Match Off (3 Viewers)

covcity4life

Gutted but maybe this is a good thing?

Perhaps if this causes a real head ache for scheduling it will make the football league think twice? Or maybe media willreport more on tthis shambles?

Sky Blue Pete

Doesn't this cloud have a silver lining called.... Callum Wilson availability..?

View attachment 3305 According to the official club website we are back at the Ricoh for Tuesdays game!!!!!

Better sort your signature out then mate.

If people would have been happy not having a club then slate the football league. If not then thank them and blame the owners while encouraging our council to get round the table.

Personally I am at the point where CCfc may as well cease to exist as I won't watch them in Northampton.

Let's not be naive though Greg dyke said the choice was compete or not and to compete we needed a home ground.

Sorry nick old ground.

Again, it would be great if Northampton and us failed to complete our fixtures it was bloody stupid to think this was a workable solution for anyone

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Why would the media report any more on this? It's called "rain". It's been on the news since December. It soaks the ground. People know we play at Northampton. Do you really think more media coverage will help our plight? It hasn't done a lot up to now. We're still under SISU. We still play 34 miles away.

M&B Stand

Meanwhile at the Ricoh

1891268_10152197822296815_319743939_n.jpg

Leicester u21's will be delighted

duffer

If people would have been happy not having a club then slate the football league. If not then thank them and blame the owners while encouraging our council to get round the table.

Personally I am at the point where CCfc may as well cease to exist as I won't watch them in Northampton.

Let's not be naive though Greg dyke said the choice was compete or not and to compete we needed a home ground.

Sorry nick old ground.

Again, it would be great if Northampton and us failed to complete our fixtures it was bloody stupid to think this was a workable solution for anyone

If the Football League hadn't bottled it, and followed their rules instead of using 'discretion', there would have had to been a deal at the Ricoh.

Noggin

Sorry nick old ground.

There were multiple options available to the football league that didn't involve us not having a Club, Greg Dyke saying we wouldn't have a club is because he believed (well he said he believed anyway) that we couldn't play in Coventry which of course was nonsense, the football league could have insisted the golden share went elsewhere at sale time too.

skybluetony176

If the Football League hadn't bottled it, and followed their rules instead of using 'discretion', there would have had to been a deal at the Ricoh.

in truth i guess we'll never know but that would be my gut feeling as well.

it did seem to me that the FL never entertained the idea of refusing permission for a ground share making the mess we are in all too easy to happen. they should have at least refused it once in an effort to keep sisu's options down pushing them to a negotiation with ACL and then reconsider this decision if no deal could be done.

if sisu and the FL had have put the same amount of effort into keeping cov in cov as they did into taking cov out of cov i'm sure we would be at the ricoh and this game would have been on.

who knows with the good football the team are playing we could be playing to record league 1 crowds at the ricoh benifiting the club with FFP and benefiting SP as i cant believe that some of the players that SP has been trying to sign either permanently or on loan havent taken a look at the whole situation and thought, no thanks not for me.

wingy

There are articles that suggest that the FL were aware /briefed and onside with a move and new ground by Mid January ,either read that on here or In CT last week .

Not new news but the Idea that they don't get involved In commercial disputes ,and the last minute nature of accepting the Ground share are a phalacy.

Last edited:

chiefdave

Another game Wilson can be involved in. No bad thing.

The flip side being with a small squad and a lot of games in a short space of time there will be little recovery time. Will mean there's a good chance we'll need to play players at less than 100% or bring in more kids. Can't see us getting through that many games so quickly without anyone picking up a knock.

Grendel

There were multiple options available to the football league that didn't involve us not having a Club, Greg Dyke saying we wouldn't have a club is because he believed (well he said he believed anyway) that we couldn't play in Coventry which of course was nonsense, the football league could have insisted the golden share went elsewhere at sale time too.

Isn't this off topic?

NTFC

I know its difficult but can you not keep scapegoating us? You can't get at SISU or ACL so you let fly at a small family club? By all means have a go at our chairman for making a stupid decision (he is not a football man) aimed at improving cash flow but to extrapolate it out to our club and our fans is short sighted. If the whole saga was clear cut it would be simple to get behind you but months later there is still so much arguing going on over who is to blame. Surely, if you were sure that SISU were the evil they are you would have set up a phoenix club by now? Why are you up in arms about a game being called off for SISU FC?

Last edited:

shmmeee

I know its difficult but can you not keep scapegoating us? You can't get at SISU or ACL so you let fly at a small family club? By all means have a go at our chairman for making a stupid decision (he is not a football man) aimed at improving cash flow but to extrapolate it out to our club and our fans is short sighted. If the whole saga was clear cut it would be simple to get behind you but months later there is still so much arguing going on over who is to blame. Surely, if you were sure that SISU were the evil they are you would have set up a phoenix club by now? Why are you up in arms about a game being called off for SISU FC?

Would you give up your club after less than a season? It's nowhere near as clear cut as say Wimbledon.

That said you're spot on about blaming NTFC as a whole. I'm sure its just frustration creeping in.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I hope it rains for the remainder of the season and lots more get postponed.

Maybe the FL would force Coventry City to play in Coventry Ricoh Arena to enable fixture fullfillment? How ironic?

Rain could be a way out of this nightmare.

Rain rain rain!!!

NTFC

Our fans set up the first ever supporter's trust. We have seen very bad days believe me. I have no doubt that there would be a Pheonix club set up at NTFC quickly if we were in your position. It has gone on too long now. It's not as if you give the club up completely, within a few years you could be back where you are now with SISU long gone and people who actually care about the club in charge. I'd honestly rather be in non league than be in the mess you are now with an abstract hope you may play at the RICOH again with god knows who in charge.

skybluelee

Our fans set up the first ever supporter's trust. We have seen very bad days believe me. I have no doubt that there would be a Pheonix club set up at NTFC quickly if we were in your position. It has gone on too long now. It's not as if you give the club up completely, within a few years you could be back where you are now with SISU long gone and people who actually care about the club in charge. I'd honestly rather be in non league than be in the mess you are now with an abstract hope you may play at the RICOH again with god knows who in charge.

I would rather we were a non league side playing in Coventry than this. Suspect most city fans feel the same, the 1400 Shitfields super fans aside.

chiefdave

Our fans set up the first ever supporter's trust. We have seen very bad days believe me.

I think that's part of the reason some people were so disappointed with the response from your fans when the move was proposed. We had seen supporters of other clubs come out very strongly against it and lobby their clubs against a groundshare. The general impression that came forward from Northampton was as long as you got some cash there was no objection. Our trust contacted your trust and asked them to make a stand against the groundshare and the response was a very weak statement from your trust that didn't state they were against the groundshare. In some peoples eyes your club and your fans have been seen to be far too welcoming to SISU and their money at the expense of the 'greater good' for want of a better term. That has led some people to view your position in the league as something akin to karma.

Noggin

Isn't this off topic?

absolutely (though the reasons for us being in northampton are pretty relevant to the game being off), perhaps you'd like to direct the comment at the person I replied to rather than me, once someone says something thats off topic especially if it's a controversial statement you can't blame someone for replying.

Last edited:

torchomatic

Is that at half time during a game last season? Oh, apart from the JPT semi that is.We all turned out for that one, didn't we?

Meanwhile at the Ricoh

1891268_10152197822296815_319743939_n.jpg

rondog1973

I think that's part of the reason some people were so disappointed with the response from your fans when the move was proposed. We had seen supporters of other clubs come out very strongly against it and lobby their clubs against a groundshare. The general impression that came forward from Northampton was as long as you got some cash there was no objection. Our trust contacted your trust and asked them to make a stand against the groundshare and the response was a very weak statement from your trust that didn't state they were against the groundshare. In some peoples eyes your club and your fans have been seen to be far too welcoming to SISU and their money at the expense of the 'greater good' for want of a better term. That has led some people to view your position in the league as something akin to karma.
Wasn't aware this was the case (NTFC Trusts weak response). Would it be worth contacting them again, given the postponements and their league position? Surely they can now see the utter folly of their Chairman's decision to accept a groundshare.

Maybe KCIC and NTFC trust could form a protest union, and launch events aimed at Cordoza. At the end of the day, they must realise as most of us do that it's the feckless immoral club owners that are responsible for this fiasco.

torchomatic

Maybe if ACL could make sure we're docked another ten points then the "motivation" would push us up the table, eh?

Indeed not.

In fact more brilliant forward planning by SISU that should raise our gratitude to even higher levels.

torchomatic

A lot on here say they would. They wanted liquidation before we even knew about moving from the Ricoh.

Would you give up your club after less than a season? It's nowhere near as clear cut as say Wimbledon.

That said you're spot on about blaming NTFC as a whole. I'm sure its just frustration creeping in.

Pubboy

Maybe if ACL could make sure we're docked another ten points then the "motivation" would push us up the table, eh?

So, according to both sides ACL have moved on and so have SISU. In which case, why do you keep coming up with such comments? I know you are trying to either be funny or have your little dig (again and again), but really!?!?! Everyone knows the majority blames SISU for this mess, and a much small number believe its all down to ACL and the Council. Fine, we get it. How on earth could ACL get Cov another points deduction ?????

NTFC

Our Trust is not what it once was but you failed to give any straightforward argument which rank and file Cobblers fans could get behind. This is born out in endless pages of bitching and rowing over who is to blame on here. If you can't decide yourself you have little chance of getting our fans onside and lets not forget we had no interest in you before (nor would you in use with roles reversed).

If you organised a phoenix club there would least be a logic to your actions but at the moment there is a strange vacuum of "what to do next" with an abstract desire to get "back to the Ricoh" and some unknown saviour to take you over.

All the slagging off of Sixfields won't help either. Its not the best stadium but was built through the sale of the municipal bus company by our council who saw the need to continue football in the town. If only your council was so noble.

sbvet

Banned
What to me is more worrying is that Pressley's "pretty" football relies on having a good surface to play on. The worst performances this season have happened on dreadful pitches.

with a massive fixture pile up, we are going to have tired players on a bad pitch. And this new kid is an unknown quantity. And let's face it his choice of strikers this season has been questionable.

Hopefully he can turn things around, but I think it's 3 wins in the last 10. All it needs is for a couple of the relegation zone teams to go on a run, and city will be deep in the brown stuff.

The lack of funding over the years by sisu is really starting to hit home

skybluetony176

Our Trust is not what it once was but you failed to give any straightforward argument which rank and file Cobblers fans could get behind. This is born out in endless pages of bitching and rowing over whois to blame on here. If you can't decide yourself you have little chance of getting our fans onside and lets not forget we had no interest in you before (nor would you in use with roles reversed).

If you organised a phoenix club there would least be a logic to your actions but at the moment there is a strange vacuum of "what to do next" with an abstract desire to get "back to the Ricoh" and some unknown saviour to take you over.

All the slagging off of Sixfields won't help either. Its not the best stadium but was built through the sale of the municipal bus company by our council who saw the need to continue football in the town. If only your council was so noble.

Seriously, I don't know what type of football "fans" NTFC fans class themselves as but if they need a "straight forward argument" to convince them why your club should never have got involved in another club's affairs there is no more hope for your club than there is our's.

I've always been careful to not blame your fans or call your ground shitfields out of respect. But comments like your opening gambit make me wonder why.

skyblueinBaku

There are articles that suggest that the FL were aware /briefed and onside with a move and new ground by Mid January ,either read that on here or In CT last week .

Not new news but the Idea that they don't get involved In commercial disputes ,and the last minute nature of accepting the Ground share are a phalacy.

Got a link for this, Wingy?

Users who are viewing this thread