Man arrested for killing a burglar (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

There used to be a criminal code. Do not hurt children, respect the elderly, and if you commited a crime don't cry about it if you got sent down. Now a lot of "criminals" have no respect for anybody even the police. In the Telegraph today a case highlighted saw a bloke who knocked out a copper and got a community order. Years ago he'd have got five years !

Astute

I don't think gypsies have ever had a code of honour mate.
Not all are bad. But thise who are bad give the rest a shit name.

Have them come here once a year. But when they leave you would never guess they have been. They park up on the seafront away from homes. And pick up every little bit of litter. So they are welcome each year.

But others seem to have a code of dishonour.

stupot07

This is a case in point that there should be a ban on releasing the identity/photos of accused before a charge has been made. This guys name and photos are everywhere, yet he has been released without charge. Whilst some will give him a handshake there will be others will call him a murderer or try to seek revenge.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Astute

This is a case in point that there should be a ban on releasing the identity/photos of accused before a charge has been made. This guys name and photos are everywhere, yet he has been released without charge. Whilst some will give him a handshake there will be others will call him a murderer or try to seek revenge.
Maybe in a case like this it is better for the accused to be named and his circumstances released. It would have taken a brave (or stupid) CPS person to decide on a charge on the poor bloke after seeing the public reaction.

clint van damme

Now been released with no further action.

Farcical.

not really, he killed someone. The police had a duty to look into it and be sure it was all as it appeared to be.
The correct decision has been reached and I hope the authorities continue to support him and his wife as I'd imagine he is in a right state after whats happened.

Otis

not really, he killed someone. The police had a duty to look into it and be sure it was all as it appeared to be.
The correct decision has been reached and I hope the authorities continue to support him and his wife as I'd imagine he is in a right state after whats happened.
It is farcical though, CVD.

Why couldn't he be just be brought in for questioning rather than on suspicion of murder?

How would you feel if someone broke into your house and after a struggle you stabbed the person in self defence and the next thing you know you are arrested on suspicion of murder?

You said yourself 'the police had a duty to look into it.' Well, that's exactly what they should have done, looked into it.

Just bring the bloke in for questioning. Why on suspicion of murder? It also suddenly went very quickly from GBH to murder.

I would say 'farcical' describes it all just fine.

stupot07

Maybe in a case like this it is better for the accused to be named and his circumstances released. It would have taken a brave (or stupid) CPS person to decide on a charge on the poor bloke after seeing the public reaction.
Surely you can have a news paper article without having to print a name or photo? I doubt the news articles had any baring on the decision, you only have to watch 24 hours in police custody to see how difficult it is to get a charge. Looking at the guidance of reasonable force, its a case the CPS would've struggled to argue.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Astute

It is farcical though, CVD.

Why couldn't he be just be brought in for questioning rather than on suspicion of murder?

How would you feel if someone broke into your house and after a struggle you stabbed the person in self defence and the next thing you know you are arrested on suspicion of murder?

You said yourself 'the police had a duty to look into it.' Well, that's exactly what they should have done, looked into it.

Just bring the bloke in for questioning. Why on suspicion of murder? It also suddenly went very quickly from GBH to murder.

I would say 'farcical' describes it all just fine.
But to question him by law he has to be told what the possible charge is. He killed someone so there was a chance of it being murder. It isn't as though they would have been calling him a murderer.

And I would bet any money that they treated him very well. All charges got dropped very quickly for such a serious event. Can you imagine the uproar by the scums family if he hadn't been questioned?

And I wonder how many of the police interviewing him wanted to shake his hand and give him a big hug.

Astute

Surely you can have a news paper article without having to print a name or photo? I doubt the news articles had any baring on the decision, you only have to watch 24 hours in police custody to see how difficult it is to get a charge. Looking at the guidance of reasonable force, its a case the CPS would've struggled to argue.
I don't necessarily disagree.

But our press has the freedom of speech. They also put his version across very well. They let us know what the scum and his family are like. They made sure that there was no sympathy for them at all. And the press made sure that a charge of any kind would have left the whole country in uproar.

And the scums family would have known who it was anyway. The other one is free still. And from the families past would anyone be surprised if the other scum with him was his family?

Otis

But to question him by law he has to be told what the possible charge is. He killed someone so there was a chance of it being murder. It isn't as though they would have been calling him a murderer.

And I would bet any money that they treated him very well. All charges got dropped very quickly for such a serious event. Can you imagine the uproar by the scums family if he hadn't been questioned?

And I wonder how many of the police interviewing him wanted to shake his hand and give him a big hug.
But surely 'manslaughter' then. Why 'murder?'

Could you just imagine the shock if that was you in that situation and you were arrested on the suspicion of murder? Why that poor bloke must have gone through for that whole day he was arrested.

Grendel

Could you just imagine the shock if that was you in that situation and you were arrested on the suspicion of murder? Why that poor bloke must have gone through for that whole day he was arrested.

Because it would have been murder he’d have been charged with.

Astute

Before questioning him could they be sure it wasn't murder?

As I said they have to use the worse case possible. Now the scums family can't do anything about it that will make a difference.

Grendel

Why would it?

Surely acting in self defence is not murder. Wouldn't be premeditated.

Happy to get the clarification on it. :)

It occurred I assume outside the property - also it’s a misconception that you can just kill someone in your house - if you found a person in your house who was stealing but unarmed and you shot him through the head with a shotgun it’s likeky would be charged and prosecuted.

Otis

It occurred I assume outside the property - also it’s a misconception that you can just kill someone in your house - if you found a person in your house who was stealing but unarmed and you shot him through the head with a shotgun it’s likeky would be charged and prosecuted.
Yeah, I understand that. This was seemingly a struggle though.

Do we know it happened outside the house? All I heard was that he got stabbed and then his mate dragged him down the road. Could he not have dragged him from the house TO the road?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Out of this is I really hope the victim in this matter (the old chap) life isn’t made harder by the press or anyone else, I hope the whole situation doesn’t play a part in any health decline etc.

Hopefully the locals will keep an eye on him and look after the fella.

Otis

Out of this is I really hope the victim in this matter (the old chap) life isn’t made harder by the press or anyone else, I hope the whole situation doesn’t play a part in any health decline etc.

Yeah. Concern for retribution perhaps now he's been named and his picture is all over the papers.

ccfcricoh

It's in the news today that he's had to move away due to the level of death threats and the "victims" (thief who I have no sympathy for) family/friends have turned the poor blokes fence into a memorial... I was fuming reading it but am now struggling to find the link I read it on!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

SkyblueBazza

It has to be considered that the guy murdered him. Yes he MIGHT have set out shouting to scare said intruders away...they stood firm, & even began to intimidate or maybe even attack him - so he responded in self defence...but he still killed someone. It HAS to be investigated.
One the other hand he MIGHT simply have heard intruders, took up a weapon & sneaked up with the sole aim of snuffing them out. Again, it HAS to be investigated.

Media frenzy can sometimes be engineered to knowngly create public outcry in such cases simply so said media can later claim some weird apparent victory of their power over the establishment (which is absolute bollocks, they don't really have any) when said 'victim' is released.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

SkyblueBazza

Why would it?

Surely acting in self defence is not murder. Wouldn't be premeditated.

Happy to get the clarification on it. :)
You can't just ignore the term "on suspicion of"...that was what he was arrested upon

SkyblueBazza

I'm sure that if, in the media frenzy surrounding his case, he gives interviews & presents the interviewer with a religiously controversial theme - he will get official police protection for the rest of his days

Astute

It wouldn't surprise me if the scums family put in a claim for his death being caused by an accident at work :rolleyes:

Nick

Administrator
I doubt he is ever going to be able to return to that house now, all boarded up to stop vandalism of it.

Captain Dart

Scumbags trying to elicit sympathy by pointing out burglar had kids.

Frankly I think it is a pity he bred, better for everyone if he was childless & didn't pass on his thieving genes.

Johnnythespider

Scumbags trying to elicit sympathy by pointing out burglar had kids.

Frankly I think it is a pity he bred, better for everyone if he was childless & didn't pass on his thieving genes.
Is there such a thing as a thieving gene, quite a shocking comment if you don't mind me saying.

Grendel

It’s interest as a lot of the liberal chattering classes on here often believe in lower jail sentences and one even said prison is just vengeance yet now seen the most rabidly vociferous in their blood lust.

I’ve read something about this gang of renegades and one goes in and out of prison with regularity to the point that he’s off defrauding some hapless victim the minute he’s out.

In the end these people aren’t going to be re-entering society with any hope of contributing anything positive. Longer sentences are more effective as they remove these menaces for longer a rope around the neck after fraud number 3 might have made some of his clan have a serious rethink.

Users who are viewing this thread