could nominate him for an award something like citizen of the year?

shmmeee

Few doors down from my Mum and Dads a few months ago, an elderly guy was left battered on the floor after a group of lads waited for his less frail wife to leave then forced their way in and robbed the place.

Thing that hit me was that even though he didn’t say anything you could tell it was playing on my Dads mind as he started commenting on police cars or talking about alarm systems. I hated the thought of them a few doors down if that gang came back for a second go on the street. He’s a frail guy and probably wouldn’t survive TBH. Half that area (Canley Gardens) is retirees, the sum total increase in fear after that one attack must have been huge.

An Englishman’s home is his castle, frankly I’d double sentences for any crime involving breaking into a home at the very least. Never an excuse for it, no one does it by accident or for a good reason. Even if you’re starving on the street there’s other options. Utter scum.

Users who are viewing this thread