Maybe two more... (1 Viewer)

Kieranp96

Players say Baka is as rapid as Giles. That training video would suggest that’s about right. Why don’t we see that pace in game? 🤔
We do, just people expect them to be sane quick, plus people got to remember Baka is 6ft 4" his stride may not look big but I'm sure he covers alot more ground than the rest.

Orca

Agree. I’m a massive Baka fan, but even I wouldn’t call him a pacey striker, but I can see Giles’ pace in games all the time. Just wondering why that is. We rarely seem to try and play Baka in behind.

Maybe it's just a question of coaching? He's most likely been played as a target man for most of his career due to his size, so will be more used to playing with his back to goal. The runs Godden makes for our midfield are much more impactful. I don't think we've seen the best of him yet.

Greggs

Agree. I’m a massive Baka fan, but even I wouldn’t call him a pacey striker, but I can see Giles’ pace in games all the time. Just wondering why that is. We rarely seem to try and play Baka in behind.
Difference in positions I guess, usually more space out wide?

Greggs

Maybe it's just a question of coaching? He's most likely been played as a target man for most of his career due to his size, so will be more used to playing with his back to goal. The runs Godden makes for our midfield are much more impactful. I don't think we've seen the best of him yet.
Also a fact of pace over a few yards compared to a 100m sprint

Alkhen

I feel it'll be a couple of decent prospects loaned in.

Another attacker with some pace and another defensive midfielder. Would be my guess.

shmmeee

We do, just people expect them to be sane quick, plus people got to remember Baka is 6ft 4" his stride may not look big but I'm sure he covers alot more ground than the rest.

Yeah this is a good point. I always think shorter players look quicker cos their little legs are moving so fast.

Baka seems to use his pace to close the space on defenders really well, but not so much on the counter like Giles does going forward. I’d love to see him add that to his game.

CCFCSteve

Probably hit the nail on the head there. Style of play. We don’t really knock it long in behind so don’t get to see it often, other than the odd ball down the line.

Brighton Sky Blue

Probably hit the nail on the head there. Style of play. We don’t really knock it long in behind so don’t get to see it often, other than the odd ball down the line.

To be fair he scored two pretty identical goals of that kind of vein against Peterborough

Brighton Sky Blue

Haha, good spot !!! I meant it’s not our general style of play to be hitting long balls in behind though, hence us not probably fully appreciating the pace he’s got.

Agree, but if you have someone able to try defence splitting through balls for him to hang on a defender's shoulder, he looks like he can beat them for pace and have the strength to hold them off.

SkyBlueGuy

My only hesitation wish Walsh would be if it's a loan, he clearly has the quality but I don't want to be developing players for other teams in the division if he signs a 4 year deal there. Spend the money on someone we can push on.

I get what you are saying (although I honestly don't think we have a chance of resigning Walsh, on loan or otherwise) but if he might be the difference between staying up and relegation, I wouldn't hesitate.

Liquid Gold

To be fair he scored two pretty identical goals of that kind of vein against Peterborough

I don't know if those two are the best example, the first one he beats the defender with his first touch and then there is nobody near him and the second the defender manager to catch up with him.

Hertsccfc

Surely a right wing back on loan to cover until Dabo is fit and then as backup until Dacosta is fit. Also a further CAM in light of Jodi's injury

PVA

Surely a right wing back on loan to cover until Dabo is fit and then as backup until Dacosta is fit. Also a further CAM in light of Jodi's injury

Dabo is almost back, can't see us loaning someone for just a few weeks (if that) of cover.

Definitely need a JJ replacement though

Liquid Gold

So what is our CAM depth chart now

O'Hare - Allen
Hilssner - Shipley
Jobello - Kastaneer

Do we need to upgrade that and if we do does it mean getting rid of players?

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't know if those two are the best example, the first one he beats the defender with his first touch and then there is nobody near him and the second the defender manager to catch up with him.

I see your point but it shows a glimpse into what he could do with more efforts to set him up that way

shmmeee

So what is our CAM depth chart now

O'Hare - Allen
Hilssner - Shipley
Jobello - Kastaneer

Do we need to upgrade that and if we do does it mean getting rid of players?

I’d put Bapaga ahead of Kasta there. We haven’t seen the most of Hilßner and Jobello is an unknown quantity really until he’s fit. I’d maybe get a loan in if somethings available, it’s the sort of position you can find a gem in the youth teams of bigger clubs. At least until Jan when Jobello and Hilßner are match fit.

ccfc1234

Giles looks like he can play left wing. Therefore a LWB would be an option.
Walsh and Garner from Man Utd would seem the others we have been linked with. Probably means it will be someone from left field.

We need to work hard to move players out as well.

Liquid Gold

I’d put Bapaga ahead of Kasta there. We haven’t seen the most of Hilßner and Jobello is an unknown quantity really until he’s fit. I’d maybe get a loan in if somethings available, it’s the sort of position you can find a gem in the youth teams of bigger clubs. At least until Jan when Jobello and Hilßner are match fit.
It says to me we need to trim the squad a bit as well as additional, shame Kasta didn't go last week, balata should be out on loan and Jobello is still recovering and is an outright winger. I can see why you'd want someone else in there but I'd be trying to get players on their way too.

Users who are viewing this thread