Maybe two more... (1 Viewer)

mrtrench

Robins said that he may have two more coming in. I cannot think what else I'd do at this stage so I'm guessing they would be development signings. Indeed if anything I'm rather expecting a handful to leave. Thoughts?

rob9872

Westwood and Messi

Liquid Gold

I wouldn't have thought he'd make an issue of bringing in development players. Maybe a LWB is the only place I could see us doing something.

mark82

Do you only band around names that have been mentioned in the telegraph? Why would you want Garbutt; he’s shite and on big wages.

Technically I don't think Gatbutt is on any wages at the moment, but I agree - he's not really someone I'd expect us to be looking at.

Samo

Robins said that he may have two more coming in. I cannot think what else I'd do at this stage so I'm guessing they would be development signings. Indeed if anything I'm rather expecting a handful to leave. Thoughts?

By my calculations he needs outgoings before in comings to stay in line with the squad cap.
I think if anyone comes in it will be an attacking midfielder, probably on loan from PL.
If there is room for another, I think he'll wait until late in the window and assess weaknesses in the meantime.

fernandopartridge

it sounds counter intuitive but i wouldn't be surprised to see a right back / right wing back come in, i'm not convinced Robins necessarily fancies any of his backup options to Dabo at this point (and with Dacosta out), and who knows how straightforward his return from injury will be

mark82

it sounds counter intuitive but i wouldn't be surprised to see a right back / right wing back come in, i'm not convinced Robins necessarily fancies any of his backup options to Dabo at this point (and with Dacosta out), and who knows how straightforward his return from injury will be

Yeah, a short term loan like we had with Tennai Watson last year wouldn't surprise me.

Skybluedownunder

Do you only band around names that have been mentioned in the telegraph? Why would you want Garbutt; he’s shite and on big wages.

Garbutt hasn’t been linked with us at all you bellend and what’s wrong with saying which names id be happy to take out of the ones we’ve been linked with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PUSB-We_are_going_up

By my calculations he needs outgoings before in comings to stay in line with the squad cap.
I think if anyone comes in it will be an attacking midfielder, probably on loan from PL.
If there is room for another, I think he'll wait until late in the window and assess weaknesses in the meantime.
Mason mount

Samo

Enough with the Walsh already!

Liquid Gold

What about if we got him on loan with an agreed option to buy him at the end of the season?
Definitely but then why would Walsh bother signing a contract when he can come here for free at the end of the season anyway and pocked a larger signing on fee. If he signs the contract there is no chance.

mrtrench

And why would Bristol do that? You can definitely buy him but we want to wait a year before getting the money.

And why would we want it? We know we want him, there's no trial run needed. I guess we'd take it if it was the only way but I cannot see the motivation for anyone wanting that.

SleepyGinger

Unheard of attacking midfielder/winger on loan from a Premier league team is my guess, if jones is out and fitness concerns with hillsner that leaves us with Allen ohare and Shipley for them positions. Signs he might want to play Shipley deeper this year too.

Orca

Players say Baka is as rapid as Giles. That training video would suggest that’s about right. Why don’t we see that pace in game? 🤔

From what I've seen pre-season and against MK, he looks to be trying a good deal harder in games and has certainly been a handful. A proper impact sub.

shmmeee

From what I've seen pre-season and against MK, he looks to be trying a good deal harder in games and has certainly been a handful. A proper impact sub.

Agree. I’m a massive Baka fan, but even I wouldn’t call him a pacey striker, but I can see Giles’ pace in games all the time. Just wondering why that is. We rarely seem to try and play Baka in behind.

Users who are viewing this thread